RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I know that, but I guess maybe I should have phrased the question differently. How do I know what the invoice price is? All the pricing plans are based on the invoice price, but I don't know how to see that. One dealer I talked to said they wouldn't know the invoice price until the invoice was cut (whatever that means). I'm not looking for EXACT numbers, but wondering what the ballpark discount for X Plan would be. Based on some numbers that have been thrown out, it seems like X Plan is in the neighborhood of a 4% discount?
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I know that, but I guess maybe I should have phrased the question differently. How do I know what the invoice price is? All the pricing plans are based on the invoice price, but I don't know how to see that. One dealer I talked to said they wouldn't know the invoice price until the invoice was cut (whatever that means). I'm not looking for EXACT numbers, but wondering what the ballpark discount for X Plan would be. Based on some numbers that have been thrown out, it seems like X Plan is in the neighborhood of a 4% discount?
Build and option a Ranger on Edmunds and it will show the invoice price for all the options.

https://www.edmunds.com/ford/ranger/2019/options/?legacy=true

Also the Costco Auto Program lists invoice as well: https://www.costcoauto.com

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Build and option a Ranger on Edmunds and it will show the invoice price for all the options.

https://www.edmunds.com/ford/ranger/2019/options/?legacy=true

Also the Costco Auto Program lists invoice as well: https://www.costcoauto.com
Thank you - that info was very helpful. Interestingly enough, the Edmunds invoice price differs from the Costco price. The Edmunds invoice price has an "advertising fee" added to the invoice, which makes it almost as much as the MSRP is. I'm guessing these invoice prices must be estimations since they don't match. But it does give me a good idea of what the invoice might be.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you - that info was very helpful. Interestingly enough, the Edmunds invoice price differs from the Costco price. The Edmunds invoice price has an "advertising fee" added to the invoice, which makes it almost as much as the MSRP is. I'm guessing these invoice prices must be estimations since they don't match. But it does give me a good idea of what the invoice might be.
Yes 2 data points are good. I calculated my X Plan price using the Costco invoice, and I was pleasantly surprised when my dealer gave me the true X Plan price below my estimate!

When in doubt ask the dealer to give you a true X Plan quote.

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
Thanks guys. I'll check out that MCA link.
Its crazy, ive been to 3 dealers already one said MSRP is all they can do, another offered the $750 rebate (but thats not the dealer discounting, thats a rebate) and the other told me to come back end of November! Never heard of a salesman turning down business.

i went to sayville ford and i was quoted at just over invoice, but i think im going to lease. which dships have you been in contact with? i would try sayville and riverhead if you are in suffolk

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
I have a question - how do you know what the different pricing levels are? I was told the dealers won't know that until the invoice was cut? Is there a way to see what the X Plan price is for a particular build? Or is there a general % discount to get a general idea of what the X Plan price would be?
I was able to determine it from the order printouts handed to me by several Ford dealers that I requested bids from. They were very upfront. While true invoice is unknown at this time, the dealers have enough information to sell you a truck at a reasonable price. I personally would walk away from full MSRP. I've had plenty of dealers willing to come down. I've attached one of the bids showing you the pricing on the different plans.

Park Cities Ford Bid.png

Attachments

AirForceGuy

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FCA
I managed to get get my ranger for $41,449.00 with an MSRP of $44,685.00

Just negotiated between several dealers to secure the price and place my order.
I’m looking at the identical ranger build (but in the correct color), so I’ll see what my local Ford guy can do. I have Costco and XPlan (not sure which one is best in this case). USAA isn’t pricing them yet.

Reactions: kep

Caliranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Just picked up my 2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4 yesterday fully loaded for $450 over invoice minus $750.00 Rebate $43252.00 from the Ford Store in Morgan Hill California. Here is the awesome thing about this dealer, I had pre-ordered my Ranger back in August and is scheduled to be delivered on January 30th however, the dealer got an exact truck yesterday and offered it to me rather than waiting for my order to show up how. I. Give David a call 408 728 8201 he will take care of you and if you want to skip the wait my pre-order (vin
1FTER4FH0KLA04034) that is scheduled to be delivered on the 30th may be up for grabs if you call soon.

20190117_101034.jpg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my 2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4 yesterday fully loaded for $450 over invoice minus $750.00 Rebate $43252.00 from the Ford Store in Morgan Hill California. Here is the awesome thing about this dealer, I had pre-ordered my Ranger back in August and is scheduled to be delivered on January 30th however, the dealer got an exact truck yesterday and offered it to me rather than waiting for my order to show up how. I. Give David a call 408 728 8201 he will take care of you and if you want to skip the wait my pre-order (vin
1FTER4FH0KLA04034) that is scheduled to be delivered on the 30th may be up for grabs if you call soon.

20190117_101034.jpg
Awesome! Don't forget to add yourself here: 2019+ Ford Ranger Delivered / R5G Owners List

I assume it's this Magnetic one:

Sponsored