So I went to our Honda Dealer today.......

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think Ford will be bought by another auto manufacturer. I'm guessing VW.
I think China will buy ford lol. Chrysler sold out to the Italian, maybe ford is next. They have big money riding on this ranger. I hope it beats all expectations.
Sponsored

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
LOL!

Do you think he's a paid by Honda plant? LOL!

The only thing I think the OP did wrong was not post the thread in the
General Automotive (Other Vehicles) forum.
Who in the hell knows. No Honda corporate paid plant or troll i don't think..altho the Japanese manufacturers have been accused in past of paid trolls (on enthusiast sites etc) no joke. Theres absolutely been Tacoma Works folks talkin BS on here thats well ! Im in automotive industry ..worked in the industry heavily ..in many aspects since age 23.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No evidence of that around here. But yes, time will tell.
Absolutely no evidence of that ..an why would it even be suggested? Ford trucks are rolling out ALL NEW F150 model next yr. Hybrid & all electric to follow! All New Rsnger a yr after that as '22 model. Our current Ranger design more than good enough for next 2yrs amongst competition. My '19 impresses me more & more having just hit 9k mis ..tonite. I've owned tons of trucks & SUVs. Mostly Ford but a few Chevy, 1 Toyota , 1 GMC.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think China will buy ford lol. Chrysler sold out to the Italian, maybe ford is next. They have big money riding on this ranger. I hope it beats all expectations.
Who in the hell knows. No Honda corporate paid plant or troll i don't think..altho the Japanese manufacturers have been accused in past of paid trolls (on enthusiast sites etc) no joke. Theres absolutely been Tacoma Works folks talkin BS on here thats well ! Im in automotive industry ..worked in the industry heavily ..in many aspects since age 23.
I can guarantee he isn't a Honda shill.:crackup:

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried one out before the ranger. (honda dealer two miles from me.) I also like everything about it BUT it just didn't push my "spend my money on it button" . got into the ranger and it felt like a truck supposed to .luckily I was trading a 17 Tacoma that sucked but had awesome trade in !!
Smart move. Ranger was better than all when I looked as well. Plus I always had great experience over 25yrs w/ Ford trucks . Enjoy!

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford wont go out of business or sell out
Haha not a chance. Its not even a thing. Its gonna be a very turbulent yr for ALL automakers make no mistake but as all in the industry know..I've worked in auto industry over 25yrs in many capacities for big companies.. Ford is healthy as any of Big6. They just always under scrutiny as a public traded Co . Altho very much family owned/controlled. They have some $38bil cash on hand an tons liquidity...I've heard. All new Bronco this summer. All new F150 next yr. All new Ranger in '22. All new '20 Explorer is outstanding thinking of getting an ST for fiance. #Ecoboost

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I think that we may eventually see Ford and GM merge. The air lines had to do it in order to survive, so it may have to happen in the auto industry as well. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I think that we may eventually see Ford and GM merge. The air lines had to do it in order to survive, so it may have to happen in the auto industry as well. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.
More likely Ford and Volkswagen Group. they have a partnership now where they are developing electric vehicles using VW's MEB platform and VW is investing in Ford's ARGO artificial intelligence startup.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If the F-150 sales slowdown, Ford is dead. The Ram has picked up many sales and even Chevy is starting to sell.
This has happened several times in the past, where GM's total truck sales, Chevrolet + GMC, have outsold total Ford and/or total F-150 sales.
Back in the Great Resession, 2008-2010, GM wrestled with downsizing the corporate portfolio, and it was decided then to drop Hummer, Pontiac, and Saturn. There could have been one argument for also dropping the Chevrolet-GMC co-branding of trucks and having all the remaining GM franchisees, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, able to carry the full line of trucks & suvs under the single GMC brand.
The decision ultimately was to keep co-branding the trucks Chevrolet and GMC, make GMC the upmarket brand and expand the portfolio to include compact and midsize SUVs, But had they dropped Chevy-branded trucks, the GMC brand would have taken the #1 selling truck nameplate crown most years since, and RAM would never have "outsold" GMC.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Ford has collaborated in the past to meet market demand...
Think Hyundai/Kia , Mazda, VW and more.
They have even wholly owned other makes.
Up until now they have not relinquished control of their business in any substantial way or for any large period of time.
I am confident in the long term viability of Ford Motor Company....:idea: not sure about how well they would do building office furniture.;)

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More likely Ford and Volkswagen Group. they have a partnership now where they are developing electric vehicles using VW's MEB platform and VW is investing in Ford's ARGO artificial intelligence startup.
Ford & VW group have quietly aligned already & may further deepen those ties in coming yrs. Ford & VW have history togethor most dont know. Btw, VW really, really wants the current or future Ranger platform to put out there own midsize variant! They know a great truck when they see one. Most likely Ford will build it for them @ their MAP facility (home of Ranger & '21 Bronco) in Wayne, Michigan.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could be right. I wasn't aware of VW's investment in Ford.
VW hasn't "invested" in Ford per say. It's a merger of sorts in a few key areas. They have history togethor. VW Is biggest auto Co in the world. Ford one of oldest. Both admire an respect eachother it's been said "around the industry". Expect much more in the future from this collab.
Sponsored