Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I am writing this looking for any idea on how to fix my issue.

While installing my damper I noticed one of the threads in the tailgate was off center. I figured it would be fine since that’s how it was shipped from the factory, but once I threaded the new screw in, the thread broke free from the inside of the tailgate.

Any idea on how I could remedy this situation? (The free spinning bolt issue that is) right now I can neither tighten or
remove the screw. If I do remove the screw then I’ll have a rattle from the thread falling into the tailgate.

Thankfully the tailgate and damper function anyway, but I want everything to be normal
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I am writing this looking for any idea on how to fix my issue.

While installing my damper I noticed one of the threads in the tailgate was off center. I figured it would be fine since that’s how it was shipped from the factory, but once I threaded the new screw in, the thread broke free from the inside of the tailgate.

Any idea on how I could remedy this situation? (The free spinning bolt issue that is) right now I can neither tighten or
remove the screw. If I do remove the screw then I’ll have a rattle from the thread falling into the tailgate.

Thankfully the tailgate and damper function anyway, but I want everything to be normal
That sucks Chris.

Do you have a magnet you can place against the bolt while you back it out? It might keep the loose threaded part from falling into the tailgate. Just a thought, but I think @AzScorpion should come to your rescue on this one.

Best of luck.