Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Dagzz

How's the daily ride of the Icon Shocks. From what I have read Icon is more meant for high speed off road use. The Fox shock is more compliant for on road use.

Here's some good info from Stage 3

Stage 3's 2019 Ranger Fox 2.0 Stage 1 Package Review! | Page 5 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
So far I've been really happy with the Icons on the road. But mine aren't even broken in yet. I have less then 1,000 miles on them and I heard it takes about 1,000 miles before they "settle" and need to be re-torqued along with a realignment. I'm not at that point yet. But so far I like the way they ride a lot.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
This truck has definitely turned into a new addiction. Someone on here said that "spending on mods for the ranger is more expensive than a bad drug habit." I couldn't agree more.

I just put on this new Icon 2.5 coilover kit, with upper control arms and rear shocks. I also added 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, mounted on these 17Ă—8.5 wheels with a 25mm offset. The truck looks and rides great. It's a lot more trail capable, especially with the difference between the stock tires and new Nitto's.

I am taking a hit in MPG. I'm not sure if that would improve much with an aftermarket tune plus a cold air intake? I'm thinking about getting the Livernois tune and Roush cold air intake. Does anyone have any experience with these and thoughts one way or another?

20210429_184004.jpg

20210506_121112.jpg

20210506_120949.jpg
Lookin sweet! Nice wheels!!
I have the 2.5's front and back with the adjusters.
My rear springs are apg deavers and it was night and day over stock. If you have a nice ride with stock springs then just keep em unless you don't mind taking a trip to the bank for em.

I'm running metric 33's too (285/75/r16) and I have no idea what my mpg's are lol.

I have a Mishimoto performance intake [not a cold air intake the main feature is the smooth elbow after the box which reduces turbulent air flow and increases flow rate by 50% and of course the cool filter (whatever lol)] definitely feels better

PXL_20210427_202712442.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20210427_191453_352.jpg

OP
OP
Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My rear springs are apg deavers and it was night and day over stock. If you have a nice ride with stock springs then just keep em unless you don't mind taking a trip to the bank for em.

I'm running metric 33's too (285/75/r16) and I have no idea what my mpg's are lol.

I have a Mishimoto performance intake [not a cold air intake the main feature is the smooth elbow after the box which reduces turbulent air flow and increases flow rate by 50% and of course the cool filter (whatever lol)] definitely feels better

Thanks! Your truck looks sweet! Do you know if the Deavers have the 0

Thanks! Your truck looks sweet! I can see you have a few things on your truck that are next, on what's becoming my never-ending list, lol.

I'm really considering the Deaver leaf pack. Do you know if the payload and tow rating is still as high as the dealer FX4 leafs with tow package? Because I want those Deaver leafs for off-roading. But I still tow and load up the bed from time to time. Hoping for the best of both worlds.

Looks like you got rock sliders too? Are those the Shrockworks ones? I want to install Sliders next, then maybe a better skid plate.
Anyway.. nice truck! It looks bad ass

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Your truck looks sweet! Do you know if the Deavers have the 0

Thanks! Your truck looks sweet! I can see you have a few things on your truck that are next, on what's becoming my never-ending list, lol.

I'm really considering the Deaver leaf pack. Do you know if the payload and tow rating is still as high as the dealer FX4 leafs with tow package? Because I want those Deaver leafs for off-roading. But I still tow and load up the bed from time to time. Hoping for the best of both worlds.

Looks like you got rock sliders too? Are those the Shrockworks ones? I want to install Sliders next, then maybe a better skid plate.
Anyway.. nice truck! It looks bad ass
Never ending seems about right, tell me about it man.

I have no idea whatsoever about the deavers and towing. I only kept my bed to haul my my little pit bike to fart around on, and it actually rides so plush with it back there, 200 lbs.

I don't have rock sliders, my wife kept complaining about the ride height after leveling the front so I bought the steps that had minimal stick out and are actually level with my frame so they really aren't worth a crap I just kinda did it to say here you go lol.

But man with the 2.5's and some weight in the back it absolutely makes the ride even better.

I removed the stock spare and it actually made a difference and rode rough so I'll be putting 2 spares in the back when I go to 35's.

OP
OP
Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Never ending seems about right, tell me about it man.

I have no idea whatsoever about the deavers and towing. I only kept my bed to haul my my little pit bike to fart around on, and it actually rides so plush with it back there, 200 lbs.

I don't have rock sliders, my wife kept complaining about the ride height after leveling the front so I bought the steps that had minimal stick out and are actually level with my frame so they really aren't worth a crap I just kinda did it to say here you go lol.

But man with the 2.5's and some weight in the back it absolutely makes the ride even better.

I removed the stock spare and it actually made a difference and rode rough so I'll be putting 2 spares in the back when I go to 35's.
That's funny.. When I bought my truck it came with side steps.. They protruded out much more than the ones you have. I hated the look of them and just knew I'd clip them on something.. So I took them off. After installing the 2.5 coilover kit and putting on the 33's, my wife is complaining about the ride height too ?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's funny.. When I bought my truck it came with side steps.. They protruded out much more than the ones you have. I hated the look of them and just knew I'd clip them on something.. So I took them off. After installing the 2.5 coilover kit and putting on the 33's, my wife is complaining about the ride height too ?
Lol I like the look compared to like the tube steps and I didn't want any drop down ones, wide steps would probably not look bad with the fiberglass (4.5" bulge per side) as long as they're high up.

I was at a 3 inch level before the icons so when I got the icons they say they come at 2" of level and I watched like every icon video on YouTube and on one of them the guy (I think his name is Scott) mentioned that every 4 turns is a half inch raise in general with all of there coilovers so mine were turned 8 times to be at the same 3 inch level.

I've had my front coilovers for about 4 weeks and my rear piggys for about 3 weeks and it feels like they are really settling in I mean the more I drive the better they feel you know what I mean?

OP
OP
Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I like the look compared to like the tube steps and I didn't want any drop down ones, wide steps would probably not look bad with the fiberglass (4.5" bulge per side) as long as they're high up.

I was at a 3 inch level before the icons so when I got the icons they say they come at 2" of level and I watched like every icon video on YouTube and on one of them the guy (I think his name is Scott) mentioned that every 4 turns is a half inch raise in general with all of there coilovers so mine were turned 8 times to be at the same 3 inch level.

I've had my front coilovers for about 4 weeks and my rear piggys for about 3 weeks and it feels like they are really settling in I mean the more I drive the better they feel you know what I mean?
Yeah definitely.. it's been about a month since I installed front and rear together and it feels more settled and fairly "cushy." When I aired down and drove over some rough patches, that's where I could really feel the absorption capability of the kit. I was watching a ton of you tube videos too and reading quite a bit, basically trying to figure out if I was going to go with the Icons or Fox kit. From what I could gather, a lot of people mentioned Fox being more smooth on road and Icon absorbing more bumps off road.. I can't say one way or another on the Fox setup, because I obviously didn't install it. But I've been pleased with the Icons so far on and off road.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I received some info on the Icon leaf springs. From my understanding the rating is on top of the 1250lbs pay load. 155. 166, 190 inch/lbs for the different configurations. That's a 3/8 lift, 1.2 then 2.5.
The OLD man EMU's are I think are a 1.5" lift at 150in/lbs. They just arrive at that # differently then stock. Progressive. Over the Fox Coil Overs where you have to remove them to adjust the height, the Icons can be adjusted well mounted. I like the Icon suspension package. I think the suspension package is good value for what you get. Rebuildable, The 2.5's make sense with the 7/8 shafts. The remote reservoirs and aluminum body make a lot of sense for cooling. Trying to figure out what stage I will get. The top icon shocks have a dial where you can adjust the Damping. That's very cool but over kill for me. I think its worth the money to put a $3700 to $4200 suspension system on the Ranger. I think I would start with the 3/8 leaf spring lift then through the years and more money raise the truck up for large tires.

OP
OP
Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, that's good info, Scooter. I'll have to check out the Icon leafs too. That probably would have just taken it up to their "next stage" on the kit if I had added those too. I like the sound of the 3/8" option. Because now my truck sits perfectly level. I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of rake. But I also don't want to over extend the rear dampeners, so they still perform well.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Nice, that's good info, Scooter. I'll have to check out the Icon leafs too. That probably would have just taken it up to their "next stage" on the kit if I had added those too. I like the sound of the 3/8" option. Because now my truck sits perfectly level. I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of rake. But I also don't want to over extend the rear dampeners, so they still perform well.
The Icon Shocks are within there travel up to a 2.5 " above the stock height with the add on leaf 190inch/lbs. The Front Coil overs will also be within there travel with the truck level at the highest lift to level the Ranger.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Frank from Stage3 Motorsports is a goods guy on Ranger5G to contact. He's a sponsor of this site. He may even be able to get you a discount. I will be watching for sales like a Black Friday event. I signed up for there E Mails for future discount notifications. I think what I will do since our Canadian dollar is rising because of US inflation is get $5000 USD for future suspension mods. Looking at 6G Ranger.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Oh, and the Icon leafs use a different bushing over the OLD Man EMU's. Not as firm and do not have to be maintained as much. Greased. The Coil overs also come assembled. No screwing around, easily mounted. Icon kit also comes with rear bump stops. Icons are well Engineered.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and the Icon leafs use a different bushing over the OLD Man EMU's. Not as firm and do not have to be maintained as much. Greased. The Coil overs also come assembled. No screwing around, easily mounted. Icon kit also comes with rear bump stops. Icons are well Engineered.
Rear bump stops for the Ranger?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What compression setting are you guys running on the rear?
Sponsored