Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
took the ranger on a pretty rough trail last friday, and it did pretty damn good! the long wheel base compared to my old trooper certainly made it a little tricky in a few areas but overall I'm very impressed. only managed to get a couple pictures, but I have a ton of video I'll throw together at some point, also threw a 360 cam on for the end portion of this trail, from Red Cone peak along the ridge and the several steep descents down.

IMG_20190914_165453_588.jpg
IMG_20190916_123519_108.jpg

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
took the ranger on a pretty rough trail last friday, and it did pretty damn good! the long wheel base compared to my old trooper certainly made it a little tricky in a few areas but overall I'm very impressed. only managed to get a couple pictures, but I have a ton of video I'll throw together at some point, also threw a 360 cam on for the end portion of this trail, from Red Cone peak along the ridge and the several steep descents down.

IMG_20190914_165453_588.jpg
IMG_20190916_123519_108.jpg

Very impressive, @RoadBoss. I've just watched several videos of the traverse of Red Cone Pass and the decent looks like a pucker factor of 10/10. How did the Ranger handle it? I'm setting up my Rnager for a month-long overland trip to Utah/Colorado next summer. Can't wait.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Nice pictures, Andy, and great post. How do you like the taller Nitto Ridge Grapplers?
It has been a really good tire so far. Haven’t experienced any lack of grip or wishing I had more than it provided. They have been on slippery river beds, sand, snow, mud, loose granite, and sharp rock trails without any let downs. Very impressive tire!

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
It has been a really good tire so far. Haven’t experienced any lack of grip or wishing I had more than it provided. They have been on slippery river beds, sand, snow, mud, loose granite, and sharp rock trails without any let downs. Very impressive tire!
Thanks Andy. I've narrowed my choice down to the Nittos or BFG KO2.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Have you considered the Falken Wildpeaks? I swapped those tires on for my truck and I'm incredibly happy with them. They provide the best value imo.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I was down to the same two choices and went with the Nittos. After a few messages with @Andy I did the same set up and could not be happier.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Very impressive, @RoadBoss. I've just watched several videos of the traverse of Red Cone Pass and the decent looks like a pucker factor of 10/10. How did the Ranger handle it? I'm setting up my Rnager for a month-long overland trip to Utah/Colorado next summer. Can't wait.
It's a little intimidating, but not terrible, especially after some of the other obstacles you face on the way up. You just have to take your time and go really slow. The ranger did great though, the low gearing really helps in controlling your speed downhill without relying too much on the brakes

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So far, this is as close to off road I’ve done. Taken on the road to my hometown of Winnie Texas after this last storm.

BBE1306A-1299-492D-97C8-38C9F3242558.jpeg
Hi Brandon,

Have friends in Sugarland...they are on a cruise now Yikes! Did you see an Ark on the horizon and a line up of two by two animals?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is about as much off road I do .....

rangerlevel.jpg

rangerleve2l.jpg

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi Brandon,

Have friends in Sugarland...they are on a cruise now Yikes! Did you see an Ark on the horizon and a line up of two by two animals?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I actually live in Sugar Land, small world (big state)

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I actually live in Sugar Land, small world (big state)
I visited there about 9 years ago... beautiful place! I remember visiting a fancy mall with some sort water going through it?

I don’t have anything else to add to this thread, my truck hasn’t left pavement yet!

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
I visited there about 9 years ago... beautiful place! I remember visiting a fancy mall with some sort water going through it?

I don’t have anything else to add to this thread, my truck hasn’t left pavement yet!
Me either...I have not missed the driveway and drove across the lawn yet.

But....I got my FX4 package for future capability. I have big ambitions....
Sponsored