First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
thats interesting because there is loads of manual crvs out here. ill have to look into that! no vtec blows but that just means maybe forced induction can be added later on haha thanks for the info man!
I don't think people favor the CR-V gearing, that is likely why it is uncommon to see it used, and the having to remove a part and cap the opening.

If you're going with a non-OE ECU (something you can flash and program as needed like a Hondata or such) you can put a VTEC head on the B20, just like you would an LS B18.
Sponsored

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think people favor the CR-V gearing, that is likely why it is uncommon to see it used, and the having to remove a part and cap the opening.

If you're going with a non-OE ECU (something you can flash and program as needed like a Hondata or such) you can put a VTEC head on the B20, just like you would an LS B18.
ya ive heard of that with the b20 vtec but was told its a lot harder to do then a b18 lsvtec

thats possible about the trans i did find a ls integra in the junk yard but its manual is prob already gone

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
A friend of mine ran an lsvtec in a hatch back in the days of me running a nitrous fed elantra. That lsvtec was freaking awesome. Not sure ive see a b20 with a vtec head on it.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yeah, it sure did Brandon. It was a bit different, but my brotherā€˜s one was like thisā€¦

062EF53B-98F1-4239-9BE8-968951487259.jpeg

I had something a bit bigger like this oneā€¦

CE5D7EEC-EA78-4DA6-95BE-5CC751450041.jpeg

Of course, we both wish we still had them. ?
Beautiful Duke, you still have memories of the joy in your heart and ofc the sweet pics :turkey:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine ran an lsvtec in a hatch back in the days of me running a nitrous fed elantra. That lsvtec was freaking awesome. Not sure ive see a b20 with a vtec head on it.
A b20 vtec is possible its just more work from what ive been told

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
I live vicariously through my wife's, "not your bloody project car", daily driver at the moment. With the ranger done, it was either mod that, or the lawn mower. I'm still not sure if she doesn't notice (other than the obvious bits), or she just plays dumb. I accidently vented the BOV the other night and she didn't say a thing, so she has to know lol.

Either way, I'll keep her (wife).

In the last 6 weeks it's received new brakes, wheels, diffuser, Panamerican front grille, intake, BOV, badging (more to come in gloss black), dash/console trim kit, shifter paddles, steering wheel re-trim (my first attempt) and more I can't even remember.

Pretty happy with how the interior turned out, it looks about ten years more modern now. Outside still looks modern IMHO too.

Also played with engineering mode and activated Sports+ mode, which makes it just enough fun on a twisty road now.

Also have a Turbo Muffler Delete, front lip and more on order, I've stopped looking at bank statements.

I'm still trying to wrangle an exhaust lol, she reached the limit on the weekend and said enough is enough. But then she chuckled, when I said I was going to lower it, so it's all fair game.

Oh, and I promised a new touchscreen setup with car play and whatnot, so that'll be ordered soon also.

And no, it's not an AMG, just her daily CLA200. But buggered if you can't make anything a bit unique and enjoyable. Why be the same as everyone else?

303.jpg

CLA6.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5193.jpg

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Not sure it's a project car but got a '12 Miata PRHT. It was in ok shape when I got it a couple years ago and just refined it with suspension/tires/seats/all LEDs/head unit/steering wheel/gear shift/tint/strut tower brace/aluminum radiator overflow/sport grille/euro side indicators/exhaust/minor tune/dash wrap in black.... geesh... did I say JUST refine? lol I'm not planning on turbo charging/supercharging or dropping in a bigger engine as the oem 2.0L engine and trans are pretty darn tough and it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow... and cheaper lol

Some Pics:

IMG_20200811_073459.jpg

IMG_20200815_065813.jpg

IMG_20200913_123718.jpg

user189737_pic29374_1631454134.jpg

user189737_pic29354_1630780483.jpg

QuiltedFloorMats.jpg

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
High mpg rig.:sunglasses:
20220512_142342.jpg
I had my mind set on buying an Excursion before I ended up with the Ranger. I wanted a diesel (for the longevity) but at the end of the day, realistically, it would've been a diesel grocery getter that I'd occasionally take on the beach. I thought the Ranger made more sense for what I do, and I think I made the right call.......but still, I've always had an eye for them. I should have bought one several years ago when I first thought about one....after all the supply chain bs and vehicle prices shot up, they got pretty crazy expensive. At that point, buying new made even more sense to me.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I had my mind set on buying an Excursion before I ended up with the Ranger. I wanted a diesel (for the longevity) but at the end of the day, realistically, it would've been a diesel grocery getter that I'd occasionally take on the beach. I thought the Ranger made more sense for what I do, and I think I made the right call.......but still, I've always had an eye for them. I should have bought one several years ago when I first thought about one....after all the supply chain bs and vehicle prices shot up, they got pretty crazy expensive. At that point, buying new made even more sense to me.
Recent family life changes are making me consider sell my rig. It's built to the bone!

MMorf

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I am in the middle of a cross country move, but once I am settled I want to start a project car. I want to restore, modify, and lift a Gen 1 Ford Explorer 4 door. I had one back in the 90's and loved it.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
I don't think anyone reads this thread, but anyway.

Another round of mods, including blacking out the roof, new ceramic coating, new wheels, exhaust mods, a new diffuser/lip/side skirt extensions and now the wife's car is pretty much done.

Though may try (fruitlessly I'd imagine) to make it a touch faster. But she's all but called enough to me modding her car constantly. Was good while it lasted.

Just wish I had more to do to the Ranger.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello C,

When I was at Ford Truck Engineering and had a side job of managing Ford Off Road Racing, I sold a new Excursion 4x4, Fully optioned and around $80,000 to our Off Road Hospitality Husband and Wife team for a total out the door price of $1. This was before they built their house here in Green Valley. They had to spec the house garage at 8Ā½' high to fit in the Excursion! Our Vp at that time pushed through this Behemoth Vehicle as a Chevy Suburban killer. Sales were poor and he was fired from Ford for poor judgement and a financial loss to develop the SUV.
Sponsored