First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
I just installed this kit (OEM FORD) recently. I don't have a trailer to test it on, but I did test it using an incandescent light bulb and it appears to work properly. I would not use any other aftermarket brake controller as the Ford kit will activate the trailer brakes when the AEB (autonomous emergency braking) in the truck is active. Other brake controllers (at least the ones I looked at) will not apply the trailer brakes during an AEB event which could lead to a dangerous situation. You can get it cheaper at Levittown Ford (and a discount on shipping if you ask).

Genuine Ford Parts, Accessories & Ford Performance | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Had dealer install mine when truck was delivered. It’s working great now after being back to the dealer 4 times to get it right. Ended up having two wires crossed. For me it seems to perform better than the hard wired Curt controller we have in our Passport when pulling the same trailer

Skinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I just installed the OEM controller in my 2019. It was fairly straightforward but did take some time. My only complaint is with the terminals on the end of the wiring harness that you have to push into the connectors at the rear high mounted brake light. The pinned terminals went into the connector fine, but the hollow ones (designed to connect to pins) would not go into the plastic connector no matter how hard I tried. I actually had to push them in with needle nose pliers, and they still would not go in far enough to make connection with the OEM wiring harness. I ended up cutting the OEM and controller harnesses and splicing the wires together. Other than that little hiccup everything went well and the controller works fine.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I got it with my truck. Have towed thousands of miles with it. I think my P3 works better (smoother, easier to adjust), but use the Redarc because it works with the AEB.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
From what I understand, the Ford TBC is the same as the REDArc TBC with extra steps in that it has an extra module for the AEB and Pre-collision system. Accept no substitutes. It's the only way to fly, or in this case STOP!

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
From what I understand, the Ford TBC is the same as the REDArc TBC with extra steps in that it has an extra module for the AEB and Pre-collision system. Accept no substitutes. It's the only way to fly, or in this case STOP!
Correct.

We're at about 3k miles towing with the OEM controller and our 5k lbs GVWR TT. It works fine. It is easy to adjust the gain on the fly. I find I change it depending on conditions (slow stop and go traffic, high speed freeways, downhills).
Sponsored