Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Anthony,

Back Story.... Ford decided to compete for pickup truck support of Military vehicles. The F series folks came to me as I was managing Ford OffRoad Racing. So being in CAE at the time, my boss let me work with the Ford task force and we put together three F350 Crew Cab long wheel base vehicles, using off road parts that had been developed for Trophy/Trick Trucks. I got to flog these trucks on our off road course at the Romeo proving ground. These trucks on their big honkin' BFG kevlar tires rocked! So the Task force entered the competition and we kicked Dodge and Chevy's ass. I thought we would get the contract to build some 3000 of these trucks. Nope, some three star that liked Dodge sent us home. Really sucked that one person on his personal opinion would screw our superior in every category offering. But that is our Government... My opinion was Dodge bought him...JMO....

best,
Phil Schilk
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,

Know gov't purchasing well, handled quite a bit during my last 7 years of labor before retirement. Military procurement and the hoops were bad enough, but getting a final purchasing contract/agreement past anybody with an attitude...well, you know that story!!:crazy:

Advertisement

Advertisement