Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
aZmsPKU.jpg

I bought my truck 6 days ago and got it out on the trails this morning. It handled great on the stock Dynapro tires at 22 PSI.

Wait, were you at Hidden Falls? Did we pass each other?
Haha dude we did! We waved and I think you said nice truck. I got mine about a week and a half ago, did the RC 2.5'' leveling kit and the Wildpeak AT3Ws. I didn't air down though, kept them at 35PSI. Which trails did you do? We ended up on a couple that I wasn't quite ready for, but the Ranger powered through it like a champ and I didn't break anything.

aschm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCab
Haha dude we did! We waved and I think you said nice truck. I got mine about a week and a half ago, did the RC 2.5'' leveling kit and the Wildpeak AT3Ws. I didn't air down though, kept them at 35PSI. Which trails did you do? We ended up on a couple that I wasn't quite ready for, but the Ranger powered through it like a champ and I didn't break anything.
Crazy, what a small world!

We took Park Road 1 + 3 up to the top of Wildcat mountain, then back down and went over to North Pole to Park Road 2 and out. I'm definitely going to have to go back, I feel like I barely saw the park!

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Crazy, what a small world!

We took Park Road 1 + 3 up to the top of Wildcat mountain, then back down and went over to North Pole to Park Road 2 and out. I'm definitely going to have to go back, I feel like I barely saw the park!
I know what you mean. We did Park Road 2 up to Baby Back, cut over through Hog Alley, back up to Boss Hog, then took PR 2 to PR 3, back to 1 and then out. We were there about an hour and a half. Lots of fun.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Just checked the manual and didn't find a "service 4X4" light mentioned in it. What did it look like?

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just checked the manual and didn't find a "service 4X4" light mentioned in it. What did it look like?
It was a wrench and the little info thing said check 4x4. I used Forscan and pulled the code - P1870 mechanical transfer case 4x4 switch circuit failure.

I’m wondering if it didn’t just get wet or jostled loose and everything is fine now...

Deleted member 1634

Man, looking at all these cool places and things you guys are doing with your Rangers makes me really want to get out more! If only I had more time and less responsibilities. haha

Keep doing what you're doing and I'll live vicariously through all of you until I can start getting out more on my own! Although with winter already beginning, we'll see how much snow trail driving I want to attempt.

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Man, looking at all these cool places and things you guys are doing with your Rangers makes me really want to get out more! If only I had more time and less responsibilities. haha

Keep doing what you're doing and I'll live vicariously through all of you until I can start getting out more on my own! Although with winter already beginning, we'll see how much snow trail driving I want to attempt.
I’d like to get out more and actually really test the truck on some harder trails but I’m too scared to get a dent or scratch lol. Some of these guys are going hard out there.

Deleted member 1634

I’d like to get out more and actually really test the truck on some harder trails but I’m too scared to get a dent or scratch lol. Some of these guys are going hard out there.
Yeah, I'm definitely not planning on going as hard as some of these guys, just some bouncing around on forest roads, old logging roads, and two-tracking will be sufficient for me for awhile. Eventually I'd like to do something like the Trans-America Trail, Dempster Highway, and Continental Divide Trail eventually. But those also require some time and a little planning.

Always a lot of cool things on the list, just whether or not I get around to them anytime soon or not.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a friend who's newer Tacoma is all dented and scratched up. It would make you sick to look at a brand new truck and see this but he just doesn't care. Rear bumper is caved in,back qtr had a huge dent and both sides and completely scratched!:facepalm:

I wasn't to nervous about getting a dent but there were a few very tight brush areas on our last ride. I had to get out several times to clear some of the overhanging ones otherwise my sides would've been badly scratched. I usually have some clippers and a band saw in when I'm going off roading just in case but forgot them this time.

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend who's newer Tacoma is all dented and scratched up. It would make you sick to look at a brand new truck and see this but he just doesn't care. Rear bumper is caved in,back qtr had a huge dent and both sides and completely scratched!:facepalm:

I wasn't to nervous about getting a dent but there were a few very tight brush areas on our last ride. I had to get out several times to clear some of the overhanging ones otherwise my sides would've been badly scratched. I usually have some clippers and a band saw in when I'm going off roading just in case but forgot them this time.
yeah I care about my vehicles too much to do that to them (other than my XJ lol) but I have a dewalt 20v chainsaw that I throw in the back just in case I need to get some branches or brush out of the way :devil:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
yeah I care about my vehicles too much to do that to them (other than my XJ lol) but I have a dewalt 20v chainsaw that I throw in the back just in case I need to get some branches or brush out of the way :devil:
I’m the same way, can’t stand dents and scratches... or dirt. When the time comes to get it dirty I’d have to bring it home right after and wash it! I also have the same chainsaw. Lol