New Members Introduce Yourself!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Howdy, my name is Sam and I traded in a 18 Tacoma for a new 21’ Cactus Grey XLT 4x4 Ranger. Love the truck and can’t wait to add some mods. If anybody in the SoCal area knows a good shop to install a leveling kit let me know. Dealer wants 800 plus parts cost and my local off road shop wants 750. Glad to be here!
0272442C-B4BF-4D79-B626-D35E66F8125F.jpeg
Welcome!
Sponsored

Chris073

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Chemist
Welcome to Ranger5G! Let's make this the official member intro thread!
Hey I'm Chris. Bought my '20 less than a year ago. Love the Ecoboost! My first truck was an '83 Ranger w/V6 and a long bed (acquired in 1990). For my new baby, I added wheel spacers, and plan to install leveling kit next, then next year - bigger tires. Thanks for letting me join! I do most of my own maintenance. I call her Boss! This pic is before putting on spacers. Not sure if I'm keeping the bug shield....

PXL_20210906_223909773.PORTRAIT.jpg

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to Ranger5G! Let's make this the official member intro thread!
Steve here. Ordered a 2022 Tremor XLT cactus grey on 9/20/21. Tow and tech packages. Live in west Michigan and will be towing a Surveyor 19BHLE trailer to all over the state. Lots of trips to Drummond Island planned. Recently retired and excited to get my hands on it.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey I'm Chris. Bought my '20 less than a year ago. Love the Ecoboost! My first truck was an '83 Ranger w/V6 and a long bed (acquired in 1990). For my new baby, I added wheel spacers, and plan to install leveling kit next, then next year - bigger tires. Thanks for letting me join! I do most of my own maintenance. I call her Boss! This pic is before putting on spacers. Not sure if I'm keeping the bug shield....

PXL_20210906_223909773.PORTRAIT.jpg
Welcome! Beautiful Ranger!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello everyone, I'm Luke. I placed an order on a 2022 Ranger Lariat 501A FX2 on October 4th. Glad to be part of the community. I am hoping to receive the truck before the end of the year, but if not, it is worth the wait.
ranger.PNG
Hope your wait won’t be too long. Great-looking Ranger!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steve here. Ordered a 2022 Tremor XLT cactus grey on 9/20/21. Tow and tech packages. Live in west Michigan and will be towing a Surveyor 19BHLE trailer to all over the state. Lots of trips to Drummond Island planned. Recently retired and excited to get my hands on it.
Welcome!

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not an owner yet, but I am pretty sure I will order a Ranger here in the next few months. Will be my first new vehicle. I will use it as a daily and tow vehicle for my track car and RZR's, but I will likely tune it for development purposes as I tune for a living. I like the Ranger because it's not a huge truck, like they all seem to be these days.

This would be replacing my well used, at this point, 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD.

IMG_20200507_172540.jpg

Scooterdog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Hi, I’m Don. I just bought a 19 Lariat FX4. Previous owner was kind enough to put a leveling kit, 1” Bora wheel spacers, and 285/65R18 KO2’s on it for me. So far, I really like this truck! It’s SO much nicer than the Nissan Frontier I traded in!

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
Hi I’m Tom. Always wanted a truck but never worked out. End of December 2020 I bought a new Subaru Crosstrek Sport , largely because I was able to pay cash. While I liked that Crosstrek , everyday I thought about I should have got myself a truck even if it meant a monthly payment.

Flash forward end of July 21 was driving by ford dealer , keeping hearing about people getting great trade in values etc so I swung in the Ford dealer telling myself I’m not going to do it unless I get a great trade in value and has to be great financing rate, we’ll for me lol. A few hours later I left with a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat with the Tremor Package in Carbonized Grey.

Having a car payment again is no fun but it all worked out best it could. Luckily I got a good deal on that Crosstrek & Subaru had some nice Visa Card mail in rebates at the time so I drove it for 7 months and only lost about $500. I’m sure that’ll never be the case again in my life. I wasn’t planning on adding anything but put on a tailgate dampener, tonneau cover & mud flaps.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi I’m Tom. Always wanted a truck but never worked out. End of December 2020 I bought a new Subaru Crosstrek Sport , largely because I was able to pay cash. While I liked that Crosstrek , everyday I thought about I should have got myself a truck even if it meant a monthly payment.

Flash forward end of July 21 was driving by ford dealer , keeping hearing about people getting great trade in values etc so I swung in the Ford dealer telling myself I’m not going to do it unless I get a great trade in value and has to be great financing rate, we’ll for me lol. A few hours later I left with a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat with the Tremor Package in Carbonized Grey.

Having a car payment again is no fun but it all worked out best it could. Luckily I got a good deal on that Crosstrek & Subaru had some nice Visa Card mail in rebates at the time so I drove it for 7 months and only lost about $500. I’m sure that’ll never be the case again in my life. I wasn’t planning on adding anything but put on a tailgate dampener, tonneau cover & mud flaps.

Welcome Tom! Payments are never fun but at least when you drive your Ranger you'll be smiling and it makes it all worth it. Looks like you already got the gateway drug (Damper) of mods, the rest is history now. ? :piggybank:

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
Welcome Tom! Payments are never fun but at least when you drive your Ranger you'll be smiling and it makes it all worth it. Looks like you already got the gateway drug (Damper) of mods, the rest is history now. ? :piggybank:
Exactly !! While I really liked my last few cars , I not only finally have a truck lol I have the one I wanted. I love this truck and you nailed it , there is a smile on my face every time I drive it. I live in Michigan in a rural area so I think winter will be fun this year lol.

The dampener was the first thing I got & though that’s all I need. Then the tnn & flaps happened. Now I have a whole list of stuff I want lol.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not an owner yet, but I am pretty sure I will order a Ranger here in the next few months. Will be my first new vehicle. I will use it as a daily and tow vehicle for my track car and RZR's, but I will likely tune it for development purposes as I tune for a living. I like the Ranger because it's not a huge truck, like they all seem to be these days.

This would be replacing my well used, at this point, 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD.

IMG_20200507_172540.jpg
Welcome! The Ranger is a great truck!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, I’m Don. I just bought a 19 Lariat FX4. Previous owner was kind enough to put a leveling kit, 1” Bora wheel spacers, and 285/65R18 KO2’s on it for me. So far, I really like this truck! It’s SO much nicer than the Nissan Frontier I traded in!
Welcome, Don!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Welcome!

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
Hi , my name is Kern...I finally became a member after lurking since mid-April ....stumbled onto the Ranger 5g site when trying to find UCAs for the 2021 Ranger I purchased the first week of April...
This is not my first Ranger , that was a 1983 Sundance Edition , lifted with big tires, custom painted sides and tailgate, roll bar and pipe bumpers. sure was pretty, but that little 2.0 liter 4cyl 4 speed manual was woefully under powered... Next Ranger was a 1988 XLT STX 2.9 liter 6cyl with 5 speed manual that I gave the "wanna be a pre-runner " treatment with left over parts obtained from SCORE truck racers and fabricators that were based in the El Cajon and Santee area...I lived in Jamul ,Ca. at the time
I am now the owner of a 2021 XLT FX4, love this little truck and saved a bunch of money buying when I did.. manufacturer's and dealer discounts and a little negotiation on my part , I drove it off the lot at $6k UNDER MSRP
Which I have done a pretty good a job of spending on upgrades and dodads..

Truck is a heavily optioned 2021 XLT FX4. Rapid Red . Black Appearance Pkg. I have already installed a bunch of stuff , following is the order in which I did the build.... tinted bubble
License plate cover, BAKFlip MX4 hard trifold tonneau cover, Icon 2.0 aluminum series rear shocks, Icon 2.5 extended travel front coilovers, APG billet Upper control arms, Cooper Rugged Trek XL 255 / 70 R18 mounted on the 8x18 BAP wheels that came on the truck, Icon RXT progressive leaf spring pack , used their hardware kit for the install, Icon foam bump stops, LLumar ceramic 35% tint on front side windows, protuninglab black lens with orange LED front fender marker lights..that's about it for awhile, I'm going to drive and enjoy it as is for a few years,

20211016_191754.jpg

20211016_133955.jpg

20211016_133838.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: