First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
After a bunch of research, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, with the tow package and sport appearance package. I'm completely in love with this truck!

I've already ordered a damper for the tailgate, full set of high quality floor mats, and mud flaps. Have an appointment for a spray in bedliner next week, and been looking at which tonneau cover will be the best match.

Would love suggestions for a swing-out toolbox for the bed as well, if anyone would like to chime in.

First Picture.jpg

TomisB

First Name
Tomis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Nurse
Hello all. I purchased my 2019 Ford Ranger in July of 2019. I found this group looking for ideas on upgrades. With being off the last couple of days, I have read through a lot of the threads.
I haven't done a lot to my Ranger since I got it. It was a Lariet model, but I think I got cheated, or it was bare-bones Lariet. The first thing I did was tint the windows, needed in the Oklahoma summers. It didn't have running boards, so I found an OEM set on eBay for almost $100 less than retail. I also found an OEM tonneau cover for half price on a local buy, sell, trade site. The last thing I have is an AVS Aeroskin Lightshield Hood Protector. I would like to do some more work to it but may have to wait due to the current economic situation.
2019 Ford Ranger 29 Feb .jpg

Acatron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Just traded my 2014 BMW 328 for a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4. Super happy to be back in a truck. Pic below.

Also, not my pic but the second picture was my second car. A 1984 Ranger in silver.

B14A4776-2652-45F2-9B72-9E1609991C05.jpeg

7FBBA2FC-9554-42FC-9FE8-27A70702012F.jpeg

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Cab XL FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys new to forum My Names Alan.
I live in South Texas and work as sales consultant at my towns local Ford store. Iā€™m not your normal sales guy I take pride in my product knowledge and being a professional. I own Two Fords a 19 Super Crew FX4 with the 3.5L EcoBlast! I also just purchased a 19 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4. I have had mutilple Jeeps and a Colorado ZR2. I traded my Modified JK and 18 ZR2 in for this one. I off-road frequently as possible and take a couple off-roading/overlanding trips a year. I already have 265/7017 E Iron Man M/T and will be doing more Mods in the
future.
9958591B-C05D-4FBB-851D-4CD976470F8E.jpeg

Last edited:

WillFX4

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Cruze
Occupation
Social Worker
Hello all, my name is Will and I am starting to look for my Ranger. I know what I want, just have to save up a down payment. Local dealership has a crew Lariat FX4 they have leveled on 275/70R18s that looks awesome. Looks like a great place. Iā€™ve been reading and trying to learn as much as I can about them. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

robinsoncr

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Screw STX
Occupation
VP of Operations
Hi,

My name is Chris and I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.

The last Ranger that I owned was an 1986 Ford Ranger XL 4x4 standard cab long bed that I purchased new. That was an awesome truck. I've always been a Ford fan. I have owned a 1965 Mustang Fastback with factory bench seat, 1967 Mustang GTA, 1973 Mustang fastback with 351C/FMX, 1973 Mustang Mach 1 that I dropped a 428 CJ/C6 into, 1994 F150 XLT with 300/six, 1978 Bronco XLT with 351M and a very nice 1979 Bronco XLT Ranger with a 429SCJ/C6 that was built right from the ground up.

I now own a 2018 Ford F150 SCREW STX with a 2.7L EB.

Why am I looking at a Ranger and why am I here? Great questions!

1. My F150 has had persistent transmission issues from about 4,000 miles to present, 37,000. The dealership that I purchased from has been great but they haven't been able to resolve the clunks, jumps, and slipping in 5th. The last time, they had it for 2.5 weeks and ended up changing the valve body but things have gotten worse since.

The worst and scariest thing about the truck is that two times, while on interstate at 70mph with cruise on, no hills, the truck suddenly dropped from 10th to 3rd in a very consistent cadence. A gear change every 1/2 second or so. The last time, I nearly caused an accident because it was snowy and I was passing a 18-wheeler on a slight curve. Scared the crap out of me. My wife and daughter refuse to drive it, and I don't trust it.

So, I have asked the dealership to talk to Ford and work out a deal to get me out of this truck and they are working out the details now. I have the option of going with another F150 SCREW STX or drop down to a Ranger Lariat.

2. I'm here because I want to learn if there's any prevailing issues with the Ranger's 10R80? Am I going to jump out of one bad truck into another? Gosh, I hope not!

The local Toyota dealership offered me a 2020 Taco DC Off Road MSRP $40k for $5100 off MSRP plus $1000 over max KBB Trade for the F150. I passed for now. I really like Ford, and I like what they're doing right now building ventilators for our country. What is Toyota doing?!

But in the end, I want to feel "somewhat" comfortable that I'm not making another bad vehicle purchase. It's just too expensive to keep doing.

Cheers,

Chris

Dollar Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Electrical Estimator
Happy Friday! I purchased my 2019 XLT last week. It was a demo with 3,4XX miles on it. Deep dealer discount, good rebates and great financing. It was very difficult to pass up. I researched everything I could possibly research on for this truck. After test driving, I was definitely sold. The Ranger has definitely come a long way since my 1986 plain-jane Ranger.

I am impressed so far with the performance, handling and styling. I have had quite a few comments and lookers asking about it. I am very happy with my purchase. Can't wait to do some customization and try out the 4WD.
Ranger_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Howā€™s it going everyone, I just picked up or well they delivered my 2019 Ranger XLT with the FX4 package in shadow black. The deals were to good to pass up and I absolutely love this truck! Glad to be apart of the forms had to leave 2gfusions lol.

dejavoodoo18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Screw
Hello all,

I just purchased a new 2019 Ingot Silver Ranger XLT Screw last week after several months of lurking on this site. I finally pulled the trigger and got a fantastic deal and APR after trading in my 2016 F-150 XLT and could not be happier with my decision.

I put 99700 miles on my F-150 in just shy of 4 years of ownership (also bought new), and now that I am no longer commuting, hope to keep the miles to a minimum on this new rig in comparison.

Being 6'4" with a family of 4, I was a bit skeptical to transition to a smaller truck, however I find it perfectly comfortable and surprisingly powerful in comparison to my F-150 with the 5.0 V8.

Thanks to everyone for the knowledge base and great pictures of their trucks and mods. It definitely helped me consider the Ranger as a replacement and I'm so glad I did.

BJMartin

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Marketing Strategist
New member checking in.
Just purchased this 2019 XLT in HP Red
rsz__tbs0002.jpg

This will mainly be a daily driver and to get parts for other projects.
Still planning a few mods for it though. Having it tuned by OZ Tuning, the best tuner there is. Have tried many different tuning companies in the past and Oz is by far the best for evey vehicle I've owned. Will eventually do the hard pipes for the intercooler. Haven't decided what exhaust to do, want it to have full flow, but do not want to listen to it drone while driving.

Previous vehicles include '07 Mustang, '12 F-150 (Boss 302 mani and Procharged), '15 SHO, and a '11 Jag XKR175.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 Jeep TJ & ā€˜19 JLU; ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat; Charger
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Good Day All! Iā€™m relatively new, although I have already made a couple of posts. Bought a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (Lightning Blue) in December, but hardly driven it due to work and other considerations. It replaced my 2011 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab mainly because I wanted more safety options, Nav, and the like (& the Mrs. liked the color). It also has a lot more ā€œget up and goā€ then my 3.7L Dakota ever did and better gas mileage. I am really enjoying the Ranger...when I get a chance to drive it. Even my wife likes jumping in it and taking off.

Added a shorty AM/FM antenna, had the box sprayed with Line-X Premium, and bought a new grille. Will add the Ford Performance ā€œSuspension Leveling Kitā€ when the world reopens (and work slows down), as well as running boards, mud flaps, and new rubber (looking seriously at the new TOYO Open Country A/T III in P265/70R17). Like the looks of the ā€œSportā€ magnetic wheels, but somewhat eyeing up the Raptor Wheels as a thought when I change tires. Somewhere along the way, Iā€™ll install the ā€œBetter Builtā€ low profile, slim tool box in black. If I can find a suitable way to add a light-bar up front without defeating the Adaptive Cruise Control, I will. A few holes to drill in the roof for two-way radio antennas and a couple of interior mods, otherwise nothing else major planned. But the more Iā€™m on this Forum, the lighter it seems my wallet gets.

As my profile indicates, Iā€™m a Jeep guy (my ā€˜16 is actually Jeep number seven to date), but everyone needs a pickup for no particular reason other than because we want one. And all of the full-size trucks are just too big, frankly. I looked at and drove the new Jeep Gladiator, but didnā€™t really care for it and prefer to have my Jeeps do what they do well and my pickup do what it does well.

Glad to be here; appreciate all the discussions and comments back and forth. Iā€™m also a member of the Bronco6g Forum, as that may be a consideration in 2021 as an addition to my fleet (donā€™t mention that to my wife, please).

Here is a picture from the dealerā€™s sale advertisement as I havenā€™t even had a moment to get out and take a good pic of my own. Standard fare blue Ranger. And I do like that blue!

Be safe, stay healthy.

Steve

5E32664E-BF5A-4049-8D4E-E5D4EEAD5C37.jpeg

Last edited:

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
New member checking in.
Just purchased this 2019 XLT in HP Red
rsz__tbs0002.jpg

This will mainly be a daily driver and to get parts for other projects.
Still planning a few mods for it though. Having it tuned by OZ Tuning, the best tuner there is. Have tried many different tuning companies in the past and Oz is by far the best for evey vehicle I've owned. Will eventually do the hard pipes for the intercooler. Haven't decided what exhaust to do, want it to have full flow, but do not want to listen to it drone while driving.

Previous vehicles include '07 Mustang, '12 F-150 (Boss 302 mani and Procharged), '15 SHO, and a '11 Jag XKR175.

Magnaflow is making some good choices for the Ranger and all that have provided feedback say no drone.
Sponsored