New Ranger is turning heads - literally

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
My neighbor 2 blocks away turned my head with his gray xlt because it was the first on the road I had seen last spring .. Though I had been to the dealer and ordered mine you do not forget the first 5G road Ranger you see .. I kept thinking it was just a F 150 . Still turn my head daily as I go by his truck . Funny we both got Supercabs ; now all I see are crewcabs . Do not know if my Ranger turns heads because I just stare at the Saber color paint as I drive .
Sponsored

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Was just in Atlanta last weekend.
A storm cell opened with hail right over my son's house...truck was outside.
We took some small dents in the tonneau cover, but none to the truck itself. I'm counting myself lucky.
The curse persists...whenever we visit Atlanta....rain.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I had a metallic red 93 5spd manny with a 4cyl engine. Tan cloth interior. Only addition I put on it was a plastic ABS truck Box that sat flush and chrome bed rails.

I was still getting compliments and offers to buy that Ranger in 2000 when I bought my Xterra. Traded it in with 114,000 on the ODO and got $3,600 for it. That's like $6,000 to $8,000 today, It was a head turning truck from the word go. It's in your trucks DNA.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Picked up dinner at a local restaurant Sunday and received compliments on the Saber color from a couple parked next to me.
Later that night drove to the car wash. As I was driving in with my Saber CC Lariat, a White CC Lariat was driving out. We both did a slo-mo as we checked each other out.
I have only seen 1 other Saber in my area.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
They no longer turn heads here, the problem was they were sooo damm good looking, and nice to drive, that they sold in droves from day one, even toppling the mighty Toyota Hilux (Which has some sort of mythical status here) from the country's best selling vehicle some months, despite Ford charging a premium for them.

So now 10 years later they're really common, and no one pays attention unless it's a nicely tricked up example or has a 12" lift or something.

Funny thing is though, even though they are so common now, if you own one, and mine is still pretty much stock, apart from the bar work and canopy, people still walk up to you and say "nice truck"
I am personally hoping the U.S. sales numbers stay around the 100k mark. I have had mine almost a year and it is still very much unique in my area. With the new F-150 coming and the highly anticipated Bronco, I think the Ranger will be a 90k-100k annual seller here in the states. On topic, yes I have also gotten many compliments. Even had the UPS guy, who is a die hard Chevy guy, give me multiple "that's a damn sharp truck".

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have a similar story. I bought my Ranger yesterday. On the way home I stopped at the gas station/convince store by my house to buy a soda. I parked in front between the store and the gas pumps. As I got in my truck a guy in a SUV pulled up real close to me between the pumps and my car making a tight fit. Kind of pissed me off at first because I thought he was just being a jerk for some reason as there were other pumps he could have used.

Anyway, I started to pull away to give him more space and he signaled for me to roll the window down. He asked me if this was the new Ford Ranger which I confirmed and he told me how great it looked. We chatted about it for a bit before I left. I don't buy vehicles to get compliments, I buy them for being practical and fit my needs. But I won't lie, it felt pretty cool to have someone say that literally a few hours after I bought it.

Last edited:

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Mine gets the head turn and darn near everytime I fill up someone says "Is that the new Ranger?" and I instantly turn into a Ford Salesman ?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
i expanded the video, enhanced the sound, and used facial recognition software, and it helped me come to the conclusion, he was not turning his head in amazement, but yelling at you to "slow the F down, its a construction zone"
his words, not mine
I ran it through some advanced AI lip reading software and it came out with "I've got a boner."

Hahah. I've gotten a few looks an comments at the gas station.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Mine gets the head turn and darn near everytime I fill up someone says "Is that the new Ranger?" and I instantly turn into a Ford Salesman ?
The "new" Ranger filled a real gap in 1 ton pickup sales here, before the Ranger you could only get smaller utes, like the previous Mazda based diesel Ford ranger, and its Mazda BT50 twin,
(which I think you never saw in the US) or the Hilux or Isuzu based utes. The other extreme was to lash out on an F250 or Dodge Ram both of which are hard to find, and really expensive here because they are imported in LHD form, and then locally converted to RHD.

Ford Australia saw a gap in the market and filled it nicely. We also get the Mazda BT 50 version which is based on the Ranger chassis, power train, and body shell but with Mazda designed sheet metal and interior. They don't sell in as big a number because the first versions were kinda unusually styled.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
No lie, this literally just happened. I was waiting in the truck while my husband went in the store to get ice cream. I was looking at my phone when I heard a voice yell "That's a good-looking Ranger!". I looked up and a young man, about 30, was crossing the parking lot with his son and he was smiling ear to ear! Asked me all about it. Said he had test driven one a while back & liked it's power. We talked about 15 min. He loved the Saber color. It was the first one he had seen. He said he had to have one of these Rangers! I recommended he look up the Ranger 5G Forum. He could get alot of good information & see all the cool mods you guys have made! Anyway, it made my day. Always does! Also, he saw my little Hot Wheels Saber Ranger that I got from Surfink, & REALLY liked that! :turkey: :sun:
Sponsored