AzScorpion
Moderator
- First Name
- Dave
- Joined
- Jul 25, 2019
- Threads
- 342
- Messages
- 27,112
- Reaction score
- 137,222
- Location
- Back Home In AZ!
- Vehicle(s)
- 2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
- Occupation
- Retired...Full Time Slacker
Thanks Bret. We had no serious damage in our immediate location.
Unfortunately a friend of mine lost her sister in that candle factory in Maysville that was flattened. She called to say that she and some co workers were sheltering in a restroom. They didn't survive.
Local news and weather was predicting very severe weather for several days ahead of time. They were very accurate in their predictions on the timing of these storms arriving overnight. So as bad as it was, it could have been much worse.
Looking at some of the pictures of the damage is very unnerving because in many cases the destruction was so complete that there was no place that was safe. I saw one home that was completely gone except for the basement foundation and there were two cars just dropped in the middle of it.
So as I always say. Plan for the future, but live for today because none of us is guaranteed tomorrow.
Again, thanks for your concern. I hope you and yours are well and have a great Christmas season and new year.
Glad you and your family are ok Greg! Sorry about your friends sister. You just cant grasp the destruction from a tornado by pictures and videos until you see it first hand.
Back in 2011 we had a freak tornado come through Western MA and while not as large as this one it was an EF3 with winds up to 165 mph and was 38 miles long. I had just got home from work and heard the warnings on the news, jumped in the shower and when I got out the sky was a weird gray/greenish color. A friend called me and said most of the homes at the beginning of my old street (1 mile away) were all gone, luckily I only had some rain and a few strong gusts of wind. When I went down there it was like a war zone and a good friend of mine his house was gone! The only thing left was the chimney and part of the garage. Him and his family were down in the basement and it was a good thing the chimney didn't fall as it would've crushed them.
The next day I went out and the path went right around my area and straight downtown. There were a lot of historic homes there that were gone along with complete neighborhoods wiped out. Scary and sad to see what can happen in a matter of minutes. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. ?
Sponsored

