Ordering and Negotiating Time

Defender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
if I order a Ranger, at what point does the negotiating take place? Is it during ordering, upon delivery, or some other period? I’ve never ordered a vehicle so completely unfamiliar with the process.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you could do it either during ordering or at delivery, but I think you have a lot more leverage if you do it during ordering. If you backed out after it was delivered you would lose your security deposit (assuming they required one - some dealers apparently don't). I've always negotiated the price before I ordered.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
if I order a Ranger, at what point does the negotiating take place? Is it during ordering, upon delivery, or some other period? I’ve never ordered a vehicle so completely unfamiliar with the process.
I negotiated before placing my order. I sent a mass email with my exact build list out to all the dealerships within 50 miles. I asked them to send me their best Out The Door quote. A smaller family owned, out of the way, dealership earned my business. Good luck!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t want to negotiate get X Plan and then it’s a fixed price.

Otherwise agree on a price before ordering, that way there are no surprises come delivery. Lots of people buying Rangers from the lot are stuck paying MSRP, since they have no leverage.

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
If you don’t want to negotiate get X Plan and then it’s a fixed price.

Otherwise agree on a price before ordering, that way there are no surprises come delivery. Lots of people buying Rangers from the lot are stuck paying MSRP, since they have no leverage.
And here's Rangerdanger own thread to do that...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2-ways-to-get-x-plan-pricing-on-a-2019-ford-ranger.1055/

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Seeing as you haven’t ordered yet @Defender, you only need 60 days to get X plan. Build to arrival time will be 60-120 days probably.
Asked for a vin....my sales person will not answer an email...wait till I give them an evaluation
Sponsored