Prinsu Roof Rack

Cdveltri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Any updates on your install. Thinking about this rack as well but not interested in any surprises during the install. Thanks!
Yea sorry for the delay, I've been busy for the past few weeks. Ultimately I got the rack installed, but it wasn't without it's challenges. Turns out the instructions I was sent were wrong and the front factory trim holes do not get used to attach the rack. Only the back ones do. CBI sent me some replacement hardware which took a week to arrive. Once I had that, I aligned the rack with the rear factory trim holes, and marked the other 4 holes on each side to drill and install the plus nuts and rivnuts. Not sure why, but 2 of the total 5 holes are called out as riv nuts, and the other 3 plus nuts. Using the supplied hardware to install the plus nuts/riv nuts was a pain and I wouldn't recommend it. Just get the proper installation tool, it's not much money and my install went way smoother once I had it. When I mounted the rack I had an issue where 1 of the riv nuts on each side pulled out when installing the fastener. At this point I really needed the rack installed, so I overnighted some replacement hardware from McMaster rather than wait for CBI again. Not sure if the instructions call out the wrong drill size for the riv nuts, or if it was the wrong grip length but even installing with the proper tool didn't seat them properly so I replaced them with a plus nut. Once I finally got the rack on I have to say I like the way it looks, and feels solid, but if I could do it over again I think I'd spend the extra money and get the rhino rack backbone. After watching the install video for the back bone it seems to me you end up with a much more finished looking product. I'm not thrilled with the fact that the prinsu ends up removing the trim. I was also less than impressed with the customer service I received throughout the whole process. Took multiple emails and calls to finally get in touch with someone who actually knew what they were talking about. The engineer was extremely responsive though once I was in touch with him. Ultimately CBI did nothing to compensate me for the wrong instructions which basically locked me into having to use their product. Anyways, here's some pics of the final build.
IMG_20200623_114130_01.jpg
IMG_20200623_124050.jpg
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey John,
George from the Southeast 5th gen Ranger group on FaceBook has that rack; just installed it this past weekend. If you get out for a drive you'll be able to scope it out in person. Sounds like it was a PITA to install!!!!

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Yea sorry for the delay, I've been busy for the past few weeks. Ultimately I got the rack installed, but it wasn't without it's challenges. Turns out the instructions I was sent were wrong and the front factory trim holes do not get used to attach the rack. Only the back ones do. CBI sent me some replacement hardware which took a week to arrive. Once I had that, I aligned the rack with the rear factory trim holes, and marked the other 4 holes on each side to drill and install the plus nuts and rivnuts. Not sure why, but 2 of the total 5 holes are called out as riv nuts, and the other 3 plus nuts. Using the supplied hardware to install the plus nuts/riv nuts was a pain and I wouldn't recommend it. Just get the proper installation tool, it's not much money and my install went way smoother once I had it. When I mounted the rack I had an issue where 1 of the riv nuts on each side pulled out when installing the fastener. At this point I really needed the rack installed, so I overnighted some replacement hardware from McMaster rather than wait for CBI again. Not sure if the instructions call out the wrong drill size for the riv nuts, or if it was the wrong grip length but even installing with the proper tool didn't seat them properly so I replaced them with a plus nut. Once I finally got the rack on I have to say I like the way it looks, and feels solid, but if I could do it over again I think I'd spend the extra money and get the rhino rack backbone. After watching the install video for the back bone it seems to me you end up with a much more finished looking product. I'm not thrilled with the fact that the prinsu ends up removing the trim. I was also less than impressed with the customer service I received throughout the whole process. Took multiple emails and calls to finally get in touch with someone who actually knew what they were talking about. The engineer was extremely responsive though once I was in touch with him. Ultimately CBI did nothing to compensate me for the wrong instructions which basically locked me into having to use their product. Anyways, here's some pics of the final build.
IMG_20200623_114130_01.jpg
IMG_20200623_124050.jpg
Roofnest Condor?

SoCalT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCrew
Thank you for the update. I think I'll wait for awhile and see if any other options become available.
Thank you for the update. I think I'll wait for awhile and see if any other options become available.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not looking forward to installing mine now. It looks good though.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Seen this on YouTube, not sure if this guy is a member here or not.