Vaughan Customs

Vaughan Customs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 1967 Mercury Cougar
Same! I was blown away (heh) when I opened the hood and saw that Ford had used a clutch fan. I'm sure it was probably cheaper, but they could have likely improved the fuel mileage even more if the engine wasn't having to spin that massive parasitic load all the time.
Well the truck we have is the Euro truck at the end of the day but yeah really surprised that they went with a mechanical fan. Wonder if a electric fan kit may come out in the future. That being said the Tacoma, and 4 runner also have mechanical fans.
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Well the truck we have is the Euro truck at the end of the day but yeah really surprised that they went with a mechanical fan. Wonder if a electric fan kit may come out in the future. That being said the Tacoma, and 4 runner also have mechanical fans.
After I made my post I was reading another similar thread. I guess the mechanical fan is better for towing. Also, it has the solenoid so the computer can command the clutch to lock up at any time still to improve cooling or A/C efficiency. I would just rather not listen to the fan blow hurricane force right when the truck starts up.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Not a "mechanical fan". Controlled by ecu with PW modulation.

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
But still clutch driven right? My entire experience with E-fans was almost always less cooling performance then a properly setup clutch fan. Both have pros\cons. But the Ranger's fan seems excessively loud and when you rev\apply load\throttle you can really hear it over the sound of anything else.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yes electronically contolled viscous clutch. Stock fan moves mega air.
I agree it can get loud but kinda sounds cool to me.?

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Was on here for hours the past few days and unable to find the answers I was hoping for. I love building cars/trucks and like to stand out and be different but seems like what I am looking to achieve may not be possible. I have a 2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4. I have a SCT tune, Rough Country leveling kit, 32" tall BFGOODRICH KO2s, Rough Country tow hooks, Go Rhino running boards, led headlights and yellow fogs, emblem overlays, bed rug and so on. The truck with the tune is quick and fun to drive and overall been a great purchase. I think the performance is good but would like to be heard a little bit wether it be turbo or slight exhaust sound. That being said I have heard exhaust clips and so far really do not like the way any of them sound as it is a 4 cylinder turbo in a truck. On my ST before my Ranger I had a catless DP, resonator delete and Cobb intake full stage 3 and custom tunes. On that car worked and sounded pretty good. I saw a thread on a resonator delete and seemed like it made no difference in sound which sucks. I could not find any sound clips of anyone with a DP and stock exhaust and this may be a good choice to get a small amount of sound under throttle but not be annoying and sound like a hot hatch but be in a truck. Intakes look like they offer some turbo noise but pretty much no performance so kind of a waste of money and same as a BOV no gains but just noise for $200. I also think the interior is nice but plain and would like to maybe add gauges or something if anyone has suggestions or photos or sound clips of there trucks would be greatly appreciated.

20200902_185704_HDR.jpg

20200128_135906_HDR.jpg
Delete the muffler and leave the resonator on (either the resonator or muffler must be left on by law). I get great sound.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I put the Ford performance cat back kit on. The tone is perfect. Only one video online with an Orange Ranger. I looked and listened to the other kits.. The ford one has the best sound..it is a Borla made kit.
That is what I have and its made by Borla - I think it sounds as good as any and to me thy all sound pretty much the same. Just got the FPP Tune (love it) but not sure what is next if anything - about $400 -$600 for bigger downpipe, about $450 for the Roush CAI....after that it gets a little serious - intercooler sides tubes (claiming 11/22) then new bigger intercooler w/tubes for about $800. Everything so far I've gotten done under the you don't need that radar....that other stuff would be more of a challenge.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
SPD makes a high quality true 3" system from the down pipe back.
Its something I've been considering because its a true 3" and supposedly one of the more quiet systems. Ive always deleted cats, but a high flow cat may be necessary if we're wanting to keep 4cyl sounds to a minimum and have an exhaust "tone".
I've considered reaching out to them to see if they'd add a third or larger muffler to quiet it down even more.

20200122_114027_IMG_5113.JPG

20200122_114000_IMG_5111.JPG

20200122_113949_IMG_5110.JPG

worfner

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Was on here for hours the past few days and unable to find the answers I was hoping for. I love building cars/trucks and like to stand out and be different but seems like what I am looking to achieve may not be possible. I have a 2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4. I have a SCT tune, Rough Country leveling kit, 32" tall BFGOODRICH KO2s, Rough Country tow hooks, Go Rhino running boards, led headlights and yellow fogs, emblem overlays, bed rug and so on. The truck with the tune is quick and fun to drive and overall been a great purchase. I think the performance is good but would like to be heard a little bit wether it be turbo or slight exhaust sound. That being said I have heard exhaust clips and so far really do not like the way any of them sound as it is a 4 cylinder turbo in a truck. On my ST before my Ranger I had a catless DP, resonator delete and Cobb intake full stage 3 and custom tunes. On that car worked and sounded pretty good. I saw a thread on a resonator delete and seemed like it made no difference in sound which sucks. I could not find any sound clips of anyone with a DP and stock exhaust and this may be a good choice to get a small amount of sound under throttle but not be annoying and sound like a hot hatch but be in a truck. Intakes look like they offer some turbo noise but pretty much no performance so kind of a waste of money and same as a BOV no gains but just noise for $200. I also think the interior is nice but plain and would like to maybe add gauges or something if anyone has suggestions or photos or sound clips of there trucks would be greatly appreciated.

20200902_185704_HDR.jpg

20200128_135906_HDR.jpg
Look into a Roush cat back exhaust system, it sounds great on mine!

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase

20200902_185704_HDR.jpg

20200128_135906_HDR.jpg
I did a muffler delete leaving the resonator in place with a downturn after that since I didn't like the look of the tailpipe exit. Sounds great and performs better and only $65 at the muffler shop since it needed only a straight pipe to replace the muffler.
Sponsored