Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From last summer at El Mirage. As a ginger, finding the only shade for 20 miles or so was critical for my survival.

I prefer the cropped black and white.

55.jpg

22.jpg
Hi KTM,

As a kid at George Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert, where my dad was stationed, I hated those Joshua Trees....Kite killers they were! :LOL:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi KTM,

As a kid at George Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert, where my dad was stationed, I hated those Joshua Trees....Kite killers they were! :LOL:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I bet they were! They're sharp too so I can see why you hated them. lol I just had mine planted last February,found it from a small nursery up near Havasu. They're very hard to find and when you can find them they're very expensive. Nice thing about them is there's no maintenance and they only grow about 1" per year. I'll be long gone before mines a kite killer. :giggle:

IMG_1841.jpg

Last edited:

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Man, for some of these photos I don't need a "like" button but a "love" button instead. There's some beautiful stuff out there! Love it, keep it coming! :like:

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hi KTM,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yeah, I'm not really a desert person. Joshua trees aren't too inviting. But in SoCal that's a good 75% of the areas to ride.

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
These aren't necessarily great photos, but they were taken last weekend. If anyone knows the OC, then they know we don't really see snow too often. Well, 2 weeks after a nice storm, there was still a bit of snow left on top of Saddleback. I couldn't resist playing in it. Sadly, I did not buy the 4x4 so there will be no upcoming pics of the Ranger parked next to the antennas.

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These aren't necessarily great photos, but they were taken last weekend. If anyone knows the OC, then they know we don't really see snow too often. Well, 2 weeks after a nice storm, there was still a bit of snow left on top of Saddleback. I couldn't resist playing in it. Sadly, I did not buy the 4x4 so there will be no upcoming pics of the Ranger parked next to the antennas.

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg
For a second I thought you were up in Flagstaff. There's a place just like that here called Eden Peak with all the radio towers that overlooks downtown Flagstaff.

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG
IMG_3030.JPG

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
For a second I thought you were up in Flagstaff. There's a place just like that here called Eden Peak with all the radio towers that overlooks downtown Flagstaff.

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG
IMG_3030.JPG
Yes, definitely similar. But at 9300 ft elevation it prolly sees much more snow. At 5500 ft, Saddleback may see considerable snow 2 twice a year at best. At only 25ish miles from the ocean, it's a nice surprise when it happens. Thankfully these towers need maintenance...gives us more trails to ride.

Last edited:

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift
awsome, if I may ask, what kind of equipment are you using?
This was taken Sony A9 with the Sone Fe 100-400mm GM lens. I have the 200-600mm also to get a bit closer and the image below was taken with the 200-600 and a 1.4X multiplier. So its 840mm total.

Jan 14.jpg

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg
What a great view from that area.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Went to Mendocino, CA for the long weekend.
Hi OD,

Avenue of the Giants? Been through there a many times....just fabulous stretch of road.

A bit of a personal back story,

Wife and I decided to visit the San Diego area and got a 2 week spot in a very nice RV Park in Chula Vista, As we were leaving the next day after the 2 week stay, Wife says Where To? I pondered this a bit and said...Lets drive Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) until it ends. So we embarked on a journey on PCH from the California/Mexico boarder to the end of PCH into Highway 101 in way Northern California. Okay...now we are 65 ft long in the RV, towing our little Ranger. We are not the only ones to try this, but what an adventure..hairpin after hairpin for several days, and the coach got dinged on the right rocker panes when I dropped the right side dualies off the road one very tight turn... Many places we had to pull off to let faster traffic by... The scenery was over the top...and being up high with a 8x4 foot panoramic window high over the auto traffic...Wow! I have to say that North of San Francisco was more spectacular than Big Sur! We ended up in Le Push Washington, the most Northwest place in the Lower 48 states. An RV Trip of a life time...Took me several days of working to bring the rocker panel back to shape, but worth the memories.

Do it again? Absolutely Not! Whew!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored