Will upgrading my UCA's reduce the side to side twisting motion felt in my truck?

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I upgraded to Fox 2.0 yet there are times when there is still too much side-to-side rolling going on when hitting a bump wrong. Will upgrading UCA's reduce this motion or should I be looking into stiffer shocks?
Sponsored

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Multi leaf rear springs have a good dampening effect on that and a rear sway bay will also help.
Shocks will help, but the rear springs are the majority of the problem in my opinion.

I went with the Hellwig rear sway bar, it really improved the feel of the truck.
https://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/search-by-vehicle/?Year1=2021&Make=Ford&Model=Ranger
I've been interested in a rear swaybar. I don't go off-road at all. Just deal mainly with streets and highway driving.
I got the Bilsteins all around and they're a great improvement over the stockers
Still wish for a more stable ride, especially in the back, going into curves on the highway and such.
Not knocking the Hellwig, I'm sure it's a quality product, but I wish some other company would make a kit that's less expensive.
Who knows, I might pull the trigger on the Hellwig in the near future if I got the cash to spend

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
The Hellwig is the only bar I found for the Ranger, works well, but the mounting brackets for the frame are only just okay, either way, the driving difference is huge, one of the guys here told me to just set it on the hardest setting and he was right.

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The Hellwig is the only bar I found for the Ranger, works well, but the mounting brackets for the frame are only just okay, either way, the driving difference is huge, one of the guys here told me to just set it on the hardest setting and he was right.
Exactly. For a Non-off roader I would do the same. These Rangers are a Blast to drive. Keeping the ass planted on curves and turns would be Icing on the cake. ?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I honestly doubt that the upper control arms will make a difference for that. Most of the rolling and bouncing we all felt from the Ranger came from the shocks primarily. Yes the springs can affect this too but depending on the route you do will depend on what parts get changed. Even with the Fox kit you should be set.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I have Icon uca along with Eibach pro truck coilover/eztended shocks. The uca difinitely make the suspension work better and smoother hitting bumps and articulation. The Eibachs did more to eliminate body roll and brake dive. Very happy with my setup although may look at multileafs for the rear in the future instead of 1" lift blocks.
My truck has allot less body roll than stock and overall handles pretty well for a lifted truck with 32s.
Sponsored

Last edited: