OP
Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Contact APG and ask them about payload and towing with the deavers.

Since you are going to be towing I absolutely believe that having the ability to adjust the compression settings in the rear shocks will put a smile on anyone's face as they load up the bed with weight or hitch up a trailer. That's an application where the cdcv's help tune the ride with weight.

I personally like the ability to find the right compression setting for the rear for soaking up bumps in the road vs. off-road. That's an application where the cdcv's help tune the ride over bumps relative to on road vs. off road.

I also plan to put 2 spares in the back inside of a spare carrier I'm designing out of mild steel so I will probably crank the rear shocks up a setting or 2. That would be me using the first application for weight in the back.

I know that the front coilovers that are without the cdcv's come at what would be setting 4 which in my opinion is fantastic without a long travel kit.

For the rears without cdcv's I'm not sure what "relative" setting they come at out of the box compared to a setting with the cdcv's but for me if that would be similar to a setting 4 on the cdcv's, that rides too rough with the deavers and feels like I'm back to the stock leafs that just buck over bumps. Some permanent weight in the rear would help but I'm not sure how much. I'm sure anyone could find the sweet spot and who knows maybe the rear shocks come at what would be similar to setting 2 because these shocks are engineered which means designed, tested, fixed, tested again, and so forth.

So cdcv's aren't necessary, the front come at a sweet setting out of the box and I just can't say how the rears come out of the box without cdcv's.

But the cdcv's do have some nice applications that you could use them for.
That's helpful.. makes a lot of sense. As you mentioned, I might just leave the front as is in their pre- set 4 without adding the valves. I like the way it rides anyway.. and then I can just add it to the rear. I can at least start with the rear and depending on how the front/ rear balance goes maybe do the front valves if I feel like it should be more dialed in
Sponsored

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Lookin sweet! Nice wheels!!
I have the 2.5's front and back with the adjusters.
My rear springs are apg deavers and it was night and day over stock. If you have a nice ride with stock springs then just keep em unless you don't mind taking a trip to the bank for em.

I'm running metric 33's too (285/75/r16) and I have no idea what my mpg's are lol.

I have a Mishimoto performance intake [not a cold air intake the main feature is the smooth elbow after the box which reduces turbulent air flow and increases flow rate by 50% and of course the cool filter (whatever lol)] definitely feels better

PXL_20210427_202712442.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20210427_191453_352.jpg
Are those Method MR703s?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
The fitment looks amazing. Don't mean to thread hijack but you are running 16s, right? Did you go 0 offset or 35 offset?

Cheers!
Yea I'm running 16's with 0 offset.

The reason I'm running 16's is because I wanted the sidewall to look thicker on a smaller rim with 33's. But I regret it now that I have fiberglass because who knows how big I'll go in the future but with 16's I can only go up to 35's. 35's look perfect but later later I'll probably cut some of the fiberglass to fit 39's or something once its fully caged and I get a new beefy rear housing. Probably another 2 years.

Another thing is the offset. I think 0 swings the wheel out a little too much at full lock if you look at the icon wheels they like 25 offset which makes sense. 25 pushes the wheel out to fit wider tires without spacers without swinging the wheel out at full lock.

I recommend 17's with a 25 offset wrapped in 33's (or a little smaller diameter if you want to keep crash bars or don't lift the front high enough).

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yea I'm running 16's with 0 offset.

The reason I'm running 16's is because I wanted the sidewall to look thicker on a smaller rim with 33's. But I regret it now that I have fiberglass because who knows how big I'll go in the future but with 16's I can only go up to 35's. 35's look perfect but later later I'll probably cut some of the fiberglass to fit 39's or something once its fully caged and I get a new beefy rear housing. Probably another 2 years.

Another thing is the offset. I think 0 swings the wheel out a little too much at full lock if you look at the icon wheels they like 25 offset which makes sense. 25 pushes the wheel out to fit wider tires without spacers without swinging the wheel out at full lock.

I recommend 17's with a 25 offset wrapped in 33's (or a little smaller diameter if you want to keep crash bars or don't lift the front high enough).
Hmmm ok. Yeah I really want the meatier tire look on 16s. I don't have any plans to ever exceed 35s (probably even 33s) on my truck. It will only see moderate weekend trail action too, no crazy stuff. I was going to do bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners with the front set at 2" of lift.

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
If you replace the rear springs I would not go with the Icons..
customer support is not there as I complained about them squeezing and they said they had no issues or complaints witch is total BS..When stage 3 reached out to me they also said they had no complaints either. Never asked what they could do to fix the issue.. Not sure if I’ll buy anything from them again either..
I'm about to remove mine and put spring pads under the 2 leafs that don’t have them..
honestly I would go with a different spring as there lots of different choices..

OP
OP
Dagzz

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Damn.. I've already had them on for about 4 months now. So far so good.. But I haven't had much opportunity to ride them hard and put them to the tests I normally would on the trail. Mind if I ask what issues you've had? Appreciate the "heads up."

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
At first no noise but a few weeks later they started to squeak over small bumps in the road. The other part is it says that it lifts the back .37 and even after having over 300 lbs in the back for weeks still an 1 1/4. But what really pissed me off was the denial that there was never any issues with them squeezing. I’m in the service business and when a customer is not happy I do what it takes even if it means giving them there money back or a different product.. Neither of them asked if they can help me with a fix.. Drive slow with the window open and see if it makes any noise. If not you’re one of the only ones. Maybe they put spring pads under the springs that dont have them now.. I’m going to try and get a vid today and post it..

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Here you go..

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
That would drive me crazy. Since you are the "only one" with the issue seems like the company would have made enough $$ off others to be able to work with you. Also seems like they would like to remove the "only one" off the marketplace.
Sponsored