Oem mudflap hardware.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Hey guys just used my fordpass points for some of the oem plastic mudflaps and I did not get any included hardware with them nor can I find any part info for them or if I had ordered the wrong thing.

Anybody have some info, thanks?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Not familiar with the Ford flaps, but I would believe they are supposed to come with attachment hardware, probably some coated screws and some plastic push-pin or rivet type hardware.
Which did you get, the flat type or the molded type ?

OP
OP
remtv

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Not familiar with the Ford flaps, but I would believe they are supposed to come with attachment hardware, probably some coated screws and some plastic push-pin or rivet type hardware.
Which did you get, the flat type or the molded type ?
Molded type it appears it requires push pins and some clips for the rears at least but unfortunately no part numbers are in the included instructions just a picture

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Yeah...should have a bag of hardware for fronts and backs. Take em back to the dealer and have them get you a complete set.
The other possibility, if you have the instructions that show the hardware needed...buy the push pins and screws...probably no more than a few $$$ at Lowes/Home Depot.

Last edited:

OP
OP
remtv

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Yeah...should have a bag of hardware for fronts and backs. Take em back to the dealer and have them get you a complete set.
The other possibility, if you have the instructions that show the hardware needed...buy the push pins and screws...probably no more than a few $$$ at Lowes/Home Depot.
I'm going to give the dealer a call but yeah I have plenty of push pins , bought a whole case of them recently but the clips are the problems as they seem to be some kind of metal spring retainers

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Contact the dealer and get the appropriate hardware. Mine are on and very solid with the right pins and clips.

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Can I buy any accessories and offset the cost with Ford points? I want some running boards and have the 42k points which I'm told is about $210.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Mine definitely came with hardware. I'd make the dealer exchange them.
Ditto here.

Can I buy any accessories and offset the cost with Ford points? I want some running boards and have the 42k points which I'm told is about $210.
Yes. Be warned that some dealerships will tell you otherwise. I believe the transaction has to be processed through the service department, even if you are just getting the parts and not having them install them for you.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
You can if your Ford store will let you. I don't think they all participate in points redemption for accessories.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Ditto here.

Yes. Be warned that some dealerships will tell you otherwise. I believe the transaction has to be processed through the service department, even if you are just getting the parts and not having them install them for you.
I have been able to access my points through the parts counter as well at one of our local stores.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
OP
OP
remtv

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer, Student
I bought mine in this case using Ford points everything was about 10-15 percent higher than you would get from one of the online part sellers and I ended up paying 20 bucks in difference for an engine cover the 2 sets of mudflaps.

And yes it went through the service

Tkent

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150 SCAB 4 X 4 2023 Ranger SCAB 4 X 2
Occupation
Contractor
Ordered mudflaps through Ford accessory site , went to install them today, hardware missing. Called customer service, they told me to send them back and will ship another set
out once they receive the returned ones.
Sponsored