First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So yesterday I finally put some tires on my truck. I went with Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3. I haven't done any off roading yet so don't get confused about these pictures. This is in the mind right behind where I live. I have hit a few bumps and can say that in general the suspension is kind of stiff but definitely more easier to maintain control compared to stock. This weekend I will be going to some more off-road places nearby give a better review.

0507201943.jpg

0507201943_HDR.jpg

0507201943a.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Alright so here we have it. Finally went off-roading today and I can say I am very impressed overall. I could definitely control the truck way better than it used to be when it was stock. I'm sure plenty of you guys that either have spacers or just the factory suspension understand what I'm talking about when you're going off road and those bumps make you want to get tossed around the cab. The first Trail I hid in the area that I went to had some nice up and down roller coaster bumps that normally I wouldn't go more than 10 to 15 miles an hour over with the stock suspension. I was really pushing it at that speed to begin with because it would want to toss me around the cab. Today I was going 20 over those bumps and felt like probably could have gone faster. I went through the rest of the trail and there were some spots that were still pretty rough but something the bp-51 or similar could fix or even a sway bar disconnect if they ever decide to develop that. There were some obstacles I went through they were very minor for most vehicles that this truck did struggle with when it was stuck. With this suspension it gave me all the clearance I needed to get over it. I didn't have to worry about any Teeter tottering at all. For those looking to get a lift I can say that the old man emu by ARB is well worth the money. No you're not going to go hit the Baja 1000 with it but you're still going to enjoy the off-road experience

0509201243.jpg

0509201455.jpg

0509201513.jpg

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
Frenchy,

Where are you at in those pics? Looks familiar .

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
That is the FourMile area behind Buena Vista
Ahhh. That’s what I was thinking. Looks pretty clear over there now.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ahhh. That’s what I was thinking. Looks pretty clear over there now.
It is!!! I think the snow was finally gone a few weeks ago. There are 3 water crossings but even a stock ranger will handle them.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
French/Andy
The shim. When I test fit the shim to the bottom of the leaf pack, there was barely any pin left to go into the bracket on the axle. Is that how yours were? I have the 1.7 OME leaf packs.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
French/Andy
The shim. When I test fit the shim to the bottom of the leaf pack, there was barely any pin left to go into the bracket on the axle. Is that how yours were? I have the 1.7 OME leaf packs.
I had to grind my little alignment pin off to make it fit in. After that I was good

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also to add here are the alignment specs for the old man emu kit with my fat ass in the truck.

0603201553.jpg

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Does anyone know if this kit will work ford a RWD Ranger?

From my understanding, there is slight difference between the RWD/4WD lower shock mounts. Some kits work fine on both, and some don't.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does anyone know if this kit will work ford a RWD Ranger?

From my understanding, there is slight difference between the RWD/4WD lower shock mounts. Some kits work fine on both, and some don't.
I can say it should be ok. People here have already installed both Fox and Eibach kits and had no problem. I am curious as to why you want to lift a 2wd though?

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
I can say it should be ok. People here have already installed both Fox and Eibach kits and had no problem. I am curious as to why you want to lift a 2wd though?
I actually was finally able to get in contact with ARB and confirmed fitment. 2WD w/ the rear locker and extra clearance is all I need for my purposes. This truck is just serving as my daily driver and light-overlander for the family. 5-10 years from now, I'm hoping to turn this into a badass prerunner, long-travel kit and all.

I had a 2003 F-150 4x4 Lariat that I used for wheeling, but sadly an accident cut her life short. I'll be keeping an eye out for a used 4Runner for some serious offroading to replace my F150. I'd really love to get the new Bronco, but I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I actually was finally able to get in contact with ARB and confirmed fitment. 2WD w/ the rear locker and extra clearance is all I need for my purposes. This truck is just serving as my daily driver and light-overlander for the family. 5-10 years from now, I'm hoping to turn this into a badass prerunner, long-travel kit and all.

I had a 2003 F-150 4x4 Lariat that I used for wheeling, but sadly an accident cut her life short. I'll be keeping an eye out for a used 4Runner for some serious offroading to replace my F150. I'd really love to get the new Bronco, but I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me.
Instead of going to a 4Runner I would recommend getting a 4wd Ranger. I have the 4wd with the Old Man EMU with 265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3 tires and it does very well. Unfortunately I dont have a locker but I will fix that down the road but I have yet to have any problems with the offroad as of this point. That is my input on this.

If you are in Colorado perhaps we could meet up and I can show you how well it does one day.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Instead of going to a 4Runner I would recommend getting a 4wd Ranger. I have the 4wd with the Old Man EMU with 265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3 tires and it does very well. Unfortunately I dont have a locker but I will fix that down the road but I have yet to have any problems with the offroad as of this point. That is my input on this.

If you are in Colorado perhaps we could meet up and I can show you how well it does one day.
I've been really flirting with the idea of getting a used 4x4 Ranger. We'll see what happens. I won't be making any moves until 2021. If our trucks remain reliable I'd love to double down.

It's funny you mention Colorado. I split my time between NJ and CA, and we had actually planned on being in Colorado for the 4th. Absolutely beautiful state. With this whole Covid crap, I'm stuck out East, but next time I'm heading out there I can give you a shout. Cheers!

KVOFTN

First Name
KEVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EDGE RANGER COMING SOON
So yesterday I finally put some tires on my truck. I went with Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3. I haven't done any off roading yet so don't get confused about these pictures. This is in the mind right behind where I live. I have hit a few bumps and can say that in general the suspension is kind of stiff but definitely more easier to maintain control compared to stock. This weekend I will be going to some more off-road places nearby give a better review.

0507201943.jpg

0507201943_HDR.jpg

0507201943a.jpg

0507201943.jpg

0507201943_HDR.jpg

0507201943a.jpg
What size tires did you go with?
What are your thoughts on this kit after more seat time?
Sponsored