First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT
Occupation
Investigator
Hi Guys, Just picked up a 2019 xlt this last weekend. Did a lot of research on this forum before my purchase. Thanks to all of you and your willingness to share your knowledge. Oh, and hello from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Gabe
Sponsored

bivenspack

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Mini Cooper, 1957 Ford Fairlane 500
Occupation
Reliability, Maintenance, Engineering Manager
Hello, name is Freddie. I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew, FX4 and tow package. Bought mine last year in Feb when they just came out. First one in my area to buy one. Probably overpaid since they were just out on the lots but didn't care. I'd been waiting forever for the 2019 Ranger to hit the lots. Haven't done much to it yet other than rolling on Herculiner in the bed. Cost $130 to do it myself versus $400 from the dealer or as an option. I love my truck. It replace a 2003 Ranger with 253K on the odometer (gave that one to my son after he wrecked his Mustang). Already ordered a Mishimoto catch can (i know, lot's of opinions on those, but it can't hurt the engine putting one on). Plan on getting the Rousch air intake and a bed cover sometime this year. Added the tailgate damper that let the tailgate down easy. Expecting my bed cover this week.

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hello all new Ranger owner here 2019 Ranger lariat FX4 coming from a 1999 Toyota Tacoma that I have owned for 20yrs. My last Ranger was an 89 regular cab love all the new tech on the new Ranger especially the eco-boost engine.......
Welcome!

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I drove Dodge Dakotas for years. My last one was a 2011 4 door 2wd. When it turned 75000 miles I traded it in on a 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR 2WD 4CYD 6 speed transmission. What a mistake. That truck couldn't make up its mind what gear to be in! So I saw an ad for a 2019 Ranger. The ad claimed it had a lot on it. When I got there to see it, the guy hurried me and didn't explain it. So I got it, it was an XL 2wd work truck. So I found a used 18000 miles XLT Off-Road Package. It was a nice truck, but the windshield was damaged by sand. I went to an auto glass dealer and he said it would take $900 to replace it. So I went to my dealer. No way would they fix it. So I kept looking and found my truck. And it is costing me about $100 more a month than the used one, and I have a brand new one with a full 3 years warranty!!!. And I took on a Dodge ???? Not sure of the model, But I outran him!

100_4681.JPG

TheFixer253

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Hello. On April 17 I bought my Ranger XL 4x4 supercab with the STX appearance package, tow package and some other options. I got a terrific deal. If you've got the money or credit then this is the time to buy. I was the ONLY customer on this large Ford dealer's lot.

This is the first new vehicle for me since 1983, so I'm thrilled to get this.

And then without anyone saying anything I got this terrific Otterbox cooler delivered by UPS about two weeks later. It's a $315 cooler. Very nice.

Love the Ranger so far. Can't really go anywhere much with all the restrictions in place, but I plan to hit the road when things open up again.

Anyway, hello to everyone. I'm looking forward to the discussions and recommendations on this forum.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello. On April 17 I bought my Ranger XL 4x4 supercab with the STX appearance package, tow package and some other options. I got a terrific deal. If you've got the money or credit then this is the time to buy. I was the ONLY customer on this large Ford dealer's lot.

This is the first new vehicle for me since 1983, so I'm thrilled to get this.

And then without anyone saying anything I got this terrific Otterbox cooler delivered by UPS about two weeks later. It's a $315 cooler. Very nice.

Love the Ranger so far. Can't really go anywhere much with all the restrictions in place, but I plan to hit the road when things open up again.

Anyway, hello to everyone. I'm looking forward to the discussions and recommendations on this forum.
Hi Owen,

I wish you many trouble free miles of ownership. Congrats! The forums and most of its members are ready to help you with any questions you might have on your new truck!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Fuze

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat...2020 Expedition max XLT
Hello all, Just got my 2020 ranger lariat. This is my first truck so really don’t know what I like yet. Finding this site has me excited to have this truck. Tons of discussions on what can be done with it. I love this truck already. I got the spray on bed liner, and a bed cover. Dark tint as well, that’s a must!

Anywho, looking forward to the discussions.

Calmdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 tri-pearl white
Occupation
IT Technician
Just drove out of state to collect this:

thumbnail_7804.jpg
thumbnail_7805.jpg

2019 Ranger Lariat; White Platinum Tri-Coat; Blackout package; 501A; Trailer Tow, etc, etc...

Already have purchases and a DIY project lined up for it.

Happy to be here! It's been a long time coming...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Just drove out of state to collect this:

thumbnail_7804.jpg
thumbnail_7805.jpg

2019 Ranger Lariat; White Platinum Tri-Coat; Blackout package; 501A; Trailer Tow, etc, etc...

Already have purchases and a DIY project lined up for it.

Happy to be here! It's been a long time coming...
Nice!

aklinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Said goodbye to my '08 Ranger and said hello to this beauty:
IMG_20200507_101146.jpg
IMG_20200507_101203.jpg

2019 XLT sport with 4x4 and tow package. It was the dealer loaner, so it has about 2K miles on it and a scratch on the side of the center console. I feel like I got a great deal, and can't beat that 0% financing!
So far, I haven't done much to it, as I've been building an addition to my parent's cabin in the UP of Michigan. The only real time-sensitive mod is adding a tonneau cover- I had to haul all my tools up here covered with a tarp, which seemed just wrong to put on such a beautiful machine.
I'm thinking about a soft rollup- my dad had a few frustrating experiences with tri-folds on his F-150 and the soft-rollups seems like a economical and easy install.

It also came with the drop-in liner, but I found it made it really difficult to reach the tie-downs. Is there any market to sell the drop-in so I can put a spray in instead? It seems to wasteful to swap it out if the drop-in isn't going to be put to good use.
Sponsored