First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 for ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Show us the Rockville sub... Stock speakers? How is sound?
[/QUOTE]
I added 2 photos after the main post of mine here with the sub. It sounds great and doesn't take up alot of room. I'm 6'5" so I have to clear my legs and I have plenty of room myself.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
A Little Late to the party but thought I would post and say hello

Former Auto Tech and past 30 years have been an Aviation Tech (commercial) traveled around the world chasing the dream and money for this career and love it

2022 Lariat Owner Screw - Cactus Gray

6 weeks of ownership here and mods and things done so far

1. Hood Struts - Redline Tuning - I had hood prop
2. Tailgate Damper - I did not get a T-Shirt :mad: KOOL CLUB
3. Sequential Turn Led's - Mirror (smoked) adds a little flare, but spent money on a light I can't see when turning (on-Coming) traffic visual enjoyment only:D
4. Line-X - Bed Liner
5. Undercover - Armor Flex -Tonneau Cover
6. Husky Floor Liners - X-Act Contours
7. Added Rear Folding Headrests - Better View out of rear glass
8. TM Switch and associated ForScan Mod
9. AVS Bugflector 2 - Bug Deflector, seams to help keep bugs off windshield as prior to the mod I was always cleaning it - Have not had too yet anyways
10. Performed Brake System Bleed, no more mushy brake feel, plan to do it again to see if I can make them better (firmer) since dealer (x2) stated that they were normal (I got a ton of air out of R/Rear Caliper) - Did it myself - Thanks Ford for providing customer support for a possible deadly issue
11. Added Missing Tie Downs (Middle Ones)
12. Added Elec tape to front seat headrest (rods) to stop them from raising up on their own, providing more resistance to them (out of sight) and can still be raised if needed
13. Cup Hero - set of mats for cubbies
14. OEM - Owner's Manual Case - I got a Great Value - Zip-Lock Bag with manuals inside?
Laughed when I opened glovebox (Really Ford) Cost cutting this much
15. 303'd the exterior and interior, have not noted water spots after rain so Like It
16 . Forscan Mods - Heated Seat Icon-TPMS Recommended PSI - Bambi Mode-Sel Drive Mode - Off-Road Gauges-Panic Alarm (2x) Press

Mods to Come:

Not Proud Member of the LED Delete Club - I did not want to join this for only a $500 credit

1. Swap out Halo's for as ordered Lariat with LED Headlight / Foglight Assemblies (ordered)
2. Running Boards - Go Rhino RB20 Slims (???) Have not decided on brand/type yet
3. Upgrade Shocks (???) - somewhat bouncy/dippy around tight corners (4600 or 5100)
4. Add Seat Jackers or Mod driver's seat cushion to get a comfortable driving experience. as I am constantly adjusting seat (???)
5. Upgrade B&O Sub (???) coming from a car that had a 12 in sub in the trunk, Truck has limited options for this, maybe latter down the road (IDK)
6. Crossbed Divider - to stop groceries from sliding forward - Thinking a 2x6 or 2x12, something that is easily removable
7. Tie into front USB Module and extend it to glovebox for hidden Ipod and still have front 2 ports available
8. Tailgate Lettering
9 Door Sill Protection
10. Window Tint (Front Door Windows)
11. Add Brighter - Floor Lighting to a separate source (Ambiant Factory Lighting) is POOR even at brightest setting, a match provides more light output also tie in cupholder/ front cubby lighting, dimmable on these as they will be lit while driving, possibly tie into existing source (IDK)

Overall Experience:
1. First Truck Owner, First New Vehicle. - Love It, Cactus Gray Color gets some attention. It's a Love it or Hate it color- I had a hard time choosing between Velocity Blue or Cactus Gray
I would say 50/50 on comments about the color (wife hates it):crazy:
2. Difference between Drive & Sport Mode - Wow what a difference Sport Mode makes
3. Headlight LED Delete, depressing but fixable - with my upcoming swap
4. Driver's Seat is my main complaint, still uncomfortable but slowly adjusting and dialing it in.
5. Climate Control's - Could be better accessible, while driving, no easy way to do it without taking your eyes off the road to focus on the temp or fan speed (up and down arrows)
6. Garage Door opener - hard to find in dark, have not pinpointed where it is by memory yet
7. Factory Fogs - I get flashed when I have them on with Lo-Beams, coming from a car that was low to the ground, not used to this
8. Decent Gas Milage (MPG) average around 19-21 city/country roads (87 Octane)
9, Excited about dipping my toes in the off-roading experience, baby steps of course, just a little mud action will do and move up from there

There is a wealth of information here and happy to join the forum

Thanks
Calling @AzScorpion! This man needs a t-shirt! :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A Little Late to the party but thought I would post and say hello

Former Auto Tech and past 30 years have been an Aviation Tech (commercial) traveled around the world chasing the dream and money for this career and love it

2022 Lariat Owner Screw - Cactus Gray

6 weeks of ownership here and mods and things done so far

1. Hood Struts - Redline Tuning - I had hood prop
2. Tailgate Damper - I did not get a T-Shirt :mad: KOOL CLUB
3. Sequential Turn Led's - Mirror (smoked) adds a little flare, but spent money on a light I can't see when turning (on-Coming) traffic visual enjoyment only:D
4. Line-X - Bed Liner
5. Undercover - Armor Flex -Tonneau Cover
6. Husky Floor Liners - X-Act Contours
7. Added Rear Folding Headrests - Better View out of rear glass
8. TM Switch and associated ForScan Mod
9. AVS Bugflector 2 - Bug Deflector, seams to help keep bugs off windshield as prior to the mod I was always cleaning it - Have not had too yet anyways
10. Performed Brake System Bleed, no more mushy brake feel, plan to do it again to see if I can make them better (firmer) since dealer (x2) stated that they were normal (I got a ton of air out of R/Rear Caliper) - Did it myself - Thanks Ford for providing customer support for a possible deadly issue
11. Added Missing Tie Downs (Middle Ones)
12. Added Elec tape to front seat headrest (rods) to stop them from raising up on their own, providing more resistance to them (out of sight) and can still be raised if needed
13. Cup Hero - set of mats for cubbies
14. OEM - Owner's Manual Case - I got a Great Value - Zip-Lock Bag with manuals inside?
Laughed when I opened glovebox (Really Ford) Cost cutting this much
15. 303'd the exterior and interior, have not noted water spots after rain so Like It
16 . Forscan Mods - Heated Seat Icon-TPMS Recommended PSI - Bambi Mode-Sel Drive Mode - Off-Road Gauges-Panic Alarm (2x) Press

Mods to Come:

Not Proud Member of the LED Delete Club - I did not want to join this for only a $500 credit

1. Swap out Halo's for as ordered Lariat with LED Headlight / Foglight Assemblies (ordered)
2. Running Boards - Go Rhino RB20 Slims (???) Have not decided on brand/type yet
3. Upgrade Shocks (???) - somewhat bouncy/dippy around tight corners (4600 or 5100)
4. Add Seat Jackers or Mod driver's seat cushion to get a comfortable driving experience. as I am constantly adjusting seat (???)
5. Upgrade B&O Sub (???) coming from a car that had a 12 in sub in the trunk, Truck has limited options for this, maybe latter down the road (IDK)
6. Crossbed Divider - to stop groceries from sliding forward - Thinking a 2x6 or 2x12, something that is easily removable
7. Tie into front USB Module and extend it to glovebox for hidden Ipod and still have front 2 ports available
8. Tailgate Lettering
9 Door Sill Protection
10. Window Tint (Front Door Windows)
11. Add Brighter - Floor Lighting to a separate source (Ambiant Factory Lighting) is POOR even at brightest setting, a match provides more light output also tie in cupholder/ front cubby lighting, dimmable on these as they will be lit while driving, possibly tie into existing source (IDK)

Overall Experience:
1. First Truck Owner, First New Vehicle. - Love It, Cactus Gray Color gets some attention. It's a Love it or Hate it color- I had a hard time choosing between Velocity Blue or Cactus Gray
I would say 50/50 on comments about the color (wife hates it):crazy:
2. Difference between Drive & Sport Mode - Wow what a difference Sport Mode makes
3. Headlight LED Delete, depressing but fixable - with my upcoming swap
4. Driver's Seat is my main complaint, still uncomfortable but slowly adjusting and dialing it in.
5. Climate Control's - Could be better accessible, while driving, no easy way to do it without taking your eyes off the road to focus on the temp or fan speed (up and down arrows)
6. Garage Door opener - hard to find in dark, have not pinpointed where it is by memory yet
7. Factory Fogs - I get flashed when I have them on with Lo-Beams, coming from a car that was low to the ground, not used to this
8. Decent Gas Milage (MPG) average around 19-21 city/country roads (87 Octane)
9, Excited about dipping my toes in the off-roading experience, baby steps of course, just a little mud action will do and move up from there

There is a wealth of information here and happy to join the forum

Thanks
Sorry I've been away for a while and still a little rusty. ?

Welcome to the club! ?

The Kool Damper Klub2.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Woops.. looked like I skipped over this..

Currently I don't have a Ranger! I drive an Escape and came here looking for info on the change to a Ranger .. hopefully it's the right place!
Welcome Kevan! You're definitely in the right place if you want to drain your bank accounts. ?

Seriously though there's a ton of info here and if you use the search bar it's best to use the Google tab for best results.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Currently I don't have a Ranger! I drive an Escape and came here looking for info on the change to a Ranger .. hopefully it's the right place!
Welcome!

Definitely the right place Kevan, which you’ve likely already figured out by the responses to your other post.

Plenty of advice here and some of it can even be trusted. ;)

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Hey, Kevan, we will be happy to help you plot your "escape" to a Ranger, but it will cost you (the mods, I mean)...

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Hello everyone! Been lurking on the site since I ordered my Ranger back in March. It finally came in about a month ago so I officially joined the site. Loving it so far. This is a picture of it the day it came in parked next to my old Ranger I traded in.
8C0EE998-BE2A-496C-A365-78939E6E6C18.jpeg
And you got the best color!!!!! Enjoy!

Jealous. Mine will be here one day. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly. Sigh...
:frown:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Kevan

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2014 SE 1.6l
Occupation
Full Stack Developer
Hey, Kevan, we will be happy to help you plot your "escape" to a Ranger, but it will cost you (the mods, I mean)...
Haha well.. planning to keep things pretty basic. I don't want the FX4 package - it's mostly for hauling, towing and long trips. Got a little one so the things I'd likely want to improve:

Horsepower - possible to get 300hp out of it rather than 270 maybe?
Ride - better shocks or whatever is needed
Anti-Rust - do they struggle with rusting out from what you all have seen? Is there a recommended undercoat?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Haha well.. planning to keep things pretty basic. I don't want the FX4 package - it's mostly for hauling, towing and long trips. Got a little one so the things I'd likely want to improve:

Anti-Rust - do they struggle with rusting out from what you all have seen? Is there a recommended undercoat?
HP? —- tune, catback - sure to get you over 300
Ride? —- any of the big three shock brands will do it
Anti-rust —- Krown, others, diy, take your pick, mine’s untreated and is fine

Kevan

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2014 SE 1.6l
Occupation
Full Stack Developer
HP? —- tune, catback - sure to get you over 300
Ride? —- any of the big three shock brands will do it
Anti-rust —- Krown, others, diy, take your pick, mine’s untreated and is fine
Good to know - thanks!

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers

I would say I've really enjoyed the Adaptive Cruise Control on long trips.
Sponsored