OEM Style Replacement Shocks

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Thanks I have the Eibach Pro's for the rear, was gonna hold off on the fronts.
Just wanted to make sure i could do them myself
LOL! No way was I gonna tackle the fronts in my driveway. I had the dealership do it. Look into it and see if it's in your wheel house. It's a lot more complicated. Plus you need an alignment done after.
Sponsored

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
LOL! No way was I gonna tackle the fronts in my driveway. I had the dealership do it. Look into it and see if it's in your wheel house. It's a lot more complicated. Plus you need an alignment done after.
Lol, that's what I meant. I have the eibachs to put on the rear (myself) not doing the fronts at all

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Lol, that's what I meant. I have the eibachs to put on the rear (myself) not doing the fronts at all
Then you should be fine. The rears were pretty easy. I found that if you work from the opposite side of axle, meaning if you are working on the drivers side, work from in front of the axle, doing the passenger side, work from the back of the axle, it makes getting leverage to compress the shocks easier. No jack or stand necessary.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The only problem I had was he Eibach's were so stiff I couldn't push them up to slide the bottom bolt in by hand. I was living with a torn rotator at the time but I'm not sure I could have done it by hand if I wasn't. I used a small floor jack to raise the shock up into the lower bracket.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
The only problem I had was he Eibach's were so stiff I couldn't push them up to slide the bottom bolt in by hand. I used a small floor jack to raise the shock up into the lower bracket.
Same here, simpler than tie straps or ratchet straps too.

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks to all of the insightful information here I just ordered a set of Bilstein 4600s for the rear. I love my truck but the back end is just too busy. Looking forward to these smoothing out the ride.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Thanks to all of the insightful information here I just ordered a set of Bilstein 4600s for the rear. I love my truck but the back end is just too busy. Looking forward to these smoothing out the ride.
Did the same I love the ride now with the 4600s ; just said the same on another thread . Summit Racing has them .

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
The only problem I had was he Eibach's were so stiff I couldn't push them up to slide the bottom bolt in by hand. I was living with a torn rotator at the time but I'm not sure I could have done it by hand if I wasn't. I used a small floor jack to raise the shock up into the lower bracket.
Thanks for the insight, i am looking at installing these this weekend, looks like I may need a bottle jack before then then to finish these.

OP
OP

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Did the same I love the ride now with the 4600s ; just said the same on another thread . Summit Racing has them .

I ordered Bilstein 4600s front and rear on 11/4 from SD Truck Springs. The rears arrived about a week later and the fronts are still on national backorder apparently. I've been in Florida since early December - going home next week. Image from Hugenot Park, Jacksonville, FL (2019) and local hotel (current).

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_0551.jpeg

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Thanks for the insight, i am looking at installing these this weekend, looks like I may need a bottle jack before then then to finish these.
I found that if you are working from the opposite side of the axle, you can get much more leverage to get the shock compressed and up into place by hand. IE: with the shock that is mounted rear of the axle, attack it from in front. Once up into the bracket, a good size screwdriver or prybar helps line up the bolt hole. I tried a strap, a floor jack and they were just too cumbersome. YMMV.
Sponsored