First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Yesterday was the second time in about two months that my center touch screen went "black" (like it had no power to it). Both times I was able to get it to come back on after stopping and shutting the truck off for 5 to 10 minutes and then restarting. When I stopped, shut the truck off, and then immediately restarted it, the screen remained "black". The truck had to be shut off of at least 5 minutes and then restarted to correct the problem. My truck is a 2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4. Have any of you experienced anything like this with your truck?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Mine has done it a few times when running Carplay.

If my phone is connected when I start the truck, I get the Ford logo screen and as soon as the system is booted and Carplay starts playing, sometimes the screen goes black.

I've been able to get it back by just pressing the Home button on the steering wheel.

A lot of the issues I was experiencing seem to be mostly resolved with IOS 14, the main one being that Waze now works properly (so far anyway)

Last edited:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I can always tell when I get an update because it resets my rear camera settings.
Sponsored