First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
Madcow, like others have said it's a sellers market right now. If they have inventory they can choose to do whatever with it. It makes the dealership more $$ for all the add ons so they're not going to budge on that if they can help it. Your choices are order exactly what you want & wait or bite on whatever a dealer is demanding on their existing inventory.

Good luck in your pursuit of a Tremor

ybody knows that helium gets you better fuel mileage...
I only settle for hydrogen filled tires. Atomic number 1 for less weight you see :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
When I was thinking about trading my truck for a RAM the dealer had a bunch of dealer options totaling $2000 that were already added. I told thrm I did not want them and he took them off like it was nothing. Good luck doing that with a Ford dealer.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FYI, to anyone wondering, to get a rough idea of X-Plan pricing go on KBB and do their build and price. Once complete, it'll give you both invoice and MSRP including destination. Take the invoice number and add 0.4%. It's a rough estimate, but fairly close.
X-Plan is .4% below invoice plus a $275.00 administration fee so for $40k vehicle you are still over a grand below invoice. The other thing X-Plan does is limit the documentation fee the dealer can charge to $100, that can be up to a $500 savings.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Right now many dealers will not negotiate. The market is insane right now and if you don’t buy it someone else will the next day.

In todays market x-plan would be your best bet if you are eligible for it.

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I doubt your going to get a Lariat Tremor for 40-42 k OTD.

I agree on dealer extras pass on that crap
Exactly, those days have been over for a while now. People that claim that now a days are getting a discount Ford plan or they're full of it.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I would find a dealer that will order your truck on xplan. You will save a considerable amount. You would also get the 1000.00 order rebate. My tremor XLT took just over 2 months from order to delivery. I would bet you would have your ranger in 2-4 months if you order now.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If they say, 2 others are interested, and they won't budge with price...is this going to start a bidding war?

I'd look for a dealer offering below invoice price, like Granger at 3% below. I have 2 dealers near me (within an hour) offering 4% below invoice price which is much better than this X-Plan. Plus Ford is currently offering $1k off on custom orders.

If you can wait, custom order. You will end up with a better deal than buying off the lot. And no dealer add on BS.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Great input. Another angle..

Its about convenience. If you do some more work-wsit you could likely save some $.

To test that, just email your exact spec to 3-5 fleet or internet sales managers at dealers in your region. Then compare. There were dramatic differences, about 20%, when I did this last year.

Based on my experience and what im seeing here on5G, lead time in about 3 months.

We each get to decide the value of convenience. Your call.. Have fun!!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I talked to the dealer, and he was very nice about everything. Seems there are two other buyers interested...
This is probably a lie. At the very least it's an exaggeration. The dealer does not have 2 other people lined up willing to pay the markup; he only said that to put pressure on you.

You said you're ahead of your timeline. So why rush to overpay? Put in an order, wait a couple months to get it, and pay x-plan.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Yeah I would also order one with X-plan or if possible with a dealer during below invoice unless you need a vehicle right now, I'm a little be remorseful that I didn't do that after my KIA ended up being a lot easier to fix myself and not costing 8000 dollars like everyone was quoting me when they got it too look at, it took me 3 months to get around to it but it was only a 5 hours job for myself and has held up.

Also do we have a list of below invoice dealers, I know granger is the one everyone talks about but there seems to be some offering 4% I don't know about.

Also truck month just started and it doesn't look great.....not really sure though as I never shopped for trucks until the last year or so. Make all the stories of 10-15k of MSRP sound like an fantasy to me.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Didn't budge on much but went down to about 9% on the addons.
This actually looks like proof the dealer was lying. If he really had 2 other people lined up for this truck, why would he be willing to drop 3% of almost pure profit off the price?

Please don't reward these tactics with a purchase, for your sake and for the sake of your fellow consumers.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I would find a dealer that will order your truck on xplan. You will save a considerable amount. You would also get the 1000.00 order rebate. My tremor XLT took just over 2 months from order to delivery. I would bet you would have your ranger in 2-4 months if you order now.
Most Rangers (SuperCrew) are getting scheduled for production fairly quick right now. Find a dealer who will honor X Plan or even MSRP on an order if you don't qualify for X Plan. You still get the $1000 order cash that has been on-going for sometime now. They are overcharging for all of those add-ons and nitrogen in the tires is the most ridiculous add-on ever. Even if it has very minor benefits it doesn't cost them more then $20-25 to put nitrogen in the tires. They must be charging a few hundred for that alone. Laughable.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
X-Plan is better than nothing I guess. Search dealers around you or even within a specific mileage. Visit their web page, it will say if they offer below invoice price on custom orders.

I had an order in with Dealer A at MSRP. Found another Dealer B offering below invoice. Canceled Dealer A and reordered at Dealer B for $3300 less than Dealer A. Plus my taxes with be lower so I'll save there as well. Throw in the $1k Ford Incentive.

Definitely search around for the below invoice percentage. If nothing, look into this X-Plan. Again, it's all about when you need/want your truck.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
Everybody knows that helium gets you better fuel mileage...
If you live in Canada, that means you need another 1500 lbs of ballast in the cab!
Sponsored