OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Seems about whats needed w/o spacers and 285's. Most guys are putting on 1-1.5" spacers on stock rims effectively reducing the effective offset to the 30-20mm range, so you are right in that ballpark.

Interesting to see you move from a 60 series LC to a Ranger. I had a nice 40 series for years, had several buddies with 60's and always aspired to get a 60....but based on their current pricing, forget about it. The GF loves the look of the older LC's, but would not be happy in one after 1 long road trip....not to mention they are getting a bit long in the tooth and parts are not getting any easier to find.
Yeah I wanted them to fully clearance with no rubbing on 285 and these do that. Full lock both ways at full cycle and no rubbing so that's what I needed for offroading.

And yeah I loved the 60 and most parts are super easy to find because you can use generics from a million other cars, but for instance I lost my brake booster in Mexico on an offroading trip so I drove home with unassisted brakes (damn driving must've been a workout in the 30s) and then finding one because its model specific was tough. And there are a couple issues I knew would come up long term like the spaghetti of vacuum lines for the emissions system is a nightmare and the 2f is one of the most reliable engines ever built but if it goes it's gone and then I would have to LS swap it bc it's so easy but I didnt want to spend the time and money on it. Plus doesnt hurt that I sold it for twice what I paid so like you said the pricing is a little nutty but mine was a perfect time capsule.

I would love a 40 series one day as a toy but talk about unrealistic pricing. And yeah same thing as the 60. Uncomfortable, slow, but so engaging and so fun and nothing feels like truly mechanical vehicles. Our cars now are closer to the space shuttle than the 40 series it feels like sometimes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing a bunch more work this week, but the bumper design took the lead these past few days. It's getting there. The list of things I'm working on keeps continuing, but this is what the render on this looks like now. A couple more tweaks to make, then going to laser next week or two hopefully.

All modular, 3 piece lower with removable upper hoops, winch compatible, wire management tabs, trussed and gusseted, all following/shadowing the great body lines the truck already has not fighting them. Adventure Ranger Ready.

Black_Bumper.png

Black_Bumper_Side.png

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Doing a bunch more work this week, but the bumper design took the lead these past few days. It's getting there. The list of things I'm working on keeps continuing, but this is what the render on this looks like now. A couple more tweaks to make, then going to laser next week or two hopefully.

All modular, 3 piece lower with removable upper hoops, winch compatible, wire management tabs, trussed and gusseted, all following/shadowing the great body lines the truck already has not fighting them. Adventure Ranger Ready.

Black_Bumper.png

Black_Bumper_Side.png
Cool bumper....looks slick! If you are planning on marketing/selling these, something worth considering (IMO) is flaring the sides out a bit beyond the body so the aftermarket/raptor fender flares will terminate in-line with the bumper. RTR has these "bumperettes" that do the job, but it would be cool to have a bumper that filled the void.

upload_2020-1-24_10-28-45.png

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cleaned up the RTT mounts so it looks a lot cleaner, is more secure with the higher quality brackets, and no more getting stabbed in the back by hanging bolts when I climb in the bed.

Before and after.

20200125_165600.jpg

20200125_173120.jpg

20200125_173143.jpg

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool bumper....looks slick! If you are planning on marketing/selling these, something worth considering (IMO) is flaring the sides out a bit beyond the body so the aftermarket/raptor fender flares will terminate in-line with the bumper. RTR has these "bumperettes" that do the job, but it would be cool to have a bumper that filled the void.

upload_2020-1-24_10-28-45.png

Awesome thanks. Yeah I've been looking into it maybe as an addition so people who run stock fenders like me can have it fit flush then have an attachment that extends to match a flared width. I've got a friend with the ADV glass so I'm going to measure hers for the additional piece.

Still a few tweaks to make but I'm excited, not a lot of good options out there at the moment IMHO.

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
Awesome thanks. Yeah I've been looking into it maybe as an addition so people who run stock fenders like me can have it fit flush then have an attachment that extends to match a flared width. I've got a friend with the ADV glass so I'm going to measure hers for the additional piece.

Still a few tweaks to make but I'm excited, not a lot of good options out there at the moment IMHO.
Depending where you're located in SoCal, I'd let you measure my flares as well. I have the bushwacker oe style flares. The bumper looks great, exactly what I have been looking for! Let me know when you have some more details on it!

Den19

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I wanted them to fully clearance with no rubbing on 285 and these do that. Full lock both ways at full cycle and no rubbing so that's what I needed for offroading.
Did you have to cut/modify the crash bars or trim anything to avoid rubbing?

The stance you have is pretty much what I'm trying to achieve. Sick build, curious to see what else you have coming up!

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have to cut/modify the crash bars or trim anything to avoid rubbing?

The stance you have is pretty much what I'm trying to achieve. Sick build, curious to see what else you have coming up!
Thanks! I'm excited to unveil things as they get made, working hard on getting everything perfect.

Yes, unfortunately to go up in tire size essentially at all, you have to cut the front crash bars, but no trimming.

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending where you're located in SoCal, I'd let you measure my flares as well. I have the bushwacker oe style flares. The bumper looks great, exactly what I have been looking for! Let me know when you have some more details on it!
Thanks! I'll let you know, I may take you up on that. I'm in the LA area.

And for sure, I'll post up about it and let you know. It's taken longer than expected, but I want it to be perfect.

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
Thanks! I'll let you know, I may take you up on that. I'm in the LA area.

And for sure, I'll post up about it and let you know. It's taken longer than expected, but I want it to be perfect.
Awesome! Can't wait!

Den19

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I'm excited to unveil things as they get made, working hard on getting everything perfect.

Yes, unfortunately to go up in tire size essentially at all, you have to cut the front crash bars, but no trimming.
Saw you had SVC UCAs installed, was that for offroad performance only or clearance with the 285/70R17?
Noticed some people come close to hitting the spindle/UCA on full lock, I'm planning on starting out with the ReadyLift SST 3" and upgrading later.

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Even the little things make a difference. Today the chrome dealer plate frames came off and the brand new black Tactilian flag frames went on.

20200117_091421.jpg
Digging the tactilian flag frame. Attempted to go online and order some and they are unfortunately out of stock right now. I was also looking at their magnetic flags for the side of the truck; is this what you have on your truck? If so how well do they stick? If they aren't the magnetic ones where did you get the flags on the side of the doors?

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw you had SVC UCAs installed, was that for offroad performance only or clearance with the 285/70R17?
Noticed some people come close to hitting the spindle/UCA on full lock, I'm planning on starting out with the ReadyLift SST 3" and upgrading later.
It was mostly because I knew the offroad performance gains/strength that would come with them (my goal for the truck) and I'm friends with the guy that designed them and they're really well made. But those will be changing soon(ish) as well for a UCA of my own design, so stay tuned for that as well.

It puts a lot of pressure on the joints of the stock arms and the arms themselves (which they're not built for it) if you're moving the arm that much further down on its axis with a lift/shocks/tires without changing the arms, but I can't say personally how bad it would be since I did the change all at once and never ran stock arms on anything but stock suspension/wheels/tires.

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Digging the tactilian flag frame. Attempted to go online and order some and they are unfortunately out of stock right now. I was also looking at their magnetic flags for the side of the truck; is this what you have on your truck? If so how well do they stick? If they aren't the magnetic ones where did you get the flags on the side of the doors?
Ah yeah I think there was a big rush right when he released them and he's changing the packaging slightly as well I think, but it should be soon that they're available again.

Yes I also have his magnetic flags on the side of the truck and they've never fallen off once. I take them off before washing the truck (they leave a funny but cool flag shape in the dust/dirt), but it's been through rain, snow, mud, etc and doing 80+ on the highway for 10k+ miles and they haven't come off yet.

Den19

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
It was mostly because I knew the offroad performance gains/strength that would come with them (my goal for the truck) and I'm friends with the guy that designed them and they're really well made. But those will be changing soon(ish) as well for a UCA of my own design, so stay tuned for that as well.

It puts a lot of pressure on the joints of the stock arms and the arms themselves (which they're not built for it) if you're moving the arm that much further down on its axis with a lift/shocks/tires without changing the arms, but I can't say personally how bad it would be since I did the change all at once and never ran stock arms on anything but stock suspension/wheels/tires.
Guess I know what the next mod will be Thanks for the good info!
Sponsored