tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I will try to deal amicably with the dealer with all the information i have collected, and if this not work, i will call a supervisor or manager at Ford Service.

Have a nice day!

Cordially,

Alexandre
Just don't go in Hot! I know its not going to be easy to do but kill them with kindness and good luck to you.

It just sucks that Ford puts us in the position when its clearly a defect! I hope I don't have to go down this road someday.

Keep us posted and good luck to you..
Sponsored

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I never went into the service dept or spoke to anyone inside the dealership.

I drove around to the body shop, went inside and asked for the manager and he was sitting at the desk. Then I said I needed an estimate, can you take a look at it and thats how it went to- This is a paint defect.

Have you tried going straight to the body shop manager? Bypass all the BS’ers inside the dealership. He goes in and deals with them not you.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Hi Chuck,

Yes this really frustating that they don't honor thier manufacturing problem.

Alex
Hi Alex;
Just got a call from my Ford Dealership....The Body Shop Manager confirmed my Ranger Roof WILL be painted & Covered under warranty.....Including a loaner car.....Couldn't be happier but we will see after completion.

OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Alex;
Just got a call from my Ford Dealership....The Body Shop Manager confirmed my Ranger Roof WILL be painted & Covered under warranty.....Including a loaner car.....Couldn't be happier but we will see after completion.
Hi Chuck,

I am glad for you. I hope they will do the same thing for me!

Have a nice day.

Alex

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Manager
I'm having the same issue and not getting any help with it. Started at 3,600 miles with added mud flaps. It's gotten a lot worse. Every body shop I went to said it's a design flaw. And mine is leased!
I wash this truck 2 to 3 times a week! It's happening around the lower rear corners of the back door too! I have 13,000 miles on it and just replaced the tires, so it's got nothing to do with the replacement tires...

TED1.jpg

TED2.jpg

TED3.jpg

TED4.jpg

TED5.jpg

TED6.jpg

TED7.jpg

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like a dealer not being willing to deal with it and work with Ford to get it fixed. We bought a new 2020 Edge for my wife a couple weeks ago. When I went to wax it, I found the flat surfaces (roof and hood) felt like running your hand over sandpaper with little specks on the paint. Service manager looked at it, and said it was industrial contamination likely from sitting in a storage lot. It will go in tomorrow and they will acid wash it to see if that takes it off, and, if not, then it goes to a body shop for buffing. No problem, no argument. That's how dealers should work.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I'm having the same issue and not getting any help with it. Started at 3,600 miles with added mud flaps. It's gotten a lot worse. Every body shop I went to said it's a design flaw. And mine is leased!
I wash this truck 2 to 3 times a week! It's happening around the lower rear corners of the back door too! I have 13,000 miles on it and just replaced the tires, so it's got nothing to do with the replacement tires...

TED1.jpg

TED2.jpg

TED3.jpg

TED4.jpg

TED5.jpg

TED6.jpg

TED7.jpg
How is the paint where the protective film is ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Manager
Zoom in, even if the plastic covered all of it, it would look like crap. Paint is even getting damaged on the cab..

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
https://firstquarterfinance.com/ford-paint-warranty/#:~:text=Short Answer: Ford's new vehicle,corrosion that results in perforation.

I had to take my ranger back to the dealer after buying it new and going to detail it for the first time and finding numerous paint defects on the exterior, in the bed, and in the door jams of the interior.

Took forever to get "approved" by corporate, but it was fixed with no push back.

There is either more to these stories or your dealership is full of crap.
Agree! 100% They Fixed My Roof with NO Hassle

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Mine starting peeling and small chips. Ford did nothing. It’s not cool

D979F6B3-8A88-42E8-8438-A39F6F5A8AF8.jpeg

CA4C4809-B5EE-488E-AF0D-0C06479D38A5.jpeg

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily I don't have that issue but the front bumper is another story. I found a spot under the drivers headlight that wasn't painted or the paint came off when assembling the bumper. I also seem to get a lot of chips and small wite specs all over the front bumper. It seems like the paint quality is not the greatest there.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
How is the paint where the protective film is ?
Damaged..
Here's what I'm thinking. With the installation of the protective film in that area Ford already admits they have a problem. But, their solution isn't effective. Hit the service writer with that, and see what they say.
Sponsored