2 Ways to Get X Plan Pricing on a 5th Gen Ford Ranger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If your dealer is like mine, they will not be selling the 2019 Ford Ranger at invoice price for a while. If you want to buy the 2019 Ford Ranger at close to invoice price, you can use Ford's X Plan "Friends & Family" discount to save a bunch of money.

The X Plan discount is calculated as "Invoice" - 0.4% of "Invoice" + $275 Program Fee (Info). For example, a 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew has an invoice price of $37,753.

$37,753 - 0.4% + $275 = $37,876.98. That's a savings of $1,600 off MSRP.

The Easy Way (60 Days + $25)
  1. Join the Mustang Club of America 60 days prior to purchase: LINK
  2. Pay $25 with Paypal or a Credit/Debit Card for an Associate membership, it's good for 1 year.
  3. Go to Ford Partner's website and login with the MCA partner code MC405: LINK
  4. Go to "Generate My PIN" to create a PIN number to give to your dealer. Fill out the contact info.
  5. Make sure to bring a physical copy of your Mustang Club of America card to the dealer when you pick up your truck. They will need to scan it to prove you're eligible for the X Plan discount.
MCA X Plan.png

The Hard Way (6 Months + $???)

The other way to get the X Plan discount is to be a Ford Motor Company shareholder.

"To be eligible for the discount, you must own a minimum of 100 shares of Ford Motor Company F stock. You must have owned the shares for a minimum of 6 months at the time of your request for the X-Plan discount. PINs may only be issued in the name of the shareholder." - Ford Shareholder Relations Vehicle Program

1. Open a brokerage account if you do not have one already. Some examples are E-Trade, Robinhood & Charles Schwab.
  2. Buy 100 shares of Ford Stock (NYSE:F). Current price as of 10/11/2018 is $8.81. Total investment would be $881 + Brokerage Fees.
  3. Hold stock for 6+ months. Cry when the value of you investment goes down. :(
  4. Fill out Shareholder Application form and email it to [email protected].
Shareholder-Application1.png
Shareholder-Application2.png
Sponsored

Attachments

JYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
Excellent post and info! Invoice price x 0.4% sounds like a good deal at this point based on the deals I've read here.

I'm still at least a couple months out from ordering so joining the Mustang Club of America at least 60 days ahead of time works out great.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent post and info! Invoice price x 0.4% sounds like a good deal at this point based on the deals I've read here.

I'm still at least a couple months out from ordering so joining the Mustang Club of America at least 60 days ahead of time works out great.
Make sure your dealership participates in the X Plan program. It's voluntary so not all dealerships offer it.

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
I used EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT ASSOCIATION (eaa.org) for my xplan.
I would like for you to enlighten me on the EAA discount. As a aircraft mechanic that sounds allot more interesting to me than any of the other options. How did you go about getting it. Please let me know super curious.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I would like for you to enlighten me on the EAA discount. As a aircraft mechanic that sounds allot more interesting to me than any of the other options. How did you go about getting it. Please let me know super curious.
I just belong to the EAA, I have also used the John deere discounts from them. Cost me about $45 a year and I get a great Mag.

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Wish I had read this earlier. F stock is up to $9.20

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
And it's down from $11.50. Just saying. This is one way to make up some of the loss.....

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you belongs to BJs Wholesale club, they can generate a pin for you.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you belongs to BJs Wholesale club, they can generate a pin for you.
You're right. I found this website: http://www.bjsauto.com/Ford/FAQ

Terms and Conditions:
Must be an active BJ’s Wholesale Club Member to be eligible to participate in this sales promotion. Your membership number will be required at time of registration and will be verified prior to your PIN and Certificate Number being issued. Both the PIN and Certificate number are tied to your exclusive BJ’s Member Discount. To qualify for this Promotional Offer, all participants must register at bjsauto.com/Ford and will receive a follow up email containing a PIN and Certificate Number from Ford Motor Company to activate the offer. Vehicle purchase or lease must be made between October 2, 2018 and January 2, 2019 at any participating dealership, after registering for the promotion at bjsauto.com/Ford. To receive the $250 BJ’s Gift Card, you must provide the participating dealer with your PIN and Certificate Number at time of sale and the dealer MUST claim the offer using the issued certificate number. Customer should receive their gift card within 4-6 weeks from the time the certificate is claimed by the dealer. Gift Cards are being delivered by UPS and must be delivered to a valid street address with signature required upon receipt. The gift card cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box address because signature is required.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Just another idea that is simple if you are a member of Costco - their auto program pricing is VERY similar to XPlan pricing. I got both prices and for an XLT the Costco number was slightly lower than XPlan and for a Lariat it was slightly higher - they were within less than $100 in both cases. If you are a Costco member it is really easy to do - just go to costco.com and find the link for their auto program and fill out the details. The only real drawback is that only certain dealers participate in it. They will tell you what dealer you have to go thru.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my pin so my Lariat will end up 2.5K less expensive.
This is a good option if you already have a BJs membership. I would be interested to see if their are any caveats, such as "you must be a member for at least 60 days", like the MCA.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
If BJ's beats the Costco car buying plan, they should be advertising this as a membership driver. Pay $60/yr to save $2.5K.
Sponsored