New Members Introduce Yourself!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi everyone, my name is Simon, im 31 and live in Quebec Canada. I've been reading on this forum for a while but only decided recently to become a member.

I'm actually waiting for my '22 ranger Tremor, first ETA 05/25 - 05/31. It will be my first truck ever, only had cars in the past. I started ordering a Bronco in August 2021, but after reading a lot on bronco6g, i changed my mind because of it had so many first gen problems. The one that really made me reconsider was the valve problem on the 2.7. So on january 27th, i ordered a Tremor. Did not want a Jeep, so a Tremor seemed to be the best alternative to keep that off-road capability i was looking for. The dealer received my 2-door black diamond Bronco 2.7 in April. I almost flipped when i saw it, but i resisted the temptation. In the end, the ranger will be a better daily driver, more reliable and more practical.

So here i am, waiting for it soon to be delivered. I will change my 2019 Mazda3 for it and keep my 2016 mustang GT PP.

So ordered Xlt Tremor 301A on January 27th.

Blend date : 04/09

ETA : 05/25 - 05/31. Won't be surprised if i get pushed a few times. Seems ton be what is happening to everyone.

Just here a picture of my Mustang while on a road trip to Cape Cod. This was taken on the so much fun Kancagamus Highway in New Hampshire. 6th year of ownership, still giving me the smile, everytime.

IMG_20190729_211751_104.jpg
Welcome, Simon!
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I will get up and say Hi to everyone. Been looking around and see a lot of good stuff here.
looking hard at the beach on the outer banks here in NC, can’t wait to get out there.
3A3CBAFB-DAC3-4B1A-8281-83955FAD58A1.jpeg
Welcome, Bob! Great-looking Ranger!!!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, my name is Simon, im 31 and live in Quebec Canada. I've been reading on this forum for a while but only decided recently to become a member.

I'm actually waiting for my '22 ranger Tremor, first ETA 05/25 - 05/31. It will be my first truck ever, only had cars in the past. I started ordering a Bronco in August 2021, but after reading a lot on bronco6g, i changed my mind because of it had so many first gen problems. The one that really made me reconsider was the valve problem on the 2.7. So on january 27th, i ordered a Tremor. Did not want a Jeep, so a Tremor seemed to be the best alternative to keep that off-road capability i was looking for. The dealer received my 2-door black diamond Bronco 2.7 in April. I almost flipped when i saw it, but i resisted the temptation. In the end, the ranger will be a better daily driver, more reliable and more practical.

So here i am, waiting for it soon to be delivered. I will change my 2019 Mazda3 for it and keep my 2016 mustang GT PP.

So ordered Xlt Tremor 301A on January 27th.

Blend date : 04/09

ETA : 05/25 - 05/31. Won't be surprised if i get pushed a few times. Seems ton be what is happening to everyone.

Just here a picture of my Mustang while on a road trip to Cape Cod. This was taken on the so much fun Kancagamus Highway in New Hampshire. 6th year of ownership, still giving me the smile, everytime.

IMG_20190729_211751_104.jpg
Hi Simon

Hope your Ranger delivers similar smiles per gallon to your Mustang!

The Ranger has a heritage of being Ford Tough!

Best,
Phil

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I will get up and say Hi to everyone. Been looking around and see a lot of good stuff here.
looking hard at the beach on the outer banks here in NC, can’t wait to get out there.
3A3CBAFB-DAC3-4B1A-8281-83955FAD58A1.jpeg
Hi Bob,

Great looking Ranger! It has a proud heritage of being Ford Tough!

Best,
Phil

Pickled Ginger

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Hi hello, name's Mari. I've been lurking on this forum for couple weeks now, but I thought I should come clean. I'm part of the engineering team that works closely with the Ranger model, but I'm not with Ford. I'm one of the very few who speak English in my office and I was tasked to research what common folks are saying about the vehicle (like what y'all hoping to see in future models and such). Not here to sell anything, just trying to be a more curious, imaginative engineer and learn what people care about in a vehicle, is all.

I just want to say hi because searching for info on this forum has brought me so much joy at work. Y'all seem very tight knit and I'm envious of that connection that y'all have been building over shared love for Ranger. My favorite threads gotta be the ones where people give updates on modifications that they did on their Rangers, and the road trip journals.

If this warrants me being banned from the forum I can totally understand. Just want to say hi. (Not sure what the etiquette here - do I admit it? Do I just keep lurking? Only one way to find out haha.)

That being said unfortunately I do not own any Ford vehicle (yet?) - although I do collect Ford Hot Wheels. Also I'm not in Seattle although I used to live there for a while. If any of you works adjacent with Ford and has a vague idea of where I work, I would appreciate it if you keep the guesses to yourself. I know y'all are pretty open about where you work, but where I am people care a little bit about keeping the company's good name and all that, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here (from my company's perspective). I'm open to conversing, especially with fellow engineers, though - this is only my 3rd year working as an engineer and I admit there are still many things that I don't know, so wisdom from senior engineers is very much appreciated. I know Phil's name shows up a lot in the threads that I read, would love to meet more if can. Cheers.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi hello, name's Mari. I've been lurking on this forum for couple weeks now, but I thought I should come clean. I'm part of the engineering team that works closely with the Ranger model, but I'm not with Ford. I'm one of the very few who speak English in my office and I was tasked to research what common folks are saying about the vehicle (like what y'all hoping to see in future models and such). Not here to sell anything, just trying to be a more curious, imaginative engineer and learn what people care about in a vehicle, is all.

I just want to say hi because searching for info on this forum has brought me so much joy at work. Y'all seem very tight knit and I'm envious of that connection that y'all have been building over shared love for Ranger. My favorite threads gotta be the ones where people give updates on modifications that they did on their Rangers, and the road trip journals.

If this warrants me being banned from the forum I can totally understand. Just want to say hi. (Not sure what the etiquette here - do I admit it? Do I just keep lurking? Only one way to find out haha.)

That being said unfortunately I do not own any Ford vehicle (yet?) - although I do collect Ford Hot Wheels. Also I'm not in Seattle although I used to live there for a while. If any of you works adjacent with Ford and has a vague idea of where I work, I would appreciate it if you keep the guesses to yourself. I know y'all are pretty open about where you work, but where I am people care a little bit about keeping the company's good name and all that, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here (from my company's perspective). I'm open to conversing, especially with fellow engineers, though - this is only my 3rd year working as an engineer and I admit there are still many things that I don't know, so wisdom from senior engineers is very much appreciated. I know Phil's name shows up a lot in the threads that I read, would love to meet more if can. Cheers.
Hi Mari, I do not see any harm in you being a member and looking for info and learning about Rangers. That is what most of us are doing here, in general. I am not a moderator or admin but I doubt that you are breaking any rules by reading or commenting in the forum. Besides, you may have some great input to share with the group. I loved hot wheels as a kid and still have a few. Welcome!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Welcome, Mari!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Hi Mari,

I am here and will be happy to converse with you on these forums. I will not do PM as I want all forum members to see the dialog as they can learn or offer their differing opinion. I am not going to guess who or where or what your company is. I have 30 years of Ford Engineering Experience and there are quite a few back stories on these forums which I have told to show some of the behind the scenes on how Ford Vehicles are developed which most folks are unaware. If you are potential competitor, I say Bring It On... It is very hard to out do Ford Light Truck Engineering as we are three steps (Lynyrd Skynyrd) ahead of the competition.

So if you wish to reach me...use @P. A. Schilke and I get an email indicating attention to a post.

I simply cannot contain the volume of PM requests...especially since I am now in Flagstaff, seeking cooler weather for my wife, Margie and our Tortoise,Tito, and me.

Best,
Phil

Best,
Phil

Pickled Ginger

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Hi Mari, I do not see any harm in you being a member and looking for info and learning about Rangers. That is what most of us are doing here, in general. I am not a moderator or admin but I doubt that you are breaking any rules by reading or commenting in the forum. Besides, you may have some great input to share with the group. I loved hot wheels as a kid and still have a few. Welcome!
Thanks Mark I really appreciate the welcome. Yeah I'm mostly just gonna be standing in the sidelines, thought I make my presence known haha. I wish I had taken an interest in pickup trucks during my time in Seattle - I didn't understand what was the big deal then! Now I get to live through you guys vicariously. :)

Welcome, Mari!
Thanks Tracy! Looking forward to reading about everyone's Rangers here.

Hi Mari,

I am here and will be happy to converse with you on these forums. I will not do PM as I want all forum members to see the dialog as they can learn or offer their differing opinion. I am not going to guess who or where or what your company is. I have 30 years of Ford Engineering Experience and there are quite a few back stories on these forums which I have told to show some of the behind the scenes on how Ford Vehicles are developed which most folks are unaware. If you are potential competitor, I say Bring It On... It is very hard to out do Ford Light Truck Engineering as we are three steps (Lynyrd Skynyrd) ahead of the competition.

So if you wish to reach me...use @P. A. Schilke and I get an email indicating attention to a post.

I simply cannot contain the volume of PM requests...especially since I am now in Flagstaff, seeking cooler weather for my wife, Margie and our Tortoise,Tito, and me.

Best,
Phil

Best,
Phil
Hey Phil thanks for the welcome. And I agree about the PM, I would hate to impose myself - sorry if I had made an impression that I wanted a private conversation. My bad for singling you out in my first post but of course I would love to converse with everyone. I think within the pickup truck segment we've only been working for Ford so far, so I don't think my presence here would be a threat haha! Hope the weather's enjoyable for you and the family.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi All,

I’m Phil and I have a velocity blue Tremor.
was looking for some accessories online and this website came up. Found some great information, so I’m excited to join and learn even more?
Welcome, Phil!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

so i have been wondering about the meaning of the screen name pickled ginger ? does it stand for something or have a story ? it is very unique ! most of us have some sort of connection to the screen names. mine is the year of my favorite truck ever and old 11 meter radio handle and the year of the inception of a uniform service i was a part of many pounds ago lol.

Last edited:

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hi All,

I’m Phil and I have a velocity blue Tremor.
was looking for some accessories online and this website came up. Found some great information, so I’m excited to join and learn even more?
Welcome Phil, you will really enjoy the people and feedback/advice on this forum , lots of info and people happy to help you spend money on your new Ranger.
Brian

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase