Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Hi,

I want to know if someone have the same issue of my Ranger XLT 2019. I have it since 9 month. The paint in front of my rear wheel is chipped and it is on metal already. I haved try to deal with the dealer, but don't want to help. Now my option is to build a report with expert and other Ranger that have the same problem. I have talk to the consumer protection office and I will send a formal notice to the dealer beacause this problem it is not normal. They told me that the warranty don't cover the impact of rock, but this is a problem of design.

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Thank you for the help.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I want to know if someone have the same issue of my Ranger XLT 2019. I have it since 9 month. The paint in front of my rear wheel is chipped and it is on metal already. I haved try to deal with the dealer, but don't want to help. Now my option is to build a report with expert and other Ranger that have the same problem. I have talk to the consumer protection office and I will send a formal notice to the dealer beacause this problem it is not normal. They told me that the warranty don't cover the impact of rock, but this is a problem of design.

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Thank you for the help.
Hi Alexandre

What tires do you have on your truck?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Alexandre

What tires do you have on your truck?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

I have the tires that came initally with the truck the Hankook Dynapro 265-65-17. I didn't modify anything on the truck.

Thank you.

Alexandre

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it and see what they say. You might get .lucky

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

I have the tires that came initally with the truck the Hankook Dynapro 265-65-17. I didn't modify anything on the truck.

Thank you.

Alexandre
Hi Alexandre,

Great! There is no way the dealership can say it is because you "modified" your vehicle with other tires than stock. Take it back to the dealer but if they do not help...Please call the Customer Service phone number in your owner's manual...I believe you are in Canada based on your location code you entered. I do not have Canada contact info for Ford. Open up a trouble ticket..if the Ford agent will not help, ask for a supervisor and demand a trouble ticket. This allows the Dealer to bill Ford for the repair.

More importantly is the question of "How Did This Happen". Do you live on a gravel road for example, a Dirt Road or a paved road or where to you drive other than paved roads. At Ford we run a stone pecking test that is very severe. If this were found during this testing, it would be highlighted and fixed, so it is key for you to share every detail of your driving habits and the roads on which you drive. Does not matter as for warranty work, but will help the Ford engineers and Ranger 5G Forum members to understand what happened.

Good Luck with your getting this fixed.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it and see what they say. You might get .lucky
Already did, but they don't want to help. They told to call Ford Canada Customer Service, but Ford told me to go the dealer. Anyone want to help.

OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Alexandre,

Great! There is no way the dealership can say it is because you "modified" your vehicle with other tires than stock. Take it back to the dealer but if they do not help...Please call the Customer Service phone number in your owner's manual...I believe you are in Canada based on your location code you entered. I do not have Canada contact info for Ford. Open up a trouble ticket..if the Ford agent will not help, ask for a supervisor and demand a trouble ticket. This allows the Dealer to bill Ford for the repair.

More importantly is the question of "How Did This Happen". Do you live on a gravel road for example, a Dirt Road or a paved road or where to you drive other than paved roads. At Ford we run a stone pecking test that is very severe. If this were found during this testing, it would be highlighted and fixed, so it is key for you to share every detail of your driving habits and the roads on which you drive. Does not matter as for warranty work, but will help the Ford engineers and Ranger 5G Forum members to understand what happened.

Good Luck with your getting this fixed.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

I haved already call the Ford Canada Customer Service and they said to me that they can't help cause they don't have the link with the Ford Warranty Department. They said that I have to go to the dealer and deal with them. But my dealer

Yeah I want to know too what happen, this is why I went to the dealer. I don't live in a gravel road and I don't go offroad too, this is why this problem bother me.

Thank you for your time Phil,

Cordially,

Alexandre

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Hi Phil,

I haved already call the Ford Canada Customer Service and they said to me that they can't help cause they don't have the link with the Ford Warranty Department. They said that I have to go to the dealer and deal with them. But my dealer

Yeah I want to know too what happen, this is why I went to the dealer. I don't live in a gravel road and I don't go offroad too, this is why this problem bother me.

Thank you for your time Phil,

Cordially,

Alexandre
I Too have a Paint issue on the roof of my 2020 Red ranger Dirt under paint in three to four areas.......Dealer looked at it...Took pics...& the Body shop Manager is supposed to get back to me....that was three weeks ago....If I even get some negative vibes about NOT honoring the Repair.....I will let my Lemon Law Attorney take it from there....I have just heard too Many complaints coming out of the Michigan Plant on shitty paint Defects Period....Someone is NOT Doing their Job with final Inspection?

OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
I Too have a Paint issue on the roof of my 2020 Red ranger Dirt under paint in three to four areas.......Dealer looked at it...Took pics...& the Body shop Manager is supposed to get back to me....that was three weeks ago....If I even get some negative vibes about NOT honoring the Repair.....I will let my Lemon Law Attorney take it from there....I have just heard too Many complaints coming out of the Michigan Plant on shitty paint Defects Period....Someone is NOT Doing their Job with final Inspection?
Hi Chuck,

Yes this really frustating that they don't honor thier manufacturing problem.

Alex

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue as you do only mine is very minor compared to yours. I noticed it when I did a full detail a couple months after purchasing it. I took it to my Ford body shop manager and he immediately said it was a factory defect and all he needed to do was take a picture and send it off to ford and had no doubt it would be taken care of. The only catch was the entire bedside would have to be repainted. That meant bedrail, the magnetic wheel lip molding, inside black plastic wheel well, bed sticker, tail light and bumper needed to be removed. I didnā€™t want to go through all that and asked him to document it and down the road if it got worse would it be covered, he said Yes! So I donā€™t know if heā€˜s BSā€™ing me but I decided to leave it alone. I took this picture today, it hasnā€™t gotten worse or broke through the clear since, its exactly how it was almost a year ago. So all good so far but I must say looking at your picture has me concerned. Iā€™m going to keep a close eye on it.

Iā€™d honestly go to another dealership and run it by them. And your more than welcome to show your dealership my picture.
A541426C-0923-47E9-A1F4-FBE8B80D7484.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
I have the same issue as you do only mine is very minor compared to yours. I noticed it when I did a full detail a couple months after purchasing it. I took it to my Ford body shop manager and he immediately said it was a factory defect and all he needed to do was take a picture and send it off to ford and had no doubt it would be taken care of. The only catch was the entire bedside would have to be repainted. That meant bedrail, the magnetic wheel lip molding, inside black plastic wheel well, bed sticker, tail light and bumper needed to be removed. I didnā€™t want to go through all that and asked him to document it and down the road if it got worse would it be covered, he said Yes! So I donā€™t know if heā€˜s BSā€™ing me but I decided to leave it alone. I took this picture today, it hasnā€™t gotten worse or broke through the clear since, its exactly how it was almost a year ago. So all good so far but I must say looking at your picture has me concerned. Iā€™m going to keep a close eye on it.

Iā€™d honestly go to another dealership and run it by them. And your more than welcome to show your dealership my picture.
A541426C-0923-47E9-A1F4-FBE8B80D7484.jpeg
Hi Tony,

Thank you for sharing this picture to me, I will take it to show the problem to my dealer. Do you have a side step? Maybye this help to not getting worse. But it's a good idea to keep a eye on this, it can degenerate fast.

Can you send the document he wrote about this problem, that will help my case?

Thank you!!!

Alexandre

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tony,

Thank you for sharing this picture to me, I will take it to show the problem to my dealer. Do you have a side step? Maybye this help to not getting worse. But it's a good idea to keep a eye on this, it can degenerate fast.

Can you send the document he wrote about this problem, that will help my case?

Thank you!!!

Alexandre
PM sent

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Alexandre,

I am amazed Ford of Canada would not accept your concern. I would recommend calling Ford of Canada again and if you get a similar answer, ask for this to be elevated to a supervisor. If you again do not get support, elevate to a manager. Something is not right that Ford of Canada is not listening to you. It is not supposed to be this way. I am guessing your initial contact is actually a call center and you need to get to a level where they are standing on Canadian earth, not India or such. I am glad other forum members are supporting your concern. I am very concerned that so much is being missed by the final line inspections. How ever my concern for your specific problem is to recommend taking this to another Ford dealer. Whoever you are going to is not customer oriented.

Good Luck,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue and did the same thing. They just denied it to wear even tho it is obviously under the paint. The dealer doesn't want to peruse further.

OP
OP

alexpitre

First Name
Alexnadre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Phil,

Perfect thank you a lot for your opinion and your supporting too. I will try to deal amicably with the dealer with all the information i have collected, and if this not work, i will call a supervisor or manager at Ford Service.

Have a nice day!

Cordially,

Alexandre
Sponsored