First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Say what? Wearing a uniform is demeaning, unless your in the military or law enforcement.
Hope you are joking.

Better look than "I just rolled of the couch" look.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Say what? Many employees find wearing a uniform is demeaning, unless your in the military or law enforcement.
Not all...I'd kill for one of these outfits ?
ferrari-458-italia-engine.jpg

en13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 2WD
Vehicle Showcase
Nice video thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Deleted member 1634

Hope you are joking.

Better look than "I just rolled of the couch" look.
But who cares. They're not interfacing with customers or anything that would require them to give off a certain type of appearance or persona. You wouldn't have even known they don't wear uniforms if they hadn't filmed this video, so it shouldn't change your perception of the work they do. In my mind a uniform in a manufacturing setting is good for not getting your personal clothes dirty or for differentiating the groups. At the manufacturing plant I work at the Technicians are in grey, Leads in blue, and QA in green for example. But some of them also wear their personal clothes, which is fine too. It doesn't degrade the quality of work they do. A uniform can take away your sense of self and personality, and turns you into just another certain colored shirt working on the floor, another number on the sheet. Not a name and a person different from the one standing next to you.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
i was hoping to see the jerk who installed my rear bumper off center by a half an inch....I coulda used face recognition software to send haunting messages to his family as payback.,

but I digress...isnt that the 2019 Ranger video just relabelled to 2020??
I do believe it is. Same Bat Channel.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
But who cares. They're not interfacing with customers or anything that would require them to give off a certain type of appearance or persona. You wouldn't have even known they don't wear uniforms if they hadn't filmed this video, so it shouldn't change your perception of the work they do. In my mind a uniform in a manufacturing setting is good for not getting your personal clothes dirty or for differentiating the groups. At the manufacturing plant I work at the Technicians are in grey, Leads in blue, and QA in green for example. But some of them also wear their personal clothes, which is fine too. It doesn't degrade the quality of work they do. A uniform can take away your sense of self and personality, and turns you into just another certain colored shirt working on the floor, another number on the sheet. Not a name and a person different from the one standing next to you.
Tom Brady wears a uniform.
He wears the same uniform as 45 other guys.
Does Tom Brady become just another drone?
Does anyone know what he does?
Why do teams, groups, organizations, armed forces wear uniforms? To show that this group is working toward one goal.
Why do cancer fund raising teams wear purple or pink shirts? To show that the group is supporting and working toward a goal. A poorly dressed team can win. But a great team that also looks the part can achieve more. The common uniform also gives the opponent a sense that who I am competing against is organized, drilled and ready to win. Sometimes this physiological edge can make a difference.

In a manufacturing plant, a team in uniform can help give a positive impression to customers who tour the plant. How clean and organized a plant is, how the team who runs the plant, acts and looks, plays a part. The plant I work at has won a Volvo contract after plant tours were made between a Michelin plant and our Bridgestone plant. The customer said the plant tour showed the people behind the numbers. Our plant impressed them to no end. The comment was " They had never seen a plant that looks so good nor people that were so eager to share information on the tour. Our team has always worn uniforms. At one time all wore the same shirt. Staff and hourly.
Over time we have been allowed to have more variety but the shirt colors fall within Bridgestone colors. (Black, White, Red). We also have blue which is for Bridgestone Golf. Employees get $150 each years to spend on safety shoes and /or uniforms which include options on jackets, sweat shirts, etc. Hourly can wear Bridgestone T shirts but staff can not, they must have a collar. Hourly can pick collars also, up to them. So we all do not have the same shirts, but we all wear a Bridgestone approved uniform. Yes, in a big plant, contractors also pick a color that their Team Members wear for easy identification.

Everyone can have an opinion on this and no one will be wrong, but I disagree with your view, but respect your view.

PS. Hourly can also add Union name below Bridgestone logo. Paid for using the $150. Some do, some do not.

9B6BBD96-8705-4EC2-A054-B3533E4223B9.jpeg

637C9B96-59F4-4780-9360-1795B4E7351B.jpeg

6249726A-57D0-416F-9326-026FA78265E6.jpeg

E23211E3-1639-4BCD-8983-60208B659830.png

6BE18240-AF84-4FC5-9B1C-F8663BB1F97E.png

79028340-6129-4400-BAFA-61E79A641C6C.jpeg

Last edited:

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Not all...I'd kill for one of these outfits

The uniform or the engine?

I wore a white coat at work for 30 years, albeit with my own clothes underneath. Never thought twice about it really.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Isn't T-shirt and jeans the American Uniform?
Yes, and that us what we wear.
But similar T shirts.
The Ford video shows guy in gray sweat pant, T shirts that are not close in color. Some have nice work clothes but nothing matches.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and that us what we wear.
But similar T shirts.
The Ford video shows guy in gray sweat pant, T shirts that are not close in color. Some have nice work clothes but nothing matches.
That is one reason why I joined the Army instead of the Navy. If you want me to wear a uniform, you have to buy it for me. If you are making fashion choices for me and insist I wear them, I'll be damned if that is coming out of MY pocket!
:crackup:
Sponsored