Roger Cote, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Roger Cote

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello, My name is Roger Cote, I live in New Brunswick, Canada. It gets very cold here from November to March.
After a 6 month wait, I got my 2019 Lariat with everything that you can get on it .
It was a little wonky for the first few months, but after 5,000 km … 3000 miles it settled down into a great truck for me. It came with a full tank of 87 octane. I refuelled with 87 octane. Seemed to be confused on cold, damp days. Switched to 91 octane and that made a huge difference in performance and shift patterns. This truck always wants to get into a higher gear, goes from 1 to 4 in 50 feet. I always turn off to auto stop/start that is dumb … stop in garage it turns off, switch to park it turns on. That needs an upgrade.

The engine noise in my case is simply the arm to the turbo valve that moves in and out. I shoot that with rust check lube and it quiets down. The oil level is as should be, certainly does not make oil. So far after one oil change at 3000 miles it has gone down 1/2 quart. Going next week for oil change , summer wheel change over, rear light recall and leather seat bubbles.
Have made a few $00 on challenges from neighbors with Chevys and Tacoma's.. Had a 5.0l cayote that I would brake and rev to 1700 rpms . That would go hard times, rarely got beat. The ranger just as good within its limits and fair competition. A challenge is to only time I use the Sport mode. I am 73 years old but never step down from a challenge. I have new eye implants an no longer wear eye glasses. May go for some upgrades, some old guys love to stay competitive. Keeps us young and loving fun. I have been reading this forum since day one. This my first post.
Sponsored

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Welcome Roger! I am also new to this site.

You mentioned tire switch over, what tires are you using for your snows (winters)?

I just went though this past winter in the Toronto area and it was pretty mild for the most part so my original Hankooks, with the odd use of 4-wheel, did just fine.

But... I have really grown to prefer the snows in the cold weather so I’ll be on the lookout for a set for this year/fall.

Chris