First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Actually they're better. Maybe it's the thin altitude air in Colorado but when I checked stock to the Auxito, the Auxito are much better. Even in the snow, which we get a lot of!
In clear daylight you are doing no good for trying to prove your point. Try driving in a snow storm with such a high color temp light

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Be careful, he will beat you to death with a soapbox :) Here is a photo of my 1:1 'drop in's' correctly adjusted, how much "scatter" do you see?
IMG_4281D.JPG
Only up close to a wall huh? How about you give more distance and you will see the scatter effect. And that light is terrible in snow.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Only up close to a wall huh? How about you give more distance and you will see the scatter effect. And that light is terrible in snow.
Not close, 25' and a height line of 42", as required, a perfect clean line. This is how you are supposed to adjust your headlights after a suspension change in case you didn't know.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
In clear daylight you are doing no good for trying to prove your point. Try driving in a snow storm with such a high color temp light
Dude, it's my truck, I paid for it and I like the LED bulbs I added because they simply are better. I've driven in many snowstorms, perhaps you need to look at a map and see where the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is and realize that we get a shitload of snow so I know WTH I'm talking about.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dude, it's my truck, I paid for it and I like the LED bulbs I added because they simply are better. I've driven in many snowstorms, perhaps you need to look at a map and see where the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is and realize that we get a shitload of snow so I know WTH I'm talking about.
I love the UP, my wife is from Flint (I know) and we used to go up all the time, in summer!, and you're so right about the snow!!

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
What LED lights did you install Jesse?

Scott

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I love the UP, my wife is from Flint (I know) and we used to go up all the time, in summer!, and you're so right about the snow!!
Just drove through Flint last week. My daughter is in grad school at Eastern.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amd you think I dont know? I'm well aware of the U.P. and how much snow you get. Its different than Colorado Rockie snow storms. Wich is worse? Hard to say as they both have different characteristics. Regardless it has already been proven that any light(led or not) that is higher than 4000k color temp(your Auxito lights are above 6000k BTW) reflect right off the snow(and fog and rain). Like it or not they are not as superior as you want to believe. Not to mention that they are not DOT approved and you can get a hefty fine if the county officials decide to have thier fun.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just drove through Flint last week. My daughter is in grad school at Eastern.
Congrats, a good school, actually she lived in Grand Blanc but nobody knows where that is, a little better than Flint proper. I hope you kept your doors locked as you went through :)

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Amd you think I dont know? I'm well aware of the U.P. and how much snow you get. Its different than Colorado Rockie snow storms. Wich is worse? Hard to say as they both have different characteristics. Regardless it has already been proven that any light(led or not) that is higher than 4000k color temp(your Auxito lights are above 6000k BTW) reflect right off the snow(and fog and rain). Like it or not they are not as superior as you want to believe. Not to mention that they are not DOT approved and you can get a hefty fine if the county officials decide to have thier fun.
Not to worried about it, the Sheriff is one of my best friends. Are your rain storms different too or just the snow storms? ?

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, and you can replace them every 6 months as they burn out. I switched to the Auxito and they light up the road much better than the stock bulbs. The main issue with LED lights is people buy too many lumens, which you are correct in saying they overpower the housing. If you go with 12,000 lumens or less you will be okay.

I know you're not a fan Frenchy but my eyes do not deceive me, the LEDs are better and everybody at my work noticed a difference. People just need to realize that more lumens is not necessarily better.
That's what I chose the 12,000 lumens. It was the middle bulb & plenty bright for me.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
All this talk about LED causing excessive glare. ?

Honestly LED's while brighter and whiter in color are not anywhere near as bad with glare production in reflector housings as HID's were/are. Just a few short years ago it seemed that every third car down here in Houston had HID's in both the headlights and fog lights. Let me tell you it was horrific trying to drive at night. They would spray so much light out that it was nigh impossible to see in some cases as they passed by. Gods forbid they were behind you... Now with LED's taking over in popularity the glare issue is all but a thing of the past. Even for me with fuchs dystrophy that causes even more glare from every light source. Yeah sure they are bright and whither in color, but the vast majority of quality LED's do a rather surprisingly good job at producing the same beam array from reflectors as halogens. The end result is far less glare towards oncoming traffic than HID's.

Is it more than halogens? Yeah, but nothing like those idiots with HID's or their brights on ALL the time.
Sponsored