Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and that us what we wear.
But similar T shirts.
The Ford video shows guy in gray sweat pant, T shirts that are not close in color. Some have nice work clothes but nothing matches.
That is one reason why I joined the Army instead of the Navy. If you want me to wear a uniform, you have to buy it for me. If you are making fashion choices for me and insist I wear them, I'll be damned if that is coming out of MY pocket!
:crackup:

Advertisement

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I worked at a major aerospace company that makes fighter jets. The workers there dressed similar to the ones in the Ford video. It doesn't mean they don't have pride in what they do. Customers toured the plant often, was never an issue.

RANGER PRIDE

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
a uniform brings a certain level of professionalism.
unfortunately it stomps on people being an "individual"

I worked at a company who brought in uniforms at one point....all the old timers cried foul.
any new employee wore it with pride.

Its all about how you portray the uniform. who's it for and why?

If you deal with the public, a uniform is professional. Much more so than Jimmy wearing his worn our iron maiden concert shirt. If you dont work with the public theres many options to be presentable but not full on uniform status.

I get that comfort is a huge factor for a day of work.

Ive always advocated for a range of clothing options when a uniform is put on the table. One single option wont fit a large range of employees.

I suggested once that the employees could supply their favorite shirt style in the company colors and the logo can be printed on it. kinda solves many issues in one shot.

Working for myself, I have a company shirt I made and wear with pride while contracting. It lets my customers know who I am. And then I hand them out as advertising

railroaddean

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
i was hoping to see the jerk who installed my rear bumper off center by a half an inch....I coulda used face recognition software to send haunting messages to his family as payback.,

but I digress...isnt that the 2019 Ranger video just relabelled to 2020??
I was waiting to see who installed the leveling shim under my truck's driver's side leaf spring?

Racket

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew, Magnetic. UPR dual vacuum oil catch can, Magnaflow Exhaust, GFB DV+, Custom Unleashed Tune
I was looking for areas to apply additional noise dampening. The inside of the roof leapt out at me.

zhuskers1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Thanks for sharing! How many rucks a day can the plant produce?

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Master Mechanic and Fabricator
My vote is for Canadian Tuxedo for uniforms. Make the process of rewriting negotiated Ford-UAW Union Contracts worth the hassle in the end.