First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
I took my truck to Chicago this past weekend and had the first occasion to park on city streets. I admit to being spoiled with a Ford Explorer and a BMW that park themselves. But before I bought them, I parallel parked successfully for 50 plus years. This little truck is a pita to put in a small spot. Even with the backup cam. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I took my truck to Chicago this past weekend and had the first occasion to park on city streets. I admit to being spoiled with a Ford Explorer and a BMW that park themselves. But before I bought them, I parallel parked successfully for 50 plus years. This little truck is a pita to put in a small spot. Even with the backup cam. Just my opinion.
Like you said you're probably just use to the Explorer and the BMW which park themself. I'm sure after a few more times it'll get easier. Kind of like smartphones now. I use to remember everyone's phone number now....forget it! Technology has made it easier for us to become lazy. ?

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
My experience was the opposite. The first time I tried to parallel park my Ranger, and it WAS a reasonably tight space. it went smoothly. The rear camera and the sensors work like a champ and it went in on the first attempt. Of course it helps if you align yourself correctly to the car you are going to pull in behind before you start. Screw up there and you end up jockeying back and forth repeatedly.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I have enough trouble parking straight between two lines in a parking lot. Don't think I will even try parallel parking! :crackup: :turkey:

OP
OP

hodges97

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
I've got sensors. I've got cameras. I've got alarms. I guess I'm old.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Us old farts don't need sensors, we have curb feelers.?
Wow! That's a blast from the past. I can't remember the last time I saw curb feelers on any vehicle.
I will have the check the Pep Boy's web site. Does anyone even sell those any more?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Coming from a 2017 F-150 Crew Cab, the Ranger is stupid easy to parallel park. This is also coming from someone that parks in San Francisco on a regular basis which is one of the most ridiculous places to parallel park outside of maybe NYC.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I have enough trouble parking straight between two lines in a parking lot. Don't think I will even try parallel parking! :crackup: :turkey:
Tracy, you sound like the wife. If her car didn't have a reverse in it, she would never even know. :)

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Had occasion to parallel park mine tonight in the dark. I had no idea where the curb was or how close I was. On my last Lone, I mounted LED fog lights under the bed aimed down and to the side. That helped immensely. :thumbsup:

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Wait, no one here was taught how parallel park using the forward method? It is, IMO, much easier than the backing method. I was taught both in driver’s education 24 years ago. Wow, it’s been 24 years. ?
Sponsored