JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
I had no idea this was a possibility. I am getting a headache just thinking about which way to go..leave the black or take off. I am OCD, and even made the comment when I purchased my truck just last week that the black trim would probably fade with time, which I can't stand, so I will have to do some serious thinking. This is a great site to get familiar with all of your options and issues. Thanks
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had no idea this was a possibility. I am getting a headache just thinking about which way to go..leave the black or take off. I am OCD, and even made the comment when I purchased my truck just last week that the black trim would probably fade with time, which I can't stand, so I will have to do some serious thinking. This is a great site to get familiar with all of your options and issues. Thanks
If you're worried about fading just use some 303 Aerospace protectant on it. I hit mine twice a year with it and they still look brand new. I also do all the black plastic on top of the bed rails and rubber moldings around the windows. Trust me if it hasn't faded here it sure won't fade there. :D

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-aerospace-protectant/

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
To protect plastic parts use 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's hands down the best protectant you can use for UV protectant and it will not leave the surface all oily like Armor All does. I use it on my tonneau cover,top of the bed rails and all my interior. 303 has a lot of great automotive products.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-aerospace-protectant/
I will 2nd that. I have used it for years and it is much better than Armor All. It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. You can use it on the interior and exterior, best stuff out there. It won't stop the fading and you have to apply about every 10 days if you want to keep that look.

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I have the platinum white. Not sure which I like better. But, I sort of like the rough feeling of the blackout decal and it probably helps protect a high touch area. What to do, what to do.

I do know I'm ripping off the dealer free advertisement stick though! Hope it's not hard.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have the platinum white. Not sure which I like better. But, I sort of like the rough feeling of the blackout decal and it probably helps protect a high touch area. What to do, what to do.

I do know I'm ripping off the dealer free advertisement stick though! Hope it's not hard.
Tom, Just use a hair dryer and warm the sticker up first. Peel an edge at a 45 degree angle and hold the hair dryer behind it as you peel slowly and it'll come right off.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Your white rims look great too!
Thanks Tracy! Just good ol 16” Pacer brand steel wagon wheels. Not much heavier than the factory steelies (I think 3 lbs heavier if I recall correctly). Between those and my 70’s style saddle blanket seat covers, it’s more of a retro-mod vs resto-mod lol.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks Tracy! Just good ol 16” Pacer brand steel wagon wheels. Not much heavier than the factory steelies (I think 3 lbs heavier if I recall correctly). Between those and my 70’s style saddle blanket seat covers, it’s more of a retro-mod vs resto-mod lol.
I wonder if 16's will fit the Lariat, I don't know if we all have the same brakes.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Guess since I have the black appearance package, it would look odd to remove them. but its a great to know how to remove them if they get worn/faded.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Guess since I have the black appearance package, it would look odd to remove them. but its a great to know how to remove them if they get worn/faded.
Mine is garaged but when at work it's out in the blaring sun all day. The sun here destroys everything but I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on them and they still look brand new.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Well, you convinced me.

After back and forth and back and forth, I had an opportunity to pull them off without consequence. They look pretty good off!

Definitely personal preference.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Well, you convinced me.

After back and forth and back and forth, I had an opportunity to pull them off without consequence. They look pretty good off!

Definitely personal preference.
Looks like you went "back and forth " for a very long time, having responded to a two year old thread...
Wink.jpeg

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Yep, a lot of time, but not in distance. Barely over 11k miles.

Also, I am hearing that the newer Rangers might have plastic or no sticker at all. Unable to confirm though.

Oh no! another deleted item. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 :cool::);)🤓
Sponsored