First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Does finding pinecones under your hood mean 6 more weeks of winter or its going to be a cold spring or something like that? ?
My grandfather use to feed the squirrels cracked corn. I asked him why he did that as they got plenty of food out there in the wild. His reply was, son, if there is food out in the open all the time then I don’t have to clean my engine compartment from them stashing a supply when it becomes scarce! Them old folk sure do know a lot‼

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Fortunately, the squirrels around me stick to walnuts in the woodpile...
20181027_122354.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
gentlemen, ladies - how to keep squirrels from getting into your stuff. get the sams club jumbo jar of crunchy peanut butter. spoon out enough to have a free inch in the jar all the way around. get a good drywall screw and your cordless drill. pick a tree in a viewable area. put jar on the tree upside down about 3 feet off the ground, open end of jar facing down. in the empty part of the jar you cleared out run the drywall screw through the plastic jar and into the tree. recycle the lid. a few of those around the yard and your ranger will be free of squirrels, opossums, raccoons and any other critter that like peanut butter. works on stray cats too...
i cant take credit for it. friend of min in Co sent that to me.
1645287717326.png

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, I used to put that 'Home Alone' face on my customers several times a week. Peppermint spray I told them. Many returned with compliments.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
If you want to get rid of squirrels, order a Goodnature trap. They cost about $160 delivered. They're are hard to find in the states, but they ship from England in about 15 days. They use a CO2 cartridge, and a couple of AAs. They even come with bait.

A18-GS-Crop.jpg

CODave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
My grandfather use to feed the squirrels cracked corn. I asked him why he did that as they got plenty of food out there in the wild. His reply was, son, if there is food out in the open all the time then I don’t have to clean my engine compartment from them stashing a supply when it becomes scarce! Them old folk sure do know a lot‼
Or, they'd tell all their friends and you'd have every squirrel within 10 miles.

We have a bunch of higher predators around here to make sure the squirrel population stays in check.
Sponsored