Passenger Side Wheel Binding?

slayermd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
While installing some 5100s, the passenger side wheel spins freely, then gets binded up and stops after a few rotations. This happens when I spin it in both directions. The driver side doesn't do this.

I'm not sure what's stuck. Did the cv shaft get backed out some, I can't really tell.
Sponsored

OP
OP
slayermd

slayermd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
After really taking a look, it's the CV binding up causing the wheel to stop spinning. It's shot, so I'll get it replaced.

Thanks for the reply, tho, I think I just had a moment of slight panic haha.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
After really taking a look, it's the CV binding up causing the wheel to stop spinning. It's shot, so I'll get it replaced.

Thanks for the reply, tho, I think I just had a moment of slight panic haha.
You have it leveled in front?

I've been seeing way too many threads about cv shafts failing on these rangers...

OP
OP
slayermd

slayermd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

I've been seeing way too many threads about cv shafts failing on these rangers...
I did have the RC 2.5 kit installed before.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT

They’re not “failing”. They”re getting damaged during installation of suspension parts. Almost exclusively by DIY’ers from what I’ve read.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
They’re not “failing”. They”re getting damaged during installation of suspension parts. Almost exclusively by DIY’ers from what I’ve read.
You do know who installs stuff at shops and dealerships don’t you? DIYers who decided to fill out an app. And get paid to do it everyday..

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
You do know who installs stuff at shops and dealerships don’t you? DIYers who decided to fill out an app. And get paid to do it everyday..
Sometimes, but but not usually. I don’t recall a thread here about a shop separating a CV. I’m sure it’s happened, but I don’t recall reading it. I applaud DIY’ers and Im a big one myself. But, I know when I’m out of my lane.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes, but but not usually. I don’t recall a thread here about a shop separating a CV. I’m sure it’s happened, but I don’t recall reading it. I applaud DIY’ers and Im a big one myself. But, I know when I’m out of my lane.
So shop techs just walk in to a shop or dealership off the street and start to work? No man they been working on their own stuff for years, it’s why they become techs. I’m positive some CVS have been unintentionally separated by a tech, but the customer will never hear about it.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Lol, I literally had no intent on blaming DIYers or shop techs. Meant "failing" as a broad term Whether by defect or aftermarket modifications.
Sponsored