New California gas tax went into affect today

Status
Not open for further replies.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I grew up in So Cal and lived there until I was 26, and I still have friends and family out there. Love the State, just not the government.

California is part of my US of A, so I do care ...a lot! I'm saddened by what I see going on there and a couple other states I won't mention. And yeah, I'm a little scared that some of the state's elected officials will pass that on to others.

I'm sure you know all about Californian's (long-time residents and business) leaving the state and moving to other states like Texas. I actually welcome Californian's who come here and assimilate, just don't' California my Texas!

If you live there and you're OK with it, then great. Keep on paying $5 for premium and I'll think of you and won't be jealous when I'm filling up at $3.
I tell people here all the time - if people keep flooding into Texas, I’ll be moving to Oklahoma ?

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Or Idaho, but I hear they are flooding in there too!
Yeah the writing is on the wall for Idaho. It looks beautiful but it’s going to be overtaken for sure. There’s been so much buzz about that state for years. From listening to people who actually visited to scope out and from people online it’s already changing and fast.

Oklahoma has great gun laws, cheaper land, etc.

Once they change Texas I’m sure they would follow to Oklahoma eventually. I don’t know what it is about hipsters and their ilk, for as much as they complain about certain people ahem, perceived backwards rednecks, they sure as fuck follow like an annoying little brother.

You could set up a nice community in bumfuck Nebraska, and once word reaches them about low crime rate, good jobs, cheaper taxes, those idiots will be right behind.

Austin is filled with these morons. Certain parts of San Antonio too.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Idaho is full! Avoid it at all costs as housing prices have become insane.

One thing is we do have four seasons. Frigid, road construction, smoke and fly(pest not fishing). We are currently in construction and smoke so not looking forward to fly season.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Idaho is full! Avoid it at all costs as housing prices have become insane.

One thing is we do have four seasons. Frigid, road construction, smoke and fly(pest not fishing). We are currently in construction and smoke so not looking forward to fly season.
Where in the state are you located? Like I posted earlier, people were moving to Boise in the early '90s. It was claimed to be more of a banana belt that a full on 4 season destination.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Where in the state are you located? Like I posted earlier, people were moving to Boise in the early '90s. It was claimed to be more of a banana belt that a full on 4 season destination.
Just west of Boise. The SW area is desert with rain amounts similar to LA. It gets a couple feet of snow with winter temps mostly in the 20's for lows and 40's for highs . Summer is HOT, we are in the longest streak of over 100 degree days in history. Avg highs around 90 during summer. 2 hours north and totally different with 11-12' of snow and below freezing all winter with subzero temps several days a year.

McCall

front snow.jpg

Ranger with snow up to bed.

Ranger snow.jpg

Last edited:

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Just west of Boise. The SW area is desert with rain amounts similar to LA. It gets a couple feet of snow with winter temps mostly in the 20's for lows and 40's for highs . Summer is HOT, we are in the longest streak of over 100 degree days in history. Avg highs around 90 during summer. 2 hours north and totally different with 11-12' of snow and below freezing all winter with subzero temps several days a year.

front snow.jpg
I had a work associate looking to move to Coeur d' Alene in the mid 90s. He was getting the local paper in order to acclimate himself. He didn't realize that it had major white supremecist elements at the time. He didn't move there.

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager
732F2165-CD57-4CCE-B3C7-3421C967EBB5.png

I’ve lived in Denver for 6 weeks and has has gone up 45cents in that time frame. I paid 2.89 at Costco weeks ago and thought it was highway robbery.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.