First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I’ll be sticking with the current gas ranger. I think the diesel raptor would be faster if completely modded out compared to us completely modded out.. 211 hp 370 tq + 30% from chip = 274 hp 480 tq + throw some other performance mods they would be close to 300 + hp and 500+ torque. Rare to see something that modded though. Only way we would match up is with an E85 tune + HPFP and CRP turbo. I think we would lose a 0-60 but destroy in a 1/4 mile if we had the top end extreme mods.
Those 2.3ltr are pretty stout and get the torque down fast.
Even with the chip I have, its still not fast enough. :crackup: Although the Everest is heavier than the Raptor and all time 4WD .

"The Ford Everest 2.0L Bi-Turbo Titanium+ variant is equipped with full-time Four-Wheel Drive (4x4). The four-wheel drive system in the vehicle is an intelligent system that continuously monitors vehicle conditions and automatically adjusts the power distribution between the front and rear wheels.
The difference between All-Wheel Drive (AWD) and Four-Wheel Drive (4x4) is the term all-wheel drive refers to vehicles that deliver power from the engine to all four wheels all the time."

Its has a max payload of 750kg aand 3100kg of towing with coil rear springs.

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13-49-02 Capability.png

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13-53-12 Performance.png
Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ranger XLT spacecab
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
Looks like mine, with the fugly graphics I skipped ?

For those wondering about fuel economy, I average about 10-10.5 L/100km around town (about 22 US MPG) and 8.5-9 L/100km on the highway (about 27.5 US MPG) when cruising at 100-110 km/h, that's stock with the BFG 33" K02s. I don't drive it all that hard though hahaha. Also in Australia, light commercial vehicles have less stingent emissions than you guys in the States do, we only have the DPF on these things. No DEF/AdBlue.

51518236631_e2313de3d3_k.jpg
Ford Ranger Raptor by Billy, on Flickr

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
For the money.. the raptor Ranger isn’t worth the price. I would like the option of a turbo diesel here in the US but it doesn’t belong in a Ford “Performance” line Ranger.

get people interested in the Ranger Raptor by putting a 2.7 EB in it. ?

Nomadjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Diesel too expensive for usa market. Regen, pollution, too many regs. Like the v8, becoming the dodo bird. So if you want diesel, imoort the car. Or buy hd
Agreed on this. I've owned a couple of older diesels and they were great and the low end torque makes them feel like they have way more power than they do but look at the F150 diesel getting replaced by the hybrid. For the same price the hybrid gets similar mileage and more torque. If you had that choice why by a diesel that is going to require more expensive fuel?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
For the money.. the raptor Ranger isn’t worth the price. I would like the option of a turbo diesel here in the US but it doesn’t belong in a Ford “Performance” line Ranger.

get people interested in the Ranger Raptor by putting a 2.7 EB in it. ?
Almost, give me the 3.0 EB from the Explorer and now we are talking some sexy numbers for the Ranger Raptor.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Those 2.3ltr are pretty stout and get the torque down fast.
Even with the chip I have, its still not fast enough. :crackup: Although the Everest is heavier than the Raptor and all time 4WD .

"The Ford Everest 2.0L Bi-Turbo Titanium+ variant is equipped with full-time Four-Wheel Drive (4x4). The four-wheel drive system in the vehicle is an intelligent system that continuously monitors vehicle conditions and automatically adjusts the power distribution between the front and rear wheels.
The difference between All-Wheel Drive (AWD) and Four-Wheel Drive (4x4) is the term all-wheel drive refers to vehicles that deliver power from the engine to all four wheels all the time."

Its has a max payload of 750kg aand 3100kg of towing with coil rear springs.

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13-49-02 Capability.png

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13-53-12 Performance.png
Interesting thank you for that insight Alex. I would think the extra torque from the diesel engine would give it fast get up and go times especially with the full time 4x4.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
It's an interesting head scratcher comparing markets isn't it, here in Australia diesel is usually a little cheaper than petrol, and the premium fuels that EcoBoost engines are recommended to run on (Ford Aus. calls for minimum 95 RON in EB equipped vehicles) make the running costs higher. Another factor for us Aussies is that there are parts of northern Australia where diesel is the only fuel available, you just can't buy petrol. Granted you've got to be a way off the beaten track for this to be an issue, all the major highways have petrol available along them around the country.

I was browsing the F-150 forum recently, as we are set to get the 3L Powerstroke in the next gen Ranger here, and they are seeing great economy figures out of it especially when towing. That was the big difference between the hybrid and the PS, unladen they were similar but when towing the diesel was just more efficient. Obviously over there your fuel cost plays a big part in your decision.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
Upon closer examination as I suspected. Import

275712A0-2D22-46AA-B37F-2BA39FC6E037.jpeg
I believe Viperwolf posted an image of his Everest engine bay, which is the same as the Raptor.

ChrisBlatherwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Greetings from across the pond from South Africa. The Raptor in the pics does look like the actual Ranger Raptor that we have here in South Africa and around the world. Raptor owners have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the 2.0 diesel motor, and many like me would have preferred the 2.3 or a stonking 5.0 V8.

The 2.0 is very economical even with 33inch tyres (from the factory) but lacks some low down power from pull away. She really starts to pull once the tacho goes past the 2500 rpm mark up to the red line. When I got it, I had it Dyno’d, but the power was slightly down from the claimed factory figures (205 HP and 486.5 Nn actual). The 2.0’s ECU cannot be reprogrammed, so I had a Unichip X installed that made the vehicle more driveable (for me) and boosted the power to 256 HP and 568.2 Nm.
1.JPG

Last edited:

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
That's a real vehicle, it looks identical to the Raptor sold here. As mentioned above the Bi-turbo 4 is also an optional engine here on the normal Ranger. Ironically we were hanging out for a 5 litre V8 version of the Raptor.
Sponsored