fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Those that distrust the K&N don't know how, and likely have never attempted, looking at actual test data that supports their arguments. They are A+ and the increased flow is part of what the tune relies on. Don't believe the internet myths despite how many parrots there are. Do your own research like used oil analysis and filter tests, there're thousands of them. If you don't have the time think no further than Ford is giving to you with their factor warranty backed tune, and Ford is well known for thorough testing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Those that distrust the K&N don't know how, and likely have never attempted, looking at actual test data that supports their arguments. They are A+ and the increased flow is part of what the tune relies on. Don't believe the internet myths despite how many parrots there are. Do your own research like used oil analysis and filter tests, there're thousands of them. If you don't have the time think no further than Ford is giving to you with their factor warranty backed tune, and Ford is well known for thorough testing.
Iā€™ve seen plenty of tests online. The K&N always has superior airflow yes, but also letā€™s in a lot more crap through.

Not scientific but gives you an idea

Reactions: EJH

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve seen plenty of tests online. The K&N always has superior airflow yes, but also letā€™s in a lot more crap through.

Not scientific but gives you an idea
Try finding some data that relates to increased engine wear not some guy at home with some toy off Amazon giving numbers

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Try finding some data that relates to increased engine wear not some guy at home with some toy off Amazon giving numbers
Plenty of cases where itā€™s messed up MAF sensors though lolā€¦

Reactions: EJH

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of cases where itā€™s messed up MAF sensors though lolā€¦
Sure perhaps from over-oiling on the clean side that isn't supposed to get oil, and/or improper installation of rubber seal and air box.

Sorry but the disinformation that flows is too much for me to not say anything.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Sure perhaps from over-oiling on the clean side that isn't supposed to get oil, and/or improper installation of rubber seal and air box
Look brother Iā€™m no engineer, by any means, but logic would tell me, you can either have amazing airflow or amazing filtration, not both. Living in Las Vegas, itā€™s DUSTY AF here, and how often I go to the desert, I prefer maximum filtration at the expense of some airflow.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Look brother Iā€™m no engineer, by any means, but logic would tell me, you can either have amazing airflow or amazing filtration, not both. Living in Las Vegas, itā€™s DUSTY AF here, and how often I go to the desert, I prefer maximum filtration at the expense of some airflow.
You do you, boo. I've had both dry-type washable filters and K&Ns in extreme dusty conditions, and many UOAs with flying colors.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Itā€™s very simple. Lived in Florida on the coast. Lots of grit and sand on the backside of the filter. Yes properly oiled. No internet myth, no parrot, real world. I have chosen not to use them. You are more than welcome to use what you want on your vehicles just donā€™t try to convince me to use K&N.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Sure perhaps from over-oiling on the clean side that isn't supposed to get oil, and/or improper installation of rubber seal and air box.
I don't trust myself to properly oil them every time. Last time I oiled one, I set it down on the bench with a slight tap, when I picked it up, there were oil droplets on the bench. So I went with a dry AFE.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
You do you, boo. I've had both dry-type washable filters and K&Ns in extreme dusty conditions, and many UOAs with flying colors.
I like how this thread turned into an air filter argument.

OP let us know how you like the change in the truck. I lean to the FPT myself
I know right? Lolā€¦ Never thought me wanting to use stock filter would be so controversial haha

I will! Super excited to try it. Get it Saturday. My biggest hope more than anything else is that the transmission gets smoother. Thatā€™s my only complaint with my truck

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
How dare you disrespect the project farm guy. His tests are awesome for what he has to work with.... !!!!

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I know right? Lolā€¦ Never thought me wanting to use stock filter would be so controversial haha

I will! Super excited to try it. Get it Saturday. My biggest hope more than anything else is that the transmission gets smoother. Thatā€™s my only complaint with my truck
Me either.

The transmission shifting is a big improvement. I think youā€™ll be happy.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Me either.

The transmission shifting is a big improvement. I think youā€™ll be happy.
Thanks brother. I will definitely report back

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s very simple. Lived in Florida on the coast. Lots of grit and sand on the backside of the filter. Yes properly oiled. No internet myth, no parrot, real world. I have chosen not to use them. You are more than welcome to use what you want on your vehicles just donā€™t try to convince me to use K&N.
Have you considered sand came in behind the seal that wasnā€™t tight enough and didnā€™t bulldoze itā€™s way through?
Sponsored