Paint chipping

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Honestly I feel like everyday I come home from school (since it's all highway travel) I'm finding more chips. The paint on this truck seems so thin and fragile. I also had the truck paint protection applied from the dealer. It's ridiculous if you ask me. My 2006 Ranger right before my trade in had half as may chips at the 2019 that I've only owned since March.
I will keep you updated
Sponsored

Sam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Sport, 4X2
Occupation
Office Manager
I have found on small chip on the driver's side passenger door up high and two chips on the driver's side front fender up high. These are very small, smaller then a BB. Just highway driving so far, no off roading. Tough to get a good picture because of the size and reflection. Anyone else getting these? I had my 2013 F-150 for 6 years and never got any of these chips. Paint seems very thin on these trucks.
I also have the same paint chip issue on both rear passenger doors. I notice this weekend and the chips are in the same exact spot on both rear doors....I thought to myself this seem odd????? Now I see your post maybe there something to this issue?

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
I also have the same paint chip issue on both rear passenger doors. I notice this weekend and the chips are in the same exact spot on both rear doors....I thought to myself this seem odd????? Now I see your post maybe there something to this issue?
Throw some bushwhackers on

7DEC8F6A-A2D2-47C3-AB36-B75F2C852BB0.jpeg

Give er tha gearz

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Stx
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance Manager
I am having concerns of the same issue. I have a 1991 ranger and can slam a full toolbox into the paint without any chipping but just today the same toolbox barely tapped my tailgate and gouged the paint all the way to the bottom of the primer. After it happend I noticed I could scratch away the primer with just my fingernail..... like it wasn't properly mixed to cure well. I am going to ford tomorrow as my truck only has 2800 miles and also has other chips along the sides.

We all need to make entries with ford so they are aware of the problem and it can become a recall item. I paint aircraft parts sometimes in my line of work and NEVER does paint after cured act like this. It should scratch not gouge.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
It looks like your wheel offset may be a big part of your problem since your chipping is coming from your own tires. I didn’t have any chips until a couple of weeks ago while towing our camper an idiot passed me using a chip and seal lane that never gets driven on. Probably had 25 rocks shower the truck. I now have chips on both sides and up the passenger A pilar. I do have PPF on the front and about 25% of the front fenders which really helps.

EZGEO

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It looks like your wheel offset may be a big part of your problem since your chipping is coming from your own tires. I didn’t have any chips until a couple of weeks ago while towing our camper an idiot passed me using a chip and seal lane that never gets driven on. Probably had 25 rocks shower the truck. I now have chips on both sides and up the passenger A pilar. I do have PPF on the front and about 25% of the front fenders which really helps.
Dang that sucks! Sorry to hear that. The pictures I posted are a little deceiving. My truck is 100% stock with factory wheels and tires that come with the FX4 pkg. Hopefully insurance will cover the repair, it’s going to be a pretty penny to have it done right.
Sponsored