New Members Introduce Yourself!

The Box

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi all. At the end of March I traded in my 2000 Ranger for a new 2019 Ranger. I hated seeing the ol’ girl go, but it was time and with the 0% incentive...I just had to.

now, with the lockdown, I have had it for two months and only but about 250 miles on it. The dealership is 40 miles away, so.....that’s not much driving.

I have ordered my BDS level kit and am going after the Shrockworks sliders next. I am looking forward to making this into my perfect vehicle.

AviRanger

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Hey Nerds, my name's Sam and last year I decided to give myself 1 life long investment into debt, and did it in the form of a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4. Never owning a truck or ever doing my own maintenance I went into the deep end on this one with the intent of growing and learning along side the truck and seeing where she takes me.

I intend on tinkering and seeing how everything works, and dealing with issues as they come up, as well as adding modifications. I don't plan on going crazy with it, but some minor cosmetic and functional equipment would be nice.

Biggest things I'm working on:
  1. Getting into the habit of cleaning it weekly or monthly, both interior and exterior
  2. Deep cleaning / detailing it every month or two, to include the wheels and engine compartment
  3. Expanding tool boxes and kits
  4. Brush guard? Brush guard.
  5. Researching into a leveling kit / lift kit
  6. Possibly an exhaust / muffler modification?
  7. Profit???
And I plan on doing these things along-side you all. Been lurking for a bit and you guys seem a good lot, so it's time I participated too! If anything, it's more to keep myself in check and stay on track with these projects.

IMG_1155.JPG

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Nerds, my name's Sam and last year I decided to give myself 1 life long investment into debt, and did it in the form of a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4. Never owning a truck or ever doing my own maintenance I went into the deep end on this one with the intent of growing and learning along side the truck and seeing where she takes me.

I intend on tinkering and seeing how everything works, and dealing with issues as they come up, as well as adding modifications. I don't plan on going crazy with it, but some minor cosmetic and functional equipment would be nice.

Biggest things I'm working on:
  1. Getting into the habit of cleaning it weekly or monthly, both interior and exterior
  2. Deep cleaning / detailing it every month or two, to include the wheels and engine compartment
  3. Expanding tool boxes and kits
  4. Brush guard? Brush guard.
  5. Researching into a leveling kit / lift kit
  6. Possibly an exhaust / muffler modification?
  7. Profit???
And I plan on doing these things along-side you all. Been lurking for a bit and you guys seem a good lot, so it's time I participated too! If anything, it's more to keep myself in check and stay on track with these projects.

IMG_1155.JPG
Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forums....Most folks here are very helpful and I would recommend when you have any doubt, post your question. I am sure you will get the help you need to learn further about the truck. Great looking Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,
This Bladimir, I just got our first Ford Ranger XLT super crew with FX4 package, in fact its our first Ford Truck. I'm looking forward to enjoying SoCal out door with this truck. I have been watching youtube and maybe adding some 2.5 inch leveler in the front.
Thanks for the add.
20200503_170053.jpg

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
2019 Ford Ranger retires my 2017 Ford F-150 XLT
I'm curious as to what some of the reasons were for going from F-150 to Ranger? This seems to be an interesting topic on TheTruthAboutCars.com when they post up the "midsize" truck sales figures. Their readers just can't understand why anybody would get the Ranger when F-150 does everything "better"....

Full disclosure: My better half went from an Audi A6 to the Ranger. Quite the departure!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. My dad and I just placed deposits on Rangers at the same dealership. He's 78 years old looking to buy his first truck in years and I'm 52 buying my first truck ever because I'm use to borrowing his!

He has a FX4 XLT silver with chrome appearance package and I have a FX4 black with black appearance package. We pick them up on May 16th.

We are both from Central New York and will putting the trucks to work and play. Looking forward to some fire road journeys up at our camp
Hey!! I see a familiar name from the Focus RS days. Welcome to the Ranger group Bill. This is Gregg. We exchanged many posts, a few Emails and even a phone call or two back when we were tracking our RSs on their journey across the pond from the Ford-werke Gmbh-saarlouis Assembly Plant. Its interesting to see that you are getting a Ranger. I have had mine just over a year now. It is an awesome truck and I am very happy with it. I have actually modded it more than I did The Focus:).
I still have the RS it has about 34K miles. I choose between driving it and the Ranger depending on my need and mood on any given day. Do you still have yours? I assume you won't be tearing up the autocross tracks in the Ranger.:LOL:

onthejob

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, 501A, Spt Appearance, Tow, Fox Shocks
I'm curious as to what some of the reasons were for going from F-150 to Ranger? This seems to be an interesting topic on TheTruthAboutCars.com when they post up the "midsize" truck sales figures. Their readers just can't understand why anybody would get the Ranger when F-150 does everything "better"....

Full disclosure: My better half went from an Audi A6 to the Ranger. Quite the departure!
Excellent question. Several reasons I made the jump. I really loved my F-150. Best riding truck I've had. Huge interior - FIVE full sized guys can ride in this truck with the front seats all the way back and no one is complaining about room. Tow's great, reasonable mileage for a full size, nicely appointed XLT with almost every option for that trim level.

So here was my thinking when my circumstances changed:

#1 I recently got a company vehicle that I can take back and forth to work with. Previously I was putting 24k miles a year on my F-150. In less than three years I had 60k miles on my F-150. Since the company vehicle, over the last 6 months, I put 2k miles on my F-150 drivig on the weekends.

#2 Since my F-150 has been sitting for six months, I've been developing issues that have costed me $1,000 in repairs. By this fall I was looking at replacing tires before the snow falls.

#3 I generally buy a new truck around 50k miles but I was hoping to keep this one longer because I wasn't using it. I felt the longer I kept this one the more I would spend in repairs and maintenance items. I felt buying a new truck under warranty would be a better option.

#4 Why not buy another F-150? I'm not driving nearly as much, I can get a loaded Ranger for $16k less than a loaded F-150 Lariat and I'm not hauling any thing or anybody that I really need a full sized truck. 0% @84 months is free money.

#5 I really love that little Ranger! It's still a truck that I can see over most other vehicles, It's fast with plenty of power, tows 7,500#, I've got bed to go to Home Depot, and she's loaded with options. Comfortable, drives nice, and I like the looks.

#6 It's new. I also think It'll trade in well come time because it's the first model year.

No regrets so far!

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Supervisor Lockheed Martin
15D00281-4095-4695-AA52-07E605A81358.jpeg
New member here out of a Fort Worth Texas. Just picked up this 2020 Ranger FX2 to go with my Ram Warlock. Ive has it about two weeks and already swapped out the grill for the raptor one. Waiting on the raptor lights. Also throwing on the 3” Readylift SST lift this weekend. I have a lot planned for this truck. My last Ranger was an 03 edge that I lifted with 39” tires. This one won’t be quite that drastic.

Rl.hill421

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
HI ALL! Newbie here, first post, first truck, first Ford. Traded a VW Golf R for something more practical since the apocalypse seems to be upon us :)

It's a sweet vehicle, and a vast improvement over the first Ford truck I ever drove in 1977, which was a 1967 F100 with a 3 on the tree, manual steering, bench seats, roll up windows, plenty of dings, scratches, and rust. It creaked and groaned when it moved, turned, or when the suspension flexed.

I've driven a bunch of trucks over the years, including a deuce and a half, a 5-ton, and a gamma goat in the Army, and various other pickups, utilities, etc.

This thing, the new Ranger, is a world apart from those more spartan trucks. Man is this a great time to drive a truck or what!
IMG_5837.jpg
Ayyyyyyyyy!! I traded in my APR stage one Mk6 GTI for the ranger! I did it for the same reason since my kiddo is getting bigger, I needed some more space for stuff in general like bikes, camping gear and golf clubs!

Rl.hill421

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to chime in since you're the only member i've spotted so far that has the same tonneau cover. If you step up to the Yakima system then you can have quite a bit of extra storage using the available slot in the tonneau rails. We also have some attachments for lumber and tiedowns as well.

500 lbs on the rails will get you pretty far if you fill the bed!

RoadTripRanger.jpg

RuffCycles.jpg
I have that sliding cover too and I didn't even think of that! Mindblow....

Bert Webb

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Auto Tech
Bert here from Glendale Arizona I bought a 2019 Ranger in March of this year I already have 7000 miles on its and I still get that grin on my face every time I get in and take it for a drive. As for the mods so far I have installed the auto stop eliminator. Dean's ring for the ignition switch. Embossed lettering in the tail gate and grill a bug deflector I also have floor mats coming. My next major purchase for it will be a tonneau cover but haven't decided if I want the hard folding or the retractable one. That's it so for
Sponsored