Paint Correction!

Mr. Boots

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Has anyone undertaken this project yet? I know that quangdog released a great video, watch it if you haven't, and tackled it but what about everyone else? I'm wondering what pads and compounds everyone is using? Is our clear coat hard, soft? I want to do this soon and wanted some information on what I might be dealing with on our clear.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Has anyone undertaken this project yet? I know that quangdog released a great video, watch it if you haven't, and tackled it but what about everyone else? I'm wondering what pads and compounds everyone is using? Is our clear coat hard, soft? I want to do this soon and wanted some information on what I might be dealing with on our clear.
I've found no need to do a paint correction yet as mine has looked great. I have clayed it twice now and have now switched from a spray on wax to using Graphene. I've done a couple write ups below on all my products and process. In the first link I was still using the Optimum spray wax and the second link is where I switched to Graphene but the prep process is the same.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/detailing-time.2038/post-123695

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating.10062/

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've found no need to do a paint correction yet as mine has looked great. I have clayed it twice now and have now switched from a spray on wax to using Graphene. I've done a couple write ups below on all my products and process. In the first link I was still using the Optimum spray wax and the second link is where I switched to Graphene but the prep process is the same.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/detailing-time.2038/post-123695

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating.10062/
When I was growing up in mid 50's, we used to have a neighborhood door to door salesman for Fuller Brush, now it's thread to thread for Graphene. Good job Dave, our Graphene Guy :thumbsup:;):crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I was growing up in mid 50's, we used to have a neighborhood door to door salesman for Fuller Brush, now it's thread to thread for Graphene. Good job Dave, our Graphene Guy :thumbsup:;):crackup:
Hello, I'm Jim....I'd like to sell you some Graphene today. ?

Salesman.jpg

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I've done paint correction before. I used a porter cable and megs 105 and 205. It turned out great on the paint of my 93 ranger. It was a lot of work though. Took me about 8 hours my first time. Autogeek and detailedimage are both good options to buy online.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Worked with chemical guys on my 87. Old and oxidized paint in need. Did a two step with light cutting, then a glaze, and topped with carnauba. Took all day, and was worth it. Used my old Porter Cable, v36 followed by v38 on orange pad, then some glossworkz on white pad and butter wet wax on a black pad. I use TW ice seal'n'shine as my up keep.

Below pic is after the first step of v36.

I haven't had to do correction on the 19, just decontamination and claying. I had SB3 Alpha done and I love it. Use their quick detailer and TW Ice seal'n'shine as my up keep. Literally nothing sticks to the paint. Closing the rear door is hard as you don't have any friction on the paint!

IMG_20190803_085723.jpg

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

Erick45

First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Get a good da polisher like shinemate for beginner or rupes if you have a budget. Then meguiars 105 205 combo is great. Now for pads, you can look for north wolf, buff and shine, and lake country.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
At this point I've found the paint is so fragile all I'm doing is using the iron oxide neutralizer ('Detox') and claybar followed by a ceramic hybrid wax.

My truck has so many little paint chips I can't justify going overboard on paint 'correction.' I've got touchup all over the truck, so I bought an AVS hood protector/deflector.
Sponsored