Blenner

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey ya’ll. I’m looking for some ideas for off road tires from you experienced 4 low drivers out there. I would be doing the occasional mild to moderate trail, weekend warrior stuff mostly. Factory suspension and all that no other mods.
Just planning ahead for spring.
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks.
Sponsored

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Hey ya’ll. I’m looking for some ideas for off road tires from you experienced 4 low drivers out there. I would be doing the occasional mild to moderate trail, weekend warrior stuff mostly. Factory suspension and all that no other mods.
Just planning ahead for spring.
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks.
Thread resurrections.

Honestly any good AT tires will fit your bill. Copper AT3, BFG KO2, General Grabber ATX, Toyo Open Country AT3, Falken Wildpeaks AT3W, etc.

Any of them would do the job and you can go for the one you like the look of the most.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i would go for a bfg ko2. they are not the best at everything and every possible terrain. however, they are pretty good at everything and that is hard to find. so no matter the trail brings the ko2s are up to it 99% of the time. they are also pretty civil on the street and not too noisy or rough. biggest down side to the ko2s is wet traction on the street. they are a bit loose. but most off road tires are that way. a good street tire for wet roads is typically a bad off road tire. ive put 16k so far on ko2s this year. highway, dirt roads, gravel, sand, rocks, mud and mixed. so far im happy with them and they performed great. i also like almost anything cooper makes. the st max is a tough tire. i keep hearing toyo and nitto fans and a lot of the falkens. ehh. sometimes a good price also helps a lot. which is the most cost effective option to get five or six of them ?

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Thread resurrections.

Honestly any good AT tires will fit your bill. Copper AT3, BFG KO2, General Grabber ATX, Toyo Open Country AT3, Falken Wildpeaks AT3W, etc.

Any of them would do the job and you can go for the one you like the look of the most.

I had the Wildpeaks on my 2002 FX4 and they got me through some bad/icy snow up in Tahoe, felt much safer with those tires while driving around too.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Second the wild peaks at3w

Daz

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FX4 Lariat Supercrew, 2013 VW Golf Wagon TDI
Occupation
Postie
Just put the Wildpeak AT3W on ours a few weeks back. Excellent on-road manners and no noisier than the factory installed Hankooks. Haven't had much opportunity to try them off-road yet, but they've handled our recent snow like a champ. Good wet traction, too. I've had BFG K02s on a Cherokee in the past, and while they're great, I feel (so far) like the Falkens are a better version of the KO2.
Sponsored