New Ford Vehicles Heavily Damaged In Arizona Derailment

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Years back when I got my Healy 3000 replaced the stock exhaust, worked at warehouse where you had to cross rr tracks, long train came by daily around quiting time and many tried to beat it, I succeeded but tore my entire exhaust off and the train crushed it, hated trains for many yrs but my co workers were in stiches.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's the global warming. It's expanding the tracks and making them warp out of gauge. 🤣🤣
When I was 16 for a summer I worked replacing rr tracks, was mostly done by manual labor and on a hot day when you pulled spikes out extreme caution was used because of the tension in the rail, was ripped by summers end owing to the labor intensive work involved. Foreman was fanatical about the track gauge, measuring it every few yards. So yes extreme temps do cause derailments.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
When I was 16 for a summer I worked replacing rr tracks, was mostly done by manual labor and on a hot day when you pulled spikes out extreme caution was used because of the tension in the rail, was ripped by summers end owing to the labor intensive work involved. Foreman was fanatical about the track gauge, measuring it every few yards. So yes extreme temps do cause derailments.
Yes I am aware also. I worked for UP for a few years. But jesting but could be a issue along with lack of maintenance. Maintenance cost money.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am aware also. I worked for UP for a few years. But jesting but could be a issue along with lack of maintenance. Maintenance cost money.
Big bucks to maintain tracks properly, all done by machines now but in 70s we would unload new ties, use claw hammers to unspike rails, tongs to put new ties and rails in place, then swing hammers to drive spikes, shovels to tamp the gravel. I routinely could ring the bell at carnivals from spiking experience, so won cigars and stuffed animals and impressed the carnival chicks.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Seems like case of "The tracks worked at 16th century, so we'll use the same design" engineering issue.

Why not make individual beam expansion joints? (I'd guess money)

1686382013545.png

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
lack of maintenance. Maintenance cost money.
half lack of maintenance half over worked burnt out rail workers

I can't recall ever hearing of this many derailments
it has been like this since the invention of trains. it's just the current media buzz word- derailment. don't worry, we'll get back to "school shootings" soon

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
half lack of maintenance half over worked burnt out rail workers

it has been like this since the invention of trains. it's just the current media buzz word- derailment. don't worry, we'll get back to "school shootings" soon
I am sure that is the unfortunate truth, and that is a sad commentary on us as a species, isn't it?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score