DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
in your Lariat 500A, have you received any warnings from the Pre-collision assist feature?
No I have not received any warnings from the Ranger. I have also wondered if it is operating properly because it hasn't gone off. My Garmin dash cam collision warning has gone off but that is more sensitive and annoying.
Sponsored

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Mine went off yesterday. Some jerk stop on highway in front of me, I saw and heard the warning I moved to the shoulder while stopping and he swerved in front of me again and almost forced me off the road.... was to busy to pay close attention... my cruse was not on at the time. So mine worked, but I was very close before it went off

Samurai0tx

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I was in traffic yesterday and some guy cut me off, as I was putting the binders to it the Ranger started beeping. (I said you tell em Ranger) so I am pretty sure it works.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I started questioning this issue in earlier posts. I am in belief that all Rangers do indeed have the pre collision on them.....but there are two totally different systems between them, or actually any Ford vehicle that has, or does not have adaptive cruise control. I say this because I have a 2017 Explorer with adaptive cruise on it and it activates exactly like posts in this forum states theirs does with adaptive cruise. It works exactly as one would expect.

Then there are posts such as Deckburners, and others, where the pre collision is questioned because it works/reacts/activates totally different, if at all. Personally I'm trying to determine if a pattern is developing within this forum regarding I have adaptive cruise, or I don't have adaptive cruise.

I have yet to talk to the dealer because I'm watching this forum very close trying to determine if it is in fact an I have adaptive cruise and my pre collision works as expected, or I do not have adaptive cruise and my pre collision does not work as expected. Luckily I have another vehicle with adaptive cruise and pre collision so I know how it should work.

What would really help, at least with my fact gathering would be when someone writes a post about this subject please state if your Ranger has adaptive cruise, or not. Thanks all.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I started questioning this issue in earlier posts. I am in belief that all Rangers do indeed have the pre collision on them.....but there are two totally different systems between them, or actually any Ford vehicle that has, or does not have adaptive cruise control. I say this because I have a 2017 Explorer with adaptive cruise on it and it activates exactly like posts in this forum states theirs does with adaptive cruise. It works exactly as one would expect.

Then there are posts such as Deckburners, and others, where the pre collision is questioned because it works/reacts/activates totally different, if at all. Personally I'm trying to determine if a pattern is developing within this forum regarding I have adaptive cruise, or I don't have adaptive cruise.

I have yet to talk to the dealer because I'm watching this forum very close trying to determine if it is in fact an I have adaptive cruise and my pre collision works as expected, or I do not have adaptive cruise and my pre collision does not work as expected. Luckily I have another vehicle with adaptive cruise and pre collision so I know how it should work.

What would really help, at least with my fact gathering would be when someone writes a post about this subject please state if your Ranger has adaptive cruise, or not. Thanks all.
Thanks for posting. I am curious as well. I checked MSG W's garage and in one photo can see the radar unit so I am assuming he has adaptive cruise control @MSG W please feel free to confirm. I looked at pictures Samurai0tx posted and can't tell. @Samurai0tx can you tell use if you have adaptive cruise control or not?

Samurai0tx

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thanks for posting. I am curious as well. I checked MSG W's garage and in one photo can see the radar unit so I am assuming he has adaptive cruise control @MSG W please feel free to confirm. I looked at pictures Samurai0tx posted and can't tell. @Samurai0tx can you tell use if you have adaptive cruise control or not?
@DrSafety I have an XL and it is just bare bones. It only have Automatic emergency braking, no adaptive cruise control.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DrSafety I have an XL and it is just bare bones. It only have Automatic emergency braking, no adaptive cruise control.
Thanks for the information it is helpful. You might not have noticed based on what was happening but was there a visual alert in addition to the audible alert you described?

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I was approaching the outskirts of Atlanta, GA on I75 in my Explorer with traffic flowing around 70/75 mph. All lanes were full of traffic when I came around a curve and traffic had slowed way down. The adaptive cruise was on. Not only did the adaptive cruise start slowing me down but the pre collision kicked in, slowing me really fast, but well within a safe distance to the lanes of cars in front of me. After the smoke settled meaning it not only startled the you know what out of me but my wife was reading a book so not seeing it coming, well you can guess the language coming from her mouth.

As I stated, at the moment everything activated I though I was quite a ways back from the slowed traffic. So much so I thought for sure if the vehicle behind me didn't have pre collision it was going to rear end me. The whole event happened in seconds.

Other times on the Explorer when the pre collision has activated, whether visual or audible, never again has the braking applied as it did in Atlanta, I did not have the cruise control on.

So the Explorer has the adaptive cruise radar below the grill, and a front camera in the grill. My Ranger has no adaptive cruise in the front, and a camera on the windshield. I still thinking that adaptive radar makes the pre collision act differently. I could be wrong? Even if I am correct and indeed this is the case, then what. If those of us that do not have adaptive cruise then have a kinda modified version of pre collision that works entirely different? I keep saying to myself, no. But in the back of my mind being on this site since Aug 18 there sure has been some strange discoveries with these Rangers. Maybe we just hit on another one?

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the information it is helpful. You might not have noticed based on what was happening but was there a visual alert in addition to the audible alert you described?
I also have an XL STX with the 101A package. The visual & audio alert definitely work, I KNOW, not sure of braking as I was already hitting as the alarm sounded. It has 3 sensitivity settings. I have mine set on High which is the most sensitive, gives the earliest warning.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was approaching the outskirts of Atlanta, GA on I75 in my Explorer with traffic flowing around 70/75 mph. All lanes were full of traffic when I came around a curve and traffic had slowed way down. The adaptive cruise was on. Not only did the adaptive cruise start slowing me down but the pre collision kicked in, slowing me really fast, but well within a safe distance to the lanes of cars in front of me. After the smoke settled meaning it not only startled the you know what out of me but my wife was reading a book so not seeing it coming, well you can guess the language coming from her mouth.

As I stated, at the moment everything activated I though I was quite a ways back from the slowed traffic. So much so I thought for sure if the vehicle behind me didn't have pre collision it was going to rear end me. The whole event happened in seconds.

Other times on the Explorer when the pre collision has activated, whether visual or audible, never again has the braking applied as it did in Atlanta, I did not have the cruise control on.

So the Explorer has the adaptive cruise radar below the grill, and a front camera in the grill. My Ranger has no adaptive cruise in the front, and a camera on the windshield. I still thinking that adaptive radar makes the pre collision act differently. I could be wrong? Even if I am correct and indeed this is the case, then what. If those of us that do not have adaptive cruise then have a kinda modified version of pre collision that works entirely different? I keep saying to myself, no. But in the back of my mind being on this site since Aug 18 there sure has been some strange discoveries with these Rangers. Maybe we just hit on another one?
I agree I am having a hard time determining how the vision system is working without the radar unit.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also have an XL STX with the 101A package. The visual & audio alert definitely work, I KNOW, not sure of braking as I was already hitting as the alarm sounded. It has 3 sensitivity settings. I have mine set on High which is the most sensitive, gives the earliest warning.
Thanks, for the confirmation of visual and audible. It appears to work as designed. I adjusted the sensitivity to high as well. But haven't been in any close calls since that time. I am also being more cautious with the new Ranger. Maybe babying it in traffic is the reason I haven't had it go off. I have to drive less like a grandpa (although I am one) and more like a careless jerk :D.

Samurai0tx

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
yes the Red LED's on top of the dash did light up.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, for the confirmation of visual and audible. It appears to work as designed. I adjusted the sensitivity to high as well. But haven't been in any close calls since that time. I am also being more cautious with the new Ranger. Maybe babying it in traffic is the reason I haven't had it go off. I have to drive less like a grandpa (although I am one) and more like a careless jerk :D.
Dave, do not think that I think you made an accusation I see your smiley face. Like you I drive more like a grandpa, sometime, even though I am not, the rest of the time there is enough careless jerks down here to make up for the rest of us nice guy's.:clap:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I see the red lights on the dash near the windshield light up when starting the eng. I assume that that is a test to prove that the system works. This is the problem with first run vehicles. In my experience it takes a few years to get most of the bugs out. Being old school I dont count on the new stuff to save me. :angel:

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Imh
i have every option I could get so I have adaptive cruse on my Lariat
Sponsored