Sponsored

New Members Introduce Yourself!

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Hi all, Matt here. Been driving toyota, Looking into somehting different. So Ford pickup, probably ranger, and what accessories to add and upgrade.
Welcome Matt. There's a lot of info on here (sometimes to much lol) for you to dive into and many willing to help answer any questions. Try the search bar first and use the Google tab as it will give you better results. If you can find one you should take a Ranger for a test drive, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know I was and it's become my favorite truck that I've owned.
 

coyote5.0man

Active Member
First Name
Trent
Joined
May 25, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
25
Reaction score
43
Location
Mount Pleasant MI
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2022 Ranger lariat FX4 BO
Occupation
Network engineer
Hi, my name is Trent and I am 40 years old. I have been a diehard Ford guy my entire life. I have 2014 Mustang GT TP 6 speed Sunday driver. I just turned 22,000 miles on it and it is still a lot of fun. I am loving my new Ranger but I a few questions that I will be asking in the tech forum.
 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hi, my name is Trent and I am 40 years old. I have been a diehard Ford guy my entire life. I have 2014 Mustang GT TP 6 speed Sunday driver. I just turned 22,000 miles on it and it is still a lot of fun. I am loving my new Ranger but I a few questions that I will be asking in the tech forum.
Hi Trent,

There are many folks here that can answer your questions or point you in the correct direction.
Enjoy your Ranger! It has a proud hertiage of being Ford Tough.

Best,
Phil
 

Simon Says

Well-Known Member
First Name
Simon
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
48
Reaction score
133
Location
Quebec, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP / 2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Peace officer
Hi everyone, my name is Simon, im 31 and live in Quebec Canada. I've been reading on this forum for a while but only decided recently to become a member.

I'm actually waiting for my '22 ranger Tremor, first ETA 05/25 - 05/31. It will be my first truck ever, only had cars in the past. I started ordering a Bronco in August 2021, but after reading a lot on bronco6g, i changed my mind because of it had so many first gen problems. The one that really made me reconsider was the valve problem on the 2.7. So on january 27th, i ordered a Tremor. Did not want a Jeep, so a Tremor seemed to be the best alternative to keep that off-road capability i was looking for. The dealer received my 2-door black diamond Bronco 2.7 in April. I almost flipped when i saw it, but i resisted the temptation. In the end, the ranger will be a better daily driver, more reliable and more practical.

So here i am, waiting for it soon to be delivered. I will change my 2019 Mazda3 for it and keep my 2016 mustang GT PP.

So ordered Xlt Tremor 301A on January 27th.

Blend date : 04/09

ETA : 05/25 - 05/31. Won't be surprised if i get pushed a few times. Seems ton be what is happening to everyone.

Just here a picture of my Mustang while on a road trip to Cape Cod. This was taken on the so much fun Kancagamus Highway in New Hampshire. 6th year of ownership, still giving me the smile, everytime.

IMG_20190729_211751_104.jpg
 


Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,897
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hi everyone, my name is Simon, im 31 and live in Quebec Canada. I've been reading on this forum for a while but only decided recently to become a member.

I'm actually waiting for my '22 ranger Tremor, first ETA 05/25 - 05/31. It will be my first truck ever, only had cars in the past. I started ordering a Bronco in August 2021, but after reading a lot on bronco6g, i changed my mind because of it had so many first gen problems. The one that really made me reconsider was the valve problem on the 2.7. So on january 27th, i ordered a Tremor. Did not want a Jeep, so a Tremor seemed to be the best alternative to keep that off-road capability i was looking for. The dealer received my 2-door black diamond Bronco 2.7 in April. I almost flipped when i saw it, but i resisted the temptation. In the end, the ranger will be a better daily driver, more reliable and more practical.

So here i am, waiting for it soon to be delivered. I will change my 2019 Mazda3 for it and keep my 2016 mustang GT PP.

So ordered Xlt Tremor 301A on January 27th.

Blend date : 04/09

ETA : 05/25 - 05/31. Won't be surprised if i get pushed a few times. Seems ton be what is happening to everyone.

Just here a picture of my Mustang while on a road trip to Cape Cod. This was taken on the so much fun Kancagamus Highway in New Hampshire. 6th year of ownership, still giving me the smile, everytime.

IMG_20190729_211751_104.jpg
Welcome, nice mustang!
Hope your Ranger shows up soon. Brian
 

BobMac

Active Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 26, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
40
Reaction score
269
Location
NE NC
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy
Ok I will get up and say Hi to everyone. Been looking around and see a lot of good stuff here.
looking hard at the beach on the outer banks here in NC, can’t wait to get out there.
3A3CBAFB-DAC3-4B1A-8281-83955FAD58A1.jpeg
 

Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi everyone, my name is Simon, im 31 and live in Quebec Canada. I've been reading on this forum for a while but only decided recently to become a member.

I'm actually waiting for my '22 ranger Tremor, first ETA 05/25 - 05/31. It will be my first truck ever, only had cars in the past. I started ordering a Bronco in August 2021, but after reading a lot on bronco6g, i changed my mind because of it had so many first gen problems. The one that really made me reconsider was the valve problem on the 2.7. So on january 27th, i ordered a Tremor. Did not want a Jeep, so a Tremor seemed to be the best alternative to keep that off-road capability i was looking for. The dealer received my 2-door black diamond Bronco 2.7 in April. I almost flipped when i saw it, but i resisted the temptation. In the end, the ranger will be a better daily driver, more reliable and more practical.

So here i am, waiting for it soon to be delivered. I will change my 2019 Mazda3 for it and keep my 2016 mustang GT PP.

So ordered Xlt Tremor 301A on January 27th.

Blend date : 04/09

ETA : 05/25 - 05/31. Won't be surprised if i get pushed a few times. Seems ton be what is happening to everyone.

Just here a picture of my Mustang while on a road trip to Cape Cod. This was taken on the so much fun Kancagamus Highway in New Hampshire. 6th year of ownership, still giving me the smile, everytime.

IMG_20190729_211751_104.jpg
Welcome, Simon!
 

Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Ok I will get up and say Hi to everyone. Been looking around and see a lot of good stuff here.
looking hard at the beach on the outer banks here in NC, can’t wait to get out there.
3A3CBAFB-DAC3-4B1A-8281-83955FAD58A1.jpeg
Welcome, Bob! Great-looking Ranger!!!
 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hi everyone, my name is Simon, im 31 and live in Quebec Canada. I've been reading on this forum for a while but only decided recently to become a member.

I'm actually waiting for my '22 ranger Tremor, first ETA 05/25 - 05/31. It will be my first truck ever, only had cars in the past. I started ordering a Bronco in August 2021, but after reading a lot on bronco6g, i changed my mind because of it had so many first gen problems. The one that really made me reconsider was the valve problem on the 2.7. So on january 27th, i ordered a Tremor. Did not want a Jeep, so a Tremor seemed to be the best alternative to keep that off-road capability i was looking for. The dealer received my 2-door black diamond Bronco 2.7 in April. I almost flipped when i saw it, but i resisted the temptation. In the end, the ranger will be a better daily driver, more reliable and more practical.

So here i am, waiting for it soon to be delivered. I will change my 2019 Mazda3 for it and keep my 2016 mustang GT PP.

So ordered Xlt Tremor 301A on January 27th.

Blend date : 04/09

ETA : 05/25 - 05/31. Won't be surprised if i get pushed a few times. Seems ton be what is happening to everyone.

Just here a picture of my Mustang while on a road trip to Cape Cod. This was taken on the so much fun Kancagamus Highway in New Hampshire. 6th year of ownership, still giving me the smile, everytime.

IMG_20190729_211751_104.jpg
Hi Simon

Hope your Ranger delivers similar smiles per gallon to your Mustang!

The Ranger has a heritage of being Ford Tough!

Best,
Phil
 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Ok I will get up and say Hi to everyone. Been looking around and see a lot of good stuff here.
looking hard at the beach on the outer banks here in NC, can’t wait to get out there.
3A3CBAFB-DAC3-4B1A-8281-83955FAD58A1.jpeg
Hi Bob,

Great looking Ranger! It has a proud heritage of being Ford Tough!

Best,
Phil
 

Pickled Ginger

New Member
First Name
Mari
Joined
May 25, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
9
Location
Seattle, WA
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Hi hello, name's Mari. I've been lurking on this forum for couple weeks now, but I thought I should come clean. I'm part of the engineering team that works closely with the Ranger model, but I'm not with Ford. I'm one of the very few who speak English in my office and I was tasked to research what common folks are saying about the vehicle (like what y'all hoping to see in future models and such). Not here to sell anything, just trying to be a more curious, imaginative engineer and learn what people care about in a vehicle, is all.

I just want to say hi because searching for info on this forum has brought me so much joy at work. Y'all seem very tight knit and I'm envious of that connection that y'all have been building over shared love for Ranger. My favorite threads gotta be the ones where people give updates on modifications that they did on their Rangers, and the road trip journals.

If this warrants me being banned from the forum I can totally understand. Just want to say hi. (Not sure what the etiquette here - do I admit it? Do I just keep lurking? Only one way to find out haha.)

That being said unfortunately I do not own any Ford vehicle (yet?) - although I do collect Ford Hot Wheels. Also I'm not in Seattle although I used to live there for a while. If any of you works adjacent with Ford and has a vague idea of where I work, I would appreciate it if you keep the guesses to yourself. I know y'all are pretty open about where you work, but where I am people care a little bit about keeping the company's good name and all that, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here (from my company's perspective). I'm open to conversing, especially with fellow engineers, though - this is only my 3rd year working as an engineer and I admit there are still many things that I don't know, so wisdom from senior engineers is very much appreciated. I know Phil's name shows up a lot in the threads that I read, would love to meet more if can. Cheers.
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi hello, name's Mari. I've been lurking on this forum for couple weeks now, but I thought I should come clean. I'm part of the engineering team that works closely with the Ranger model, but I'm not with Ford. I'm one of the very few who speak English in my office and I was tasked to research what common folks are saying about the vehicle (like what y'all hoping to see in future models and such). Not here to sell anything, just trying to be a more curious, imaginative engineer and learn what people care about in a vehicle, is all.

I just want to say hi because searching for info on this forum has brought me so much joy at work. Y'all seem very tight knit and I'm envious of that connection that y'all have been building over shared love for Ranger. My favorite threads gotta be the ones where people give updates on modifications that they did on their Rangers, and the road trip journals.

If this warrants me being banned from the forum I can totally understand. Just want to say hi. (Not sure what the etiquette here - do I admit it? Do I just keep lurking? Only one way to find out haha.)

That being said unfortunately I do not own any Ford vehicle (yet?) - although I do collect Ford Hot Wheels. Also I'm not in Seattle although I used to live there for a while. If any of you works adjacent with Ford and has a vague idea of where I work, I would appreciate it if you keep the guesses to yourself. I know y'all are pretty open about where you work, but where I am people care a little bit about keeping the company's good name and all that, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here (from my company's perspective). I'm open to conversing, especially with fellow engineers, though - this is only my 3rd year working as an engineer and I admit there are still many things that I don't know, so wisdom from senior engineers is very much appreciated. I know Phil's name shows up a lot in the threads that I read, would love to meet more if can. Cheers.
Hi Mari, I do not see any harm in you being a member and looking for info and learning about Rangers. That is what most of us are doing here, in general. I am not a moderator or admin but I doubt that you are breaking any rules by reading or commenting in the forum. Besides, you may have some great input to share with the group. I loved hot wheels as a kid and still have a few. Welcome!
 

Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi hello, name's Mari. I've been lurking on this forum for couple weeks now, but I thought I should come clean. I'm part of the engineering team that works closely with the Ranger model, but I'm not with Ford. I'm one of the very few who speak English in my office and I was tasked to research what common folks are saying about the vehicle (like what y'all hoping to see in future models and such). Not here to sell anything, just trying to be a more curious, imaginative engineer and learn what people care about in a vehicle, is all.

I just want to say hi because searching for info on this forum has brought me so much joy at work. Y'all seem very tight knit and I'm envious of that connection that y'all have been building over shared love for Ranger. My favorite threads gotta be the ones where people give updates on modifications that they did on their Rangers, and the road trip journals.

If this warrants me being banned from the forum I can totally understand. Just want to say hi. (Not sure what the etiquette here - do I admit it? Do I just keep lurking? Only one way to find out haha.)

That being said unfortunately I do not own any Ford vehicle (yet?) - although I do collect Ford Hot Wheels. Also I'm not in Seattle although I used to live there for a while. If any of you works adjacent with Ford and has a vague idea of where I work, I would appreciate it if you keep the guesses to yourself. I know y'all are pretty open about where you work, but where I am people care a little bit about keeping the company's good name and all that, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here (from my company's perspective). I'm open to conversing, especially with fellow engineers, though - this is only my 3rd year working as an engineer and I admit there are still many things that I don't know, so wisdom from senior engineers is very much appreciated. I know Phil's name shows up a lot in the threads that I read, would love to meet more if can. Cheers.
Welcome, Mari!
 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hi hello, name's Mari. I've been lurking on this forum for couple weeks now, but I thought I should come clean. I'm part of the engineering team that works closely with the Ranger model, but I'm not with Ford. I'm one of the very few who speak English in my office and I was tasked to research what common folks are saying about the vehicle (like what y'all hoping to see in future models and such). Not here to sell anything, just trying to be a more curious, imaginative engineer and learn what people care about in a vehicle, is all.

I just want to say hi because searching for info on this forum has brought me so much joy at work. Y'all seem very tight knit and I'm envious of that connection that y'all have been building over shared love for Ranger. My favorite threads gotta be the ones where people give updates on modifications that they did on their Rangers, and the road trip journals.

If this warrants me being banned from the forum I can totally understand. Just want to say hi. (Not sure what the etiquette here - do I admit it? Do I just keep lurking? Only one way to find out haha.)

That being said unfortunately I do not own any Ford vehicle (yet?) - although I do collect Ford Hot Wheels. Also I'm not in Seattle although I used to live there for a while. If any of you works adjacent with Ford and has a vague idea of where I work, I would appreciate it if you keep the guesses to yourself. I know y'all are pretty open about where you work, but where I am people care a little bit about keeping the company's good name and all that, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here (from my company's perspective). I'm open to conversing, especially with fellow engineers, though - this is only my 3rd year working as an engineer and I admit there are still many things that I don't know, so wisdom from senior engineers is very much appreciated. I know Phil's name shows up a lot in the threads that I read, would love to meet more if can. Cheers.
Hi Mari,

I am here and will be happy to converse with you on these forums. I will not do PM as I want all forum members to see the dialog as they can learn or offer their differing opinion. I am not going to guess who or where or what your company is. I have 30 years of Ford Engineering Experience and there are quite a few back stories on these forums which I have told to show some of the behind the scenes on how Ford Vehicles are developed which most folks are unaware. If you are potential competitor, I say Bring It On... It is very hard to out do Ford Light Truck Engineering as we are three steps (Lynyrd Skynyrd) ahead of the competition.

So if you wish to reach me...use @P. A. Schilke and I get an email indicating attention to a post.

I simply cannot contain the volume of PM requests...especially since I am now in Flagstaff, seeking cooler weather for my wife, Margie and our Tortoise,Tito, and me.

Best,
Phil

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

 
 








Top