First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
I've always enjoyed sunroofs. My old Mercedes it was almost standard operating procedure for ignition then open sunroof.
I too have heard the bad things about F-150 sunroofs but the one truck I had with one did not have problems. If it was an option on a new vehicle I'd probably get it and take the risk that if I did still own the truck when started leaking 100k+ miles later, I'll get it fixed. Gotta love what you're driving, but that's just me.
As hot as it gets in the valley ? Oky doky. :sunglasses:
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I love my '19 Ranger Lariat but it has no sunroof. I live in Florida where the weather is great and am constantly wishing I had a sunroof. My next vehicle, Ranger or not, will definitely have one.
Just saw the new Maverick and it will have that option. What's up with that?
Come on Ford make a sunroof standard on the Lariat or at least optional on the 2022 Ranger! Please!
One of the reasons that I picked the Ranger is that sun/moon roofs are not standard on the high-end trims. They typically take up what is for me much-needed headroom and inevitably leak or stick at some point. If Ford wants to make them an add-on option for people who want them, that is fine by me, but don't make customers include something that we do not want to get something that we do. (I actually heard a Ford service technician explaining to a female customer that her sun roof would not get stuck so often if she would not leave it open so much!)

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
This is funny. On another forum I'm on, they're complaining about how useless they are, but are standard equipment.

I really miss not having one. This is my first new vehicle in over 35 years without one. None of my previous vehicles ever had a leak issue, but none were Fords. Does Ford have a bad rep with them?
I owned 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid with sunroof for 11 years and put 162k on it. No leak!

Custom Built

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4 Max
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Plus the Ranger was designed by the AU truck team and from my understanding cars with Sunroofs are no where near as popular there as they are elsewhere. So that may be another reason for the Ranger not having one on this body design.
Over here in Australia the Everest is the SUV version of the Ranger and comes with a sunroof standard on the higher spec models. Personally I have never heard of a sunroof leaking on any of these cars (not to say it doesn't happen), but I would love the huge sunroof on my next Ranger and those second row vents!

1624366800469.png

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Had one get dinged from a rock from a semi and it was fine for the next 10 seconds…. Then it shattered. I’m personally thankful I don’t have one now. Also very thankful I have a Ranger instead of my 17 Optima SX :rockon:
B439F7DF-612A-4057-89D9-BE7A7F27998E.jpeg
There’s a class action lawsuit on Kias for exploding sunroofs.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Over here in Australia the Everest is the SUV version of the Ranger and comes with a sunroof standard on the higher spec models. Personally I have never heard of a sunroof leaking on any of these cars (not to say it doesn't happen), but I would love the huge sunroof on my next Ranger and those second row vents!

1624366800469.png

Well you have to actually have rain for it to leak ?..

Joking aside in Houston Texas we get on average of nearly 50 inches ( 1,264 mm) of rain annually compared to you guys with only 12-16 inches ( 300-400mm). The sunroof drains here work overtime and can easily get overwhelmed if the sunroof glass seal allows excessive amounts of water past as in the case of my 2008 VW GTI.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
There’s a class action lawsuit on Kias for exploding sunroofs.
Mine was a 2017 so outside of that class action. I also had a rock about a half inch in diameter come up from a semi in a nice arc and smack it lol. Did I mention that I was in the next lane over and at probably a 20 degree angle to the semi? Was definitely a freak event.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well you have to actually have rain for it to leak ?..

Joking aside in Houston Texas we get on average of nearly 50 inches ( 1,264 mm) of rain annually compared to you guys with only 12-16 inches ( 300-400mm). The sunroof drains here work overtime and can easily get overwhelmed if the sunroof glass seal allows excessive amounts of water past as in the case of my 2008 VW GTI.
We average about 9 inches of rain on a good year and lately it's been less than that over here in the west valley. For some reason we get a lot less rain than the east valley. I can watch the storms roll in and break up once they're overhead. The sun is so hot here the last thing I want is more of it beating down on me while driving. It's hard enough to cool the truck off when it's 116 like it was all last week.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
We average about 9 inches of rain on a good year and lately it's been less than that over here in the west valley. For some reason we get a lot less rain than the east valley. I can watch the storms roll in and break up once they're overhead. The sun is so hot here the last thing I want is more of it beating down on me while driving. It's hard enough to cool the truck off when it's 116 like it was all last week.
68916510.jpg

I'd rather take 116 and ultra low humidity vs the 98-100F and average 70-80% humidity we have here. Nothing better than walking out after a brief shower and instantly soak your clothes with a gallon of sweat.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
68916510.jpg

I'd rather take 116 and ultra low humidity vs the 98-100F and average 70-80% humidity we have here. Nothing better than walking out after a brief shower and instantly soak your clothes with a gallon of sweat.
It is better than humidity. Some days it's tough to deal with like when you get up and it's already 90 at 4:30 am you know it's going to be a long hot day.

But I do remember those humid days at my parents house in FL. You'd get those afternoon thunderstorms and it was like walking into a sauna with your cloths on.
Sponsored